Community MetaSteam | September 2021 - Welcome to Punxsutawney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020

Pretty good upcoming Game Pass drop. Subnautica Below Zero, Aragami 2 and Astria Ascending seem to be the highlights.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Well, this was a productive day !

Man, I should push to finish Control before starting another game (would be the third with Psychonauts 2, a little high).
Hey the replacement for Sync & Restore is available. About time, motherfuckers, it’s been installed on my mom’s PC for a week.
Checking backup, estimated time 2h
Mmh, I already hit 82c CPU in Control, let’s not add even the slightest process to that.
2 hours pass, I can now play Control !

I’m not in the mood anymore, gonna take a nap, bye.

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018

Pretty good upcoming Game Pass drop. Subnautica Below Zero, Aragami 2 and Astria Ascending seem to be the highlights.
Oooh, Unsighted is almost here. That demo was very promising. I'm definitely going to play Flynn, Sable and Unsighted. Lovely month.

Also, you GP folks got me back on that MS Rewards (1 minute) grind. I guess I'm definitely never paying for GP.

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018

Oooh I’d definitely take Aragami 2

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
You can
I've been adding my own cores from this site and manually updating when needed
Oh, I know that it's possible to manually add more cores, I am well aware of that. I meant that they will hopefully have more cores as DLC available on Steam directly. Ideally PPSSPP, as I plan to play through the Persona games on my Deck when it releases. It would be even nicer if I wouldn't have to go into Desktop mode on the Deck to get cores working.
Not something that's absolutely necessary, but would be really nice to have more cores directly as part of the Steam release.

Reactions: Tomasety

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
Is Aragami 1 good ?
It’s fairly solid, but rough around the edges but it does its Tenchu-like stealth fairly well and it’s not exactly a saturated genre these days
Plot was a complete non event but not a big deal for a game like this
Was about a 7/10 for me

forgive the lack of detail but it’s been a while since I played it 😅

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
Completely missed that sable was on Gamepass. Will definitely be checking it out.

Also, Grand Cathay reveal for Total Warhammer 3.

Last edited:
Reactions: QFNS

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
Finally. Hope they can add more cores to the Steam version too. I understand there will never be parity with the non-Steam version, due to licensing issues, but the current selection is pretty limited.
You can, it's just missing the online updater, so you will need to update them manually.
Oh, I know that it's possible to manually add more cores, I am well aware of that. I meant that they will hopefully have more cores as DLC available on Steam directly. Ideally PPSSPP, as I plan to play through the Persona games on my Deck when it releases. It would be even nicer if I wouldn't have to go into Desktop mode on the Deck to get cores working.
Not something that's absolutely necessary, but would be really nice to have more cores directly as part of the Steam release.
You should be able to SSH/SFTP to deck from your desktop/mobile and just put the files where they are needed, that's how I've been adding stuff to my Win 2.

Dec 5, 2018
I was thinking that a few days ago I mentioned in the Epic(?) thread that it wouldn't hurt the games industry to be a less secretive. And now we've had a huge database leak. And it's only a leak because of the excessive secretiveness.

I get why companies don't show stuff till the end but it wouldn't hurt to be a bit more open of what's going on.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
I was thinking that a few days ago I mentioned in the Epic(?) thread that it wouldn't hurt the games industry to be a less secretive. And now we've had a huge database leak. And it's only a leak because of the excessive secretiveness.

I get why companies don't show stuff till the end but it wouldn't hurt to be a bit more open of what's going on.
Publicly traded companies dont want to reveal business secrets for fear of the impact from investors or rivals. Could be harmful to their bottom line.

kafiend

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018

I dislike secrecy a lot but people in general are far too stupid to deal responsibly with maybes and possibilities. Doubly so with things that might happen years in the future.

thistestnow

*doom noises*
Feb 16, 2021
Deathloop suffers from the same stutter issues that I saw everywhere with Dishonored 2.
I'm still convinced this "Void Engine" that is used is garbage.

• Eyes

fspm

MetaMember
Nov 1, 2018
And when you get stuttering and looping audio you'll just assume it's a death loop.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020

Atlus isn't done with Persona 5 just yet. This might mean a new spinoff, PC port or something else like a Royal anime. Also it likely means the hypothetical P6 announcement probably won't happen until next fall.

Last edited:

actual_norwegian_guy

Rebranded...
Apr 15, 2021

Atlus isn't done with Persona 5 just yet. This might mean a new spinoff, PC port or something else like a Royal anime. Also it also means the hypothetical P6 announcement probably won't happen until next fall.
i'd lean toward a new spinoff
the p-ch site has gotten jsons updated recently, one of them being for game lineups, and well, when P4G got ported, it had like minimal changes to the p-ch site, i'd say maybe a entirely new game for that lineup

Reactions: QFNS and Arc

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018

Atlus isn't done with Persona 5 just yet. This might mean a new spinoff, PC port or something else like a Royal anime. Also it likely means the hypothetical P6 announcement probably won't happen until next fall.
If I had to guess, I'm inclined to think port as it's the easiest outcome but as actual_norwegian_guy said, a Spin-off is a likely outcome too.

hersheyfan

South Sea Islander
Jul 17, 2021
Manila, Philippines
steamcommunity.com
i'd lean toward a new spinoff
the p-ch site has gotten jsons updated recently, one of them being for game lineups, and well, when P4G got ported, it had like minimal changes to the p-ch site, i'd say maybe a entirely new game for that lineup
Agreed. I'm hoping for P5A at last, seeing the Persona 5 gang in the new ArcSys engine would be mindblowing!

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Atlus does what Atlus does, and post-release porting really is uncommon for them. More common now than it was five years ago, but still very uncommon, and they don't make as big a big deal about ports as they've got new products to sell to the same old fans on PlayStation.

I'm betting a cross-platform spinoff yet again. All these 25th anniversary announcements will be products primarily to sell to the Japanese fanbase on PlayStation.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
I remember that free tool which could summarize Steam reviews. It is not free anymore. :evilblob:

Of course not. Make it free, get people using it and giving feedback, improve it, get bugfixes, interface, polish and results sorted then shut the doors and charge for it. even more so if people in industry are using it.

• Evil
Reactions: Tomasety and Wok

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019

The person behind Persona Central made an ass out of themselves with their supposed P5 for Switch leak, I'd take everything they post with a mountain of salt.

• Sad
Reactions: Arc

fearthedawn

Apr 19, 2019
Deathloop suffers from the same stutter issues that I saw everywhere with Dishonored 2.
I'm still convinced this "Void Engine" that is used is garbage.
Might only help with some systems but testing on mine made me a believer in locked 60fps for Deathloop. Its just 60fps but it's decent with only the occasional hitching between areas many games deal with. FPS values 61 to 119 look more like 20-30fps with the constant stuttering and are hard to play. 120fps is fine again but i don't know what your pc needs to be to run that everywhere, i can't reach 100 in the most taxing areas.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
This one got announced too early and this one was in the GFN leak.

• Eyes

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
My only real compliant with Deathloop is I am not seeing how it saves mid run. I understand they probably do not want save scumming, but I sometimes only have short play windows these days. :disappointed-face:

I just started to get a issue that I hope is a one-off, but the game freezes for a second and drops all frames, then returns to normal. It only happens occasionally, but seems weird.

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
Yeah... Deathloop mouse control doesn't feel that great over here, even locking at 60 fps. The difference with other games at similar framerates is massive for me.

The smart thing to do would be to wait for a patch... but Arkane isn't exactly known for making the most "smooth" games... and kinda want to play it now :p

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
So I purchased Tales of Arise via Humble when it was still a pre-order there (even though the game was already out for a few hours, I think – but it was definitely still billed as pre-order, and advertised the pre-order bonus stuff).
However, they sent me a post-release key, without the preorder goodies (which includes a pretty neat costume). I checked all various options if I missed something, but eventually figured they mustve sent me a wrong key containing only the game, and that I should contact support. I did, and they sent me a new key so quickly, I was seriously surprised.

After I sent the support ticket, I continued to see if I had missed anything, and had the purchase page open and saw an unredeemed key and thought, confused, "hey, did I miss this somehow?" and tried it out, only to find that was already the replacement key. They seriously were super fast. Like 10 minutes fast. Kudos to Humble Support. :)

Valdien

✵ Chaos! ✵
Mar 26, 2020
Toronto
My only real compliant with Deathloop is I am not seeing how it saves mid run. I understand they probably do not want save scumming, but I sometimes only have short play windows these days. :disappointed-face:

I just started to get a issue that I hope is a one-off, but the game freezes for a second and drops all frames, then returns to normal. It only happens occasionally, but seems weird.
I feel ya. I wish there was a way to save manually, even if it were some sort of saving station inside the game. I started my first loop after the tutorial last night, and the game crashed right after I entered the code. Knowing the Void Engine, it'll no doubt crash a lot. :disappointed-face:

Edit: Hmm, this looks cool. :blobeyes:

Last edited:

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
Hmmm, tried to run the Xbox app, it froze. Rebooted and it started fine, but I noticed that the icon in the Start Menu is now the icon of Irfanview (which is a normal win32 program), but with a green background.

Deleted the icon cache, reseted and reinstalled the app. It's still there.

I'm guessing this isn't a good sign about the health of the Windows Apps system..... at least the icon the Taskbar is still the right one.

And yes, this stupid little thing is going to really bother me :p

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Finished Yakuza 5. Almost done with my mission to play through the whole series in order.
Looking forward to Yakuza 6 since this will be my first time playing it but I'm also dreading it because I'm not ready to say goodbye to Kiryu and Haruka.

Now I need to wrap up Cold Steel 4 which like the previous games feels like it goes on for way too long.

Played a bit of Tales of Arise, I think I'm gonna like this one.

Also playing Quake as a palate cleanser between all these RPGs.

• Eyes

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Looking to upgrade my monitor in the near future so I've started shopping around. I figured all I needed was g-sync, high refresh rate and 1440p but I think I just sold myself on ultrawide... and holy fuck are those expensive lol.

• Sad
Status
Not open for further replies.