Community MetaSteam | September 2021 - Welcome to Punxsutawney

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
I mean it's Aspyr so there's a chance it's good but oh god they're going to fuck up KotOR aren't they? [*hyperventilates*]
Please don't be shit, Please don't be shit, Please don't be shit, Please don't be shit... just port it, up-res it , add some swishy effects and leave everything else the fuck alone. I want the warts because i don't trust anyone to remove 'em without ballsing something else up.

... and yes, i still have it multiple times on different platforms and stores but that's not the point!

Reactions: Tomasety

thistestnow

*doom noises*
Feb 16, 2021
I told you all before to expect 1 maybe 2 games per year from Sony :p
It's just odd that Jim Ryan himself mentioned themselves a whole slate of games.
Which means more were in dev to be released in 2021.

Looks like all got pushed back to 2022. Would be nice if we knew which ones though.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
It's just odd that Jim Ryan himself mentioned themselves a whole slate of games.
Which means more were in dev to be released in 2021.

Looks like all got pushed back to 2022. Would be nice if we knew which ones though.
Jim Ryan promised free PS4-PS5 upgrades and we all know how that ended XD

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
Nice to see Sony starting to announce PC versions of games alongside their PS5 releases. Day and date is hopefully the next step. I won’t hold the Arkham Knight port against Iron Galaxy seeing as reports at the time where they only had 3 months and a limited budget to port the game. Plus there later ports where a lot better.

only after Lost Legacy in the collection, not a big fan of Nathan Drake but did like Chloe in Uncharted 2, does help that she is voiced by Claudia Black as well. Been a fan since theFarscape days.

I am not surprised, but disappointed, that the Tiny Tina game is EGS exclusive. But then I remembered that the he only Borderlands game I have ever bought new wasn’t even a Gearbox game. Grabbed Tales of the Borderlands new.Not even grabbed Borderlands 3 yet, sales need to go a bit deeper yet.

I then remember that nearly all my gaming time goes into FFXIV and I probably shouldn’t be buying any more games for the time being.

Although Tales of Arise is very tempting…

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
I am still kinda annoyed with Sony approach to PC announcement and I see that they are back to announcing games for PlayStation far in advance (when they are either in pre-production or early in development). In general it shows how Sony doesn't really have any precise schedule longer than few months. I know that making games takes time but you take that into the count.

And to go back to their PC releases they really drag those and kinda jump all over the place with them. At least with MS we had small transition period between them releasing some games on PC and making decision to release all games to PC. With Sony we are clueless and we know that they don't intend to do day and date releases anytime soon.

Oh well it is what it is.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Nice to see Sony starting to announce PC versions of games alongside their PS5 releases. Day and date is hopefully the next step.
Yes, this is the biggest thing from the showcase to PC gamers. Sony really meant it when they said PC is becoming one of the pillars. I think we can expect more similar announcement in future showcase / state of play.

Also catching up to all the showcase news. Why no one told me that they played a Babymetal song during Tiny Tina trailer? To be fair it's a very old song but as a fan it's something nice to see.

Edit: Wolverine announcement reminds me of this game. I would love to play it again.

Last edited:

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
Yes, this is the biggest thing from the showcase to PC gamers. Sony really meant it when they said PC is becoming one of the pillars. I think we can expect more similar announcement in future showcase / state of play.

Also catching up to all the showcase news. Why no one told me that they played a Babymetal song during Tiny Tina trailer? To be fair it's a very old song but as a fan it's something nice to see.
Will have to check the trailer out now. While not having listened to a lot of Babymetal yet, I do like what I have heard (Karate, Tales of Destinies and a couple of others I can't remember the names of at the moment).

Reactions: Cacher

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Will have to check the trailer out now. While not having listened to a lot of Babymetal yet, I do like what I have heard (Karate, Tales of Destinies and a couple of others I can't remember the names of at the moment).
They played Gimme Chocolate, probably their most popular song out there. It's weird and fun but also pretty low on my Babymetal song list haha.

Reactions: thekeats1999

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
If someone has or stumbles upon promo code for Far Cry 6 (AMD or other promotion) for PC hit me up XD

• Eyes

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
According to HLTB, The Artful Escape is 3 or 4-hour long. It is a kind of runner in disguise.

I will have to decide whether to finish it or The Last Stop, which is 6-hour long and has worse reviews (70 on OpenCritic vs. 80 for The Artful Escape).

From what I have played, both are very casual games, and I am more interested in the story of Last Stop.

• Eyes

hersheyfan

South Sea Islander
Jul 17, 2021
Manila, Philippines
steamcommunity.com
I will have to decide whether to finish it or The Last Stop, which is 6-hour long and has worse reviews (70 on OpenCritic vs. 80 for The Artful Escape).

From what I have played, both are very casual games, and I am more interested in the story of Last Stop.

Last Stop is a fun enough ride, sadly they failed to stick the landing on the ending (like, failed really, really hard). Still had a good time overall, and the soundtrack is pretty great!

BO7AMMOOD

Lucas isn't sure what to do anymore
Apr 18, 2019
Price glitch!!!

GRIME -90% - $2.49/€2.11 - Extra 5% off using voucher "PCGAMES5OFF" - first time purchase only
I literally just logged in to post about this! Trust Tomasety to be on top of any spice deal 😆

Has to be a price mistake though, right? Not sure when I'll get to it but bought it nonetheless at this price!

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
I read that these two weird games are not too bad.

I bought this but ended up refunding it. It was alright, just didnt really do it for me. I'd read it was a good x-com ish type game but i didnt really get that feeling when playing it.

Reactions: Wok

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Somehow reworked download page seems worse than the old one.
How so? The changes are mostly aesthetic (and IMHO it looks better, but that's subjective).

The only functionality changes I can think of are:
  1. Having a "Clear All" button for completed downloads.
  2. Direct linking to and viewing of patch notes,
And those two are great improvements.

Status
Not open for further replies.