Community MetaSteam September 2022 | You were expecting Kingdom Hearts, but it’s me Dio(field)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
I'm on similar boat, at this point I don't see a reason to mantain my consoles. I'm not sure to sell all three of them or just keep one, and in case of keep one, which one XDD (PS5|SeriesX|Switch). It's been a lot of months since I nearly didn't played on consoles and all my gaming sessions have been on PC (and now mostly on Deck). And all games soon or later are getting Steam release. I'm a sea of doubts right now.
I think Series X is the easiest one to get rid of, unless you use the 360 backwards compatibility a lot.

PS5 has some exclusives, but most if not all of them will make their way to PC eventually. For me, Persona 5 Royal was when the dam breached, but I was at least hanging on to play some games. Since Lost Judgment is on PC now I can sell my PS5, use the money I get to buy the Judgment games on Steam, and then squirrel away the rest into savings or something.

I've had my PS5 for about a year now and I've played 3 games on it: Persona 5 Royal, Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart (awesome game, hope it comes to PC) and Judgment. Other than that it's been a paperweight.

Switch is probably the best of the three consoles from a PC gamer's perspective. The portable-to-TV ethos also matches up with owning a PC and a Steam Deck so you can get the same experience from Switch as you can PC+Steam Deck, which none of the other consoles offer.

About the only edge consoles have over PC is if you're a fan of physical games. But I can't justify having all that plastic shit in my flat anymore so I'm 100% digital regardless of platform.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Whatever happened to that driving game that was a horror/thriller and involved someone chasing you in an open world? I think it was done by one person or a small group of people and the developer posted on NeoGAF/ResetERA years ago.
Choo-Choo Charles ?

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Whatever happened to that driving game that was a horror/thriller and involved someone chasing you in an open world? I think it was done by one person or a small group of people and the developer posted on NeoGAF/ResetERA years ago.
BEWARE? Still in development, probably. But seems to be going very slowly (last post on their patreon was in April)

Censored

I didn't delete that post!. Get my post back!.
Oct 8, 2021
I think Series X is the easiest one to get rid of, unless you use the 360 backwards compatibility a lot.

PS5 has some exclusives, but most if not all of them will make their way to PC eventually. For me, Persona 5 Royal was when the dam breached, but I was at least hanging on to play some games. Since Lost Judgment is on PC now I can sell my PS5, use the money I get to buy the Judgment games on Steam, and then squirrel away the rest into savings or something.

I've had my PS5 for about a year now and I've played 3 games on it: Persona 5 Royal, Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart (awesome game, hope it comes to PC) and Judgment. Other than that it's been a paperweight.

Switch is probably the best of the three consoles from a PC gamer's perspective. The portable-to-TV ethos also matches up with owning a PC and a Steam Deck so you can get the same experience from Switch as you can PC+Steam Deck, which none of the other consoles offer.

About the only edge consoles have over PC is if you're a fan of physical games. But I can't justify having all that plastic shit in my flat anymore so I'm 100% digital regardless of platform.
You pointed some of my problems. I've been using Series X mainly as a BC console.
Series X | PS5 | Switch digital collection
I don't buy physical games since half PS3 lifespan, so if I don't sell the accounts I only will earn some money from the consoles but well not spend money on feed them is a nice thing too. xD
On PS5 even with this amount of games I mostly played Demon's Souls remake and just few more.
About Switch you said some big games emulation isn't good enough that's totally right, but in my case I use switch to play mainly VNs and all of them are emulated right, and some big games doesn't even play well on switch, but that said I'd be sad not being able to play some announced games. (I want those two Chaos:Child games, but them will be greatly emulated for sure).

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
Finished GotG. Had a great time with it, what a fantastic game.
Legitimately one of the biggest surprises of last year. On paper I have zero interest on everything the game offers, yet I really enjoyed almost everything about it. The combat definitely overstayed its welcome and the huddle mechanic was wonky, but loved everything else, the character banter was top tier.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
You pointed some of my problems. I've been using Series X mainly as a BC console.
Series X | PS5 | Switch digital collection
I don't buy physical games since half PS3 lifespan, so if I don't sell the accounts I only will earn some money from the consoles but well not spend money on feed them is a nice thing too. xD
On PS5 even with this amount of games I mostly played Demon's Souls remake and just few more.
About Switch you said some big games emulation isn't good enough that's totally right, but in my case I use switch to play mainly VNs and all of them are emulated right, and some big games doesn't even play well on switch, but that said I'd be sad not being able to play some announced games. (I want those two Chaos:Child games, but them will be greatly emulated for sure).
Those closed platforms definitely have you by the balls.

By the time I got Switch, Series S and PS5, I was far and away completely entrenched in PC, so giving up those systems is comparatively easy for me.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
------
About Deskjob. I'm guessing that it won't be played much since it's not obvious that it's portal related and it's not that well known in Japan for non Steam people.

So it seems that the two most interesting things to visit at the TGS event are the PSVR2 and Steam Deck.

Bruhhhhhh

It looks like they will have the creator of Fairy tail there trying out the Steam Deck

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I'm guessing that the game runs a lot more smoothly but in the stream it does seem to be laggy. I'm guessing that has to do with how Hiro is streaming from his own house.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
------
Lawrence confirmed that they have 600 Steam Decks at the event. They have 130 or so at any one given time and they swap them out and recharge them in rotations.
----+-

The ACSII person is much more technical compared to everyone else and is going over how you can upgrade the fix, being able to fix things yourself and stuff like that. Talking about DRM stuff.

The Forspoken stream didn't show gameplay and for Hiro, he played SF5 and shows some games in the store and that was about it.

OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
The Forspoken stream didn't show gameplay and for Hiro, he played SF5 and shows some games in the store and that was about it.
Actually, it was there where the Minecraft and Genshin Impact assets appeared lol

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Good Lord I wake up and google the apparently nice streamer Starbitzy. Feeling were felt. Don’t do this to me, Meta. Beautiful and weeb.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
We need a "confused" emoji we can like with, so I can put it on Li Kao s post.
What’s confusing ? I was afraid to be considered too ‘male gaze’ but not confusing.
Thinking about it, it must be the lack of context, something I regularly lament myself, so sorry.

Starbitzy is the name of the streamer who did the first video PC-tan linked.

hersheyfan

South Sea Islander
Jul 17, 2021
Manila, Philippines
steamcommunity.com
God the art for Suikoden II is still so good. Whelp this is an automatic day 1 for me. Literally one of my white whales for PC.

I can't believe they are finally doing it.
Same! I'd pay nearly anything for an enhanced copy of Suikoden I and 2 on Steam (and I may have to, given that it's Konami).

But fuck it, its Suikoden I and II! I'm buying this as soon as they decide to accept my money. :blobdrool:

Status
Not open for further replies.