Community MetaSteam | September 2021 - Welcome to Punxsutawney

Status
Not open for further replies.

InquisitorAles

I know nothing
Oct 19, 2018
www.youtube.com
It is a bit surprsing that some games are part of a leak, and some games from the same publisher are excluded from the leak, that is all.
I mean, this leak didn't have Gears 5, while it has Gears of War 4 and Gears 6. So yeah, this leak is real but incomplete and missing stuff from a lot of publishers, not just Nordic, Microsoft, or Sony.

actual_norwegian_guy

Rebranded...
Apr 15, 2021
I mean, this leak didn't have Gears 5, while it has Gears of War 4 and Gears 6. So yeah, this leak is real but incomplete and missing stuff from a lot of publishers, not just Nordic, Microsoft, or Sony.
Yeah, it missed out a looot of stuff from Sega; almost the entire Yakuza saga, some other stuff, other stuff and other stuff, hopefully also Persona stuff and some other stuff.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
oh whoops
I told you. It seems many people missed the fact that xPaw curated his own leak of the leak.

this leak doesn't include everything
Sure. It is just that I was expecting more consistency from THQ.
The only consistency that I got from them is that they silently deleted my messages in their Steam hubs for both Destroy All Humans 2 and Outcast 2.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Speculative list my ass, we're getting EVERYTHING :evilblob:

Not everything as there's confirmed cancelled stuff in there too.
It is a bit surprising that some games are part of a leak, and some games from the same publisher are excluded from the leak, that is all.

I would have expected publishers to have some consistency in the way they use Nvidia's services.
I mean, as I have said multiple times since the leak happened, we don't fully understand what's the criteria behind each entry and why some games from the same publisher are missing, so yeah, it's a case by case situation in which we don't have all the rules clear but so far it has been a very interesting leak.

Last edited:

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Played a few hours of
It's... functional.
Combat is a bit slow with ennemies having quite a few HP but hit feedback is good, it's has decent platforming segments, very tiny puzzles like bringing an explosive barrel to a wall, a secret here and there, it's quite pretty and the music is good.
But despite unlocking new magic (wooo ice magic I can freeze water blocks, fire and I can light torches) or new weapons (the axe breaks purple blocks and is slower so it staggers more ennemies, yay), it's all very bland and seen a thousand times.

It's a good example of a game made well, but without a soul. It's a bunch of parts stuck together (Donkey Kong Country, a bit of Dark Souls combat stagger, a Mario 3 map system, new paths like in Shovel Knight, etc), all are "good enough" but not particularly fantastic, it still has some issues like long recovery after attacks or underwater moments that are a bit clunky that wouldn't detract too much if it just was... more engaging.

Since it's not an RPG, you can't get XP but just money to buy the few (extremely bland) upgrades, which you get by killing ennemies or breaking down crystals in levels... but everything nets you very little.
While you can just replay a challenge level and get 10 000 in a minute or two, so you quickly just... skip every mob to rush to the end, levels are long... but not when you can just ignore them.
And I ended up dropping it because why bother to see more of the same and not engage much with the content? it's not like there's much of a story or deep boss fights.

Hope that the studio will find a little spark for their future games, they are capable, but the sidescrolling genre is more than crowded.

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
Played a few hours of
Cosigned. I ended up beating it (a lil over 6 hrs) and nothing really changes from where you are. It's unfortunate, because the game feels pretty good.

actual_norwegian_guy

Rebranded...
Apr 15, 2021
persona's anniversary merch leaked, and spoiler, jk it was a bunch of nothing

we're still getting shit like p6, no clue on remakes though

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Good thing is that i just have 3 games on my list that i want to play ASAP for the rest of the year. Bad thing is that only one of those has some kind of "deal" XD Games are Far Cry 6, Psychonauts 2 and Sherlock Holmes Chapter One XD

• Gib
  • Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Wok

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
the two acrylic stands that were "secret" and speculated to be the posters for an upcoming remake and p6, were actually just:

the secret shit are those two at the bottom, an acrylic stand for persona 20th anniversary festival, and another stand for persona 4
Seriously why do Altus waste people’s time like this?

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Isn't Genesis Daksiders 4?
Yeah, brain fart. I should have meant 5.
Still good to see some even older IPs arent just being buried in the THQN vaults
I do agree with this. Can't believe Outcast is finally getting a sequel.

I also found this tweet by Gematsu as I did not watch the whole presentation. Maybe it is in development but not ready to be shown.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I hope devs continue to implement Dualsense support (with haptics etc.) into the PC versions. Im not using it for Deathloop as I play FPS with KB/M, but I still would like the option to use a fully supported Dualsense controller.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
I hope devs continue to implement Dualsense support (with haptics etc.) into the PC versions. Im not using it for Deathloop as I play FPS with KB/M, but I still would like the option to use a fully supported Dualsense controller.
I hope Sony releases some driver to allow full Dualsense support over Bluetooth on PC. I notice that haptics stuff seems to require wired connection so far.
Maybe if Sony begins porting PS5 games to PC.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I really need to stop both pre-ordering and buying new games unless they are on a deep sale for a while. Currently I have Deathloop, LiS 3, Carto, Ender Lillies, Omori, Eastward and Orcs Must Die 3 of finishable games to play.

Seeing that Geforce leaked thingy, Im unsure if I should continue with Demon's Souls and Returnal, because if I understood it correct, Sony plans to release them on PC, right?

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020

Geez, now I want to replay Gothic...

Edit: it's an old video but it randomly appears on my recommend.

Last edited:

actual_norwegian_guy

Rebranded...
Apr 15, 2021
I really need to stop both pre-ordering and buying new games unless they are on a deep sale for a while. Currently I have Deathloop, LiS 3, Carto, Ender Lillies, Omori, Eastward and Orcs Must Die 3 of finishable games to play.

Seeing that Geforce leaked thingy, Im unsure if I should continue with Demon's Souls and Returnal, because if I understood it correct, Sony plans to release them on PC, right?
yeah

im really in the opposite, i've begun playing on my switch more than i have on my PC because it's experiencing a drought of games i'm interested in (which hopefully will be fixed when we get those fucking ports), but NMH3 is really the only game that's been interesting atm for me

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Yes

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France

Tickets to attend the Main Event will be sold in three separate two-day bundles:
  • Midweek 1 (October 12 and 13): 249 Lei
  • Midweek 2: (October 14 and 15) 249 Lei
  • Finals: (October 16 and 17) 999 Lei

• Eyes

Yoshi

o_O
Jan 5, 2019
Weekend PC Game Deals (credit to Neowin)

Bundles:
Humble Fall VR Emporium Bundle
Humble Be the Bad Guy Bundle

Free Games:
Titan Quest Anniversary Edition
Jagged Alliance Gold Edition
Speed Brawl

Tharsis

Free Weekends:
Age of Empires IV
Call of Duty: Vanguard
Desperados III
Hearts of Iron IV
Retimed
Stellaris

BIOMUTANT$39.59 on Steam
Crusader Kings III$37.99 on GamesPlanet
Half-Life: Alyx$35.99 on Steam
Hell Let Loose$29.99 on Steam
Solasta: Crown of the Magister$25.99 on Steam
Sea of Thieves$23.99 on Steam
Satisfactory - Early Access$23.99 on Steam
Desperados III$19.99 on Steam
Halo: The Master Chief Collection$19.99 on Microsoft Store
Deep Rock Galactic$19.49 on Steam
Dead Cells$16.24 on Steam
Valheim - Early Access$15.99 on Steam
Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning$15.99 on Steam
Gears 5$15.99 on Microsoft Store
Gears Tactics$15.99 on Microsoft Store
Hand of Fate 2$14.99 on Steam
Wreckfest$14.99 on Steam
Wingspan$11.99 on Steam
Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition$11.99 on Microsoft Store
Star Control: Origins$10.8 on GreenManGaming
Suzerain$10.49 on Steam
Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout$9.99 on Steam
ELEX$9.99 on Steam
Stellaris$9.99 on Steam
Destroy All Humans!$9.89 on Steam
SpongeBob: Battle for Bikini Bottom Rehydrated$9.89 on Steam
Darksiders Genesis$9.89 on Steam
Cloudpunk$8.99 on Steam
Gang Beasts$8.99 on Steam
Red Dead Online$8.8 on GreenManGaming
Hydroneer$7.99 on Steam
Portal Knights$7.99 on Steam
Golf With Your Friends$7.49 on Steam
SpeedRunners$7.49 on Steam
Warhammer: Vermintide 2$7.49 on Steam
For Honor$5.99 on Steam
Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition$5.99 on Steam
Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet Edition$5.99 on IndieGala
Call of Juarez Gunslinger$5.28 on GameBillet
Black Mesa$4.99 on Steam
Darksiders Warmastered Edition$4.99 on Steam
Punch Club$4.99 on Steam
Sunset Overdrive$4.99 on Microsoft Store
Wizard of Legend$4.79 on Steam
Creed: Rise to Glory VR$4.49 on Fanatical
CrossCode - $13.99 on GOG
Void Bastards - $11.99 on GOG
DUSK - $10.99 on GOG
TimeShift - $9.99 on GOG
Singularity - $7.49 on GOG
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice - $7.49 on GOG
Descent - $6.99 on GOG
Soldier of Fortune: Platinum Edition - $6.49 on GOG
Call of Juarez: Gunslinger - $5.99 on GOG
Blood: Fresh Supply - $4.99 on GOG
Crysis Warhead - $4.99 on GOG
Mirror's Edge - $4.99 on GOG
The Longest Journey - $3.99 on GOG
Medal of Honor: Allied Assault War Chest - $2.49 on GOG
System Shock 2 - $2.49 on GOG
Independence War II: Edge of Chaos - $2.03 on GOG
Unreal Gold - $1.99 on GOG
Unreal Tournament GOTY - $1.99 on GOG
Tomb Raider 1+2+3 - $1.99 on GOG
Wing Commander: Privateer - $1.49 on GOG
Tomb Raider: Anniversary - $0.98 on GOG

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France

And Bloodborne PC is nowhere to be found.

My guess is that it's been canned.

I'd happily take Demon's Soul over BB any day.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Oh we start looping again?

My guess on the topic: Bloodborne isn't canned, The port is probably done by the party who worked on Horizon and it was bad. So Sony decided that they would rather acquire a PC porting house (ie. Nixxes) to do all the porting work. As the port was bad, Sony couldn't fit it into their original release schedule so they move it to the future. Both PS5 and PC version will be announced at the same time, likely coming after Uncharted 4 + LL and God of War.

• Eyes

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Oh we start looping again?

My guess on the topic: Bloodborne isn't canned, The port is probably done by the party who worked on Horizon and it was bad. So Sony decided that they would rather acquire a PC porting house (ie. Nixxes) to do all the porting work. As the port was bad, Sony couldn't fit it into their original release schedule so they move it to the future. Both PS5 and PC version will be announced at the same time, likely coming after Uncharted 4 + LL and God of War.
Also, covid fucked up things a lot, which has been reported by industry people and journalists a shitload of times. I mean, according to the leak, GoW was suppose to release in june or whenever it was this year on PC.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Its crazy to me Sony will put 2 Naughty Dog games on PC before Bloodborne.

I figured ND games would be the last to come if not never come at all.

It could be that Bloodborne is just too difficult to port without From Software helping out or doing the port themselves. Sony did after all just straight up remake Demon Souls with Bluepoint instead of remastering a game that still holds up imo. It was a strange decision.

Maybe FROM will do the port after Elden Ring comes out. There were rumors of a new PS5 FROM exclusive so Sony could just remaster BB in anticipation.

Status
Not open for further replies.