Community MetaSteam | September 2021 - Welcome to Punxsutawney

Status
Not open for further replies.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Yes, port gonna be a shitshow.
As always with porting, time and budget are issues. We all know WB gave less than a solitary fuck about their PC versions.

Sony learned their lesson with Horizon. Hopefully they are paying Iron Galaxy to do it right, rather than quickly.

• This!
Reactions: Pommes and Tomasety

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Shame the old Uncharted games don't come to pc. I wanted them just for legacy purposes. And the first is kind of a fun run n gun game to play.

The series is all about the characters so its gonna be hard for people to be invested in 4 if they didn't play 1-3.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
As always with porting, time and budget are issues. We all know WB gave less than a solitary fuck about their PC versions.

Sony learned their lesson with Horizon. Hopefully they are paying Iron Galaxy to do it right, rather than quickly.

I don't trust Dave Lang.

Avern

MetaMember
May 14, 2020
While I can see it being hard to get into Uncharted 4 without playing 1-3, The Lost Legacy is a standalone title that should be easy for newcomers to approach. It's also the best in the series, since its shorter length results in the best pacing.

Hopefully 1-3 come later, but with how wack Sony's PC strategy has been thus far, I'm not holding my breath. Emulation save us.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
I mean I am happy for Uncharted on PC but playing 4 without first 3 just doesn't hit the same. In my opinion they should have ported 1-3 first than 4 and LL. Characters and their relationships mean a lot for this franchise and dropping just 4th game on people who never played Uncharted before will mean way less

Morten88

Aug 8, 2021
Alan Wake Remastered is just the PC version with some tweaks according to the FAQ.
It looked pretty bad from the sony showcase.

Forspoken will release on PlayStation 5 and PC (Epic Games Store, Windows Store and STEAM) in Spring 2022.

Forspoken Steam release confirmed, from 6 things we learned from the new Forspoken trailer | Square Enix
Thank god! Im not 100% sold on it yet, but if im gonna be, then im glad i can get it on Steam.

Reactions: PhaZZe

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Really glad I replayed Alan Wake last summer. Still love it but it was quite a bit rougher than I remembered so I'll gladly skip the EGS exclusive remaster. Alan Wake 2 is going to hurt, though...

• This!
Reactions: PhaZZe

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
I really can't believe how Remedy dropped the ball with PC audience in past couple of years.
They sure love their shitty exclusivity deals but it's been going on for much longer than just a couple years. They've been making it really hard being a fan of theirs for over a decade now. The original Alan Wake skipped PC when MIcrosoft came in, then it was Quantum Break and Control. And now they're getting publishing deals from Epic...

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
Remedy games/505 publishing are just wait until its like a 1$ or whatever for the complete edition and avoid it if its in a humble bundle since they'll go out of their way to screw over customers

• Sad
Reactions: FeedMeAStrayCat

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Damn, some side of me wanted to see Sony show big things, convince me to buy a PS5 (and not being able to afford games there), but this was just meh.
It still hurt to not being able to play Spidey, GoW or Tsushi…

• Sad
Reactions: Tomasety and Cacher

thistestnow

*doom noises*
Feb 16, 2021
Reactions: Tomasety and Shahem

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
They sure love their shitty exclusivity deals but it's been going on for much longer than just a couple years. They've been making it really hard being a fan of theirs for over a decade now. The original Alan Wake skipped PC when MIcrosoft came in, then it was Quantum Break and Control. And now they're getting publishing deals from Epic...
It's just kinda sad charging 30$ again for those upgrades. I could be wrong maybe Durante can correct me but we really got much bigger remasters on PC either for free or with nice discount for previous owners.

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
Unfortunate really but I'd rather have the most technologically up-to-date game.
Understandable but for first-time players what's the point of starting a franchise with such a big focus on characters and story at the last instalment? It's almost as if they want it to fail.

• This!
Reactions: Tomasety and PhaZZe

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
I mean I am happy for Uncharted on PC but playing 4 without first 3 just doesn't hit the same. In my opinion they should have ported 1-3 first than 4 and LL. Characters and their relationships mean a lot for this franchise and dropping just 4th game on people who never played Uncharted before will mean way less
Yeah, UC4 is one of the best send-offs to a beloved cast in any medium. Though it's a fantastic game in itself, the emotional impact isn't there without playing the previous games. I still highly recommend both games but it's a shame the first 3 aren't getting a port (I highly doubt they'll be coming in the future, they just decided to skip them, doesn't look like they're interested in porting any pre-PS4 games).

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
I haven't checked but i would be surprised if the TOA extras were not available as DLCs at some point in the future.
Maybe not pre-order bonuses but the costumes for sure.

Vantr

Feb 15, 2021
Kinda disappointed that Uncharted is only 4 and LL. I would have love to replay 2 & 3.

I'm hyped for Kotor remake.

Seeing as how Forspoken has a Windows Store Release, possible Game Pass deal? Game looks interesting enough.

Lets go, Arise day.

Status
Not open for further replies.