Community MetaSteam September 2022 | You were expecting Kingdom Hearts, but it’s me Dio(field)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
How close are browns to red? Because red send to be out of stock.

Ducky does have an Alice in wonderland themed board like my busted one tho...
Browns have a tactile feedback, so it's a bit harder to press, but you also "feel" the switch more. Is there any shop near you where you maybe try them out before buying? I think Taiwan should have a few stores from Ducky themselves.

As I said, as long you buy a board with "hot-swappable" sockets, you can easily try out new switches anytime you like. Just need to remove the keycaps and pull them out (about 5 minutes of work, less if you are quick about it).

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

r3n4ud

Dr. Boom Boom
Oct 17, 2018

Street Cleaning Simulator is very real, and for the time it was released, very good.

Never showed up on Steam but I remember getting a digital copy from simMarket.

It shows its age at this point, but I remember the gameplay loop being super relaxing (obviously). With just enough nuts & bolts vehicle operations to keep it from being completely brain-dead.

I think GameSpot famously gave it at 1.5 out of 10, but I remember getting a solid couple-dozen hours of enjoyment out of it myself back in the day.
Oh man, if only they released it on steam I'd be one step closer to complete fulfillment :confounded-face:

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
Browns have a tactile feedback, so it's a bit harder to press, but you also "feel" the switch more. Is there any shop near you where you maybe try them out before buying? I think Taiwan should have a few stores from Ducky themselves.

As I said, as long you buy a board with "hot-swappable" sockets, you can easily try out new switches anytime you like. Just need to remove the keycaps and pull them out (about 5 minutes of work, less if you are quick about it).
The only place I found near me that has Ducky is like 37m motorcycle ride heh.

• Eyes

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
It's not know, but looking at how Nioh went I expect the Steam release to coincide with a Complete Edition release, and there is still one unannounced DLC coming up. I wouldn't expect SoP on Steam until at least March 2023
Right. I forgot this is technically a KT game. You might be right although this is a different situation from Nioh since a PC version already exists. Hopefully KT's involvement means we won't have to deal with the typical S-E unpredictability for once and the game will just show up on Steam as soon as it can. But S-E is still the publisher so who knows... :shrugblob:

fearthedawn

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
Largely agree, but would also add killing off community servers. Edit: Though I suppose he could mean that by his statement, "keeping players from interacting"

Playing games like Unreal Tournament or Team Fortress 2 on the same community servers, where you could start to know regulars, chat about things outside of just the game, and get better against each other. There really is little like it these days. Toxicity was always there, and in some ways worse, like slurs and the like, but now toxicity has definitely been given a focal point like the sun through a magnifying glass with the presence of ranked modes and SBMM.
With the good community servers where i was willing to sit in a waiting line for half an hour just to play on one you had an admin for every ~10 players and when things got out of hand bans are flying, 90%+ of playtime was in a friendly atmosphere getting to know other folks because of it.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
I think removing community servers was a mistake and exacerbated the toxicity. You can go all in with the toxicity because there's a good chance you'll never be paired up with the same group of people again. If someone acted stupid on the server they would be banned instantly.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
With the phrase "hunting game", I assume it's a Monster Hunter knockoff. More competition in the genre is always appreciated, but those games never feel quite right compared to MH.
KT already has one but I'm guessing that they plan to build on top of it. Stuff like Nioh came after those games and they might add some of that combat into the game.

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
Is anybody else's steam client bugging out? Says I have downloads, nothing is there. Portion of the download screen is staying at the top even if I go to store/library/friends...

• Eyes

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
With the phrase "hunting game", I assume it's a Monster Hunter knockoff. More competition in the genre is always appreciated, but those games never feel quite right compared to MH.
It would certainly be weird to see EA use that kind of collaboration to enter the Cabela-style of hunting sims, but you know what? I'd be down for a take of what Koei Tecmo can do against Bambi and Thumper

Last edited:

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Nippon: wow the Steam Deck is American size.

Valve: so you want us to make it even bigger? Sure okay.

Maybe there will eventually be a Steam Deck Slim.

By the way original the OG Xbox "Duke" controller was going to be smaller, how ever the company that they wanted to make the controller already had a deal with Sony for the PS2 controller and they were not going to burn bridges.

Eventually Xbox was able to get the size down though.
Will Valve start caring about VNs now? They should
It's strange seeing how they banned of Spike Chunsofts games but yet they are using one of their games (published titles) to show off the Steam Deck in Japan at TGS.

By the way it does look like Valve will be having YouTubers and other people physical there at the booth and having them help with a broadcast (at least for the first day when it's just business people and not the general public) in order to get an interest for the people coming the following days.

Those broadcast should be up by September 14, Wednesday at 7PM PST.

There best approach to VNs should just be that they look to Sony and Nintendo. If either of them is willing to accept the game, then they should as well.

Put the issue with Valve is how not all of their departments work together and do their own things.

Last edited:

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020
So I’m guessing that EA saw the success of the last couple MH games and thought the genre would be good for their GaaS ambitions, and decided that funding an existing Japanese studio with some prior experience in the subgenre would be more cost-effective than seeking out or building a new studio. Still surprised that it’s an EA Original, given that that branding has only really been used for indie games until now, and that that seems to imply that KT retains ownership of the IP, if I’m not mistaken.

ZKenir

MetaMember
May 10, 2019
So bravely default 2 is exactly what I needed, it's very chill, the jobs are just like in the previous two titles which means you can do some fun combo and even at the highest difficulty the game doesn't really seem to be terribly hard.
Some of the english voice acting is a bit weird but I'm used to playing this series in english so i'll stick with that even if it's a bit low quality.

On a side note steam seems to be drunk it's telling me there's a firmware update for the dualsense but it's already updated so huh...

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Finished my first game on the deck, Great Ace Attorney Chronicles. Plays great on the deck although the port has power consumption issues (that were fixed by mods). Great twists at the final few chapters but the two games are just too darn long. I also prefer the mythological elements in the mainline games but this one is really good in its own way. Very enjoyable. Now I have finally completed every single game in the Ace Attorney series. Hopefully Capcom will finally announce something new instead of just releasing collections, in spite of the fact that I will still buy and replay them in the future.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Finished my first game on the deck, Great Ace Attorney Chronicles. Plays great on the deck although the port has power consumption issues (that were fixed by mods). Great twists at the final few chapters but the two games are just too darn long. I also prefer the mythological elements in the mainline games but this one is really good in its own way. Very enjoyable. Now I have finally completed every single game in the Ace Attorney series. Hopefully Capcom will finally announce something new instead of just releasing collections, in spite of the fact that I will still buy and replay them in the future.
I kinda hope they release a second collection featuring the Ace Attorney games after the first three: Apollo Justice, and the two recent ones, Spirits of Justice and Dual Destinies. Would love to revisit Apollo Justice, the thematically strongest game in the series to me, and while the two most recent AAs aren't really quite as good, they were still pretty fun to play.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
I kinda hope they release a second collection featuring the Ace Attorney games after the first three: Apollo Justice, and the two recent ones, Spirits of Justice and Dual Destinies. Would love to revisit Apollo Justice, the thematically strongest game in the series to me, and while the two most recent AAs aren't really quite as good, they were still pretty fun to play.
That's very interesting to hear because generally Apollo Justice was considered the weakest mainline game among fans. But I like it more than Dual Destinies. The final chapter was a very interesting take. On the other hand, Spirit of Justice is one of my favorite AA games ever. The sentiment, theme and twists in the stories really resonates with me.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
  • Eyes
Status
Not open for further replies.