Community MetaSteam September 2022 | You were expecting Kingdom Hearts, but it’s me Dio(field)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
$899 for 4080 12 GB
$1199 for 4080 16 GB
$1599 for 4090
And the 4080 12GB has significantly lower specs than the 16GB version, the difference is bigger than 3080 vs 3080 Ti.
Probably was gonna be the 4070 originally, but I guess they wanted to make it more expensive.
4080 16GB -> 9728 CUDA cores, 720GB/s memory bandwidth, 320W TGP
4080 12GB -> 7680 CUDA cores, 504GB/s memory bandwidth, 285W TGP

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Hm, I have Raw Fury set to "ignored" on Steam, but I can't remember why. They must have done something really annoying. Anyone remember any shenanigans from them? Egregious Epic deals maybe? Wish I could remember.
I had them blocked for almost two years as well. Their community manager was a real jerk on Twitter against people complaining about the Atomicrops EGS exclusivity. I don't think the company made any other exclusivity deals afterwards tho, so I unblocked them. Raw Fury has been publishing some great indie games lately.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
My head canon is that nvidia still built these cards with crypto in mind (they will pay any price!) and now they're gonna get fucked because GPUs are useless for crypto.

Steam Deck save us.
Hmh I added a new debit card to steam and valve took one euro from me, will they give it back?
Yes, it's a check to see if the account is valid.

sprinkles

Dec 8, 2018
The 12GB 4080 is pretty much a different, lower spec card. Nvidia thinks consumers are stupid. Oh, and those Euro prices....

Reactions: Tomasety

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
I regretted my 3080 purchase for like 5 mins until I realized those prices are in USD. Converted to CAD, the new cards will be way more than I paid 2 months ago. I made the right call lol. I just hope all this new stuff they announced won't be exclusive to the RTX 40 series...

• Eyes

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Pricey. If the $ was the € price it would be a little though, but given the conversion used these days...

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I have whatever money the 4080 16 gb card will require, question now is availability and how long my current gtx 1080 can go.

Gonna depend on PC specs for games like Starfield and Returnal, I think.

• Eyes

sprinkles

Dec 8, 2018
Thinking about bying a used 3080 to replace my 2070. I just can't justify spending above 1000€ on a GPU.
But my gaming habits changed so much with the Steam Deck (last game I finished on the main PC was Ghostwire Tokyo half a year ago). So maybe I just use the budget on a new OLED.

• Eyes

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
RTX 4090 1.999,00 €
RTX 4080 (16GB) 1.509,00 €
RTX 4080 (12GB) 1.129,00 €

lol, I hope inflation kills this company.

And apparently DLSS3 is only for the new GPUs.
According to the spanish nvidia website, it's 1959€, 1469€ and 1099€, which are still completely absurd prices.

How much VRAM does 4070 have?
Right now a "4070" wasn't announced, instead it was announced 16GB and 12GB versions of the 4080, but the 12GB version is pretty much what the 4070 should have been in everything except price and name.
So basically NVidia named the 4070 as 4080 12GB so they could have an excuse to make it expensive.

Reactions: Tomasety and Satori

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Ahahaha before I pay 1000€ for a fucking gpu ima just gonna drop out of videogames entirely

The 3070 I have was already more expensive than I would have liked but given that my old gpu had died I was willing to pay for it once especially with how rarely they are available

Anything above that tho lmfao, like lmfao lmfao, not even talking about how a lot of people have a lot less money to begin with, given the massive inflation and energy crisis in a lot places rn

sprinkles

Dec 8, 2018
Nvidia (just like Sony a few weeks ago) did not get the memo that while the Euro might has dropped to Dollar parity, our wages most certainly did not raise to make up the gap - this is even ignoring the high inflation and people spending on other stuff rather than electronics after the pandemic.

dfghstrbght

May 10, 2019
when the time comes to upgrade I'll probably get a Steam Deck 2 or 3 and be done with it because I am still angry at Nvidia and AMD for basically destroying the 200€ GPU market. Maybe I'll change my mind eventually after I have cooled off but if Steam Deck becomes a regular thing I can honestly see myself leaving the desktop market behind.
it's mostly what I'll be doing, when it'll be time to say goodbye to my 2080ti desktop I'll just go with a sub €1k prebuilt + steam deck, given what I play I don't really need all that power anyway plus that single AAA game I play evey year can be played with toned down graphics

KingKrouch

Dec 14, 2021
Portal RTX and the RTX Remix software suite that NVIDIA announced is really cool (Can't emphasize this enough). But honestly, the pricing of the 40 series of NVIDIA GPUs is baffling to me. They've basically doubled or tripled MSRP in a few cases, and probably threw power consumption out the window (similar to what Intel has done with their CPUs).

Their GPU control panel on Windows is one of the few things I've seen that don't use Chromium as a framework and still somehow is slower than any web app that I've ever seen, and all of their GPU software (GeForce Experience, NVCP, RTX Broadcast/Voice) are fragmented into many pieces of software that you have to download separately (And still aren't available in winget). GeForce Experience still lacks a RAM buffer feature for instant replays (So you either have to use RAMDisk software for the temporary files, or risk constantly writing data to your SSD and wearing it out if you leave it on). This is even before getting to their Linux driver support, which in XOrg is finnicky at best, and in Wayland (or more accurately XWayland) is a walking photosensitivity hazard at worst. And news on NVIDIA improving their Linux drivers further has been dead silent since the DKMS module got open sourced. Can't say I've had any of those problems since I switched away from NVIDIA (Ended up selling my 3070), and the competition actually has options to disable telemetry alongside an error reporting tool for reporting issues with their drivers.

Unsure if the frame interpolation stuff that NVIDIA is teasing with DLSS 3.0 is going to come at a cost of input latency, or if it's going to behave similarly to something like SVP, but generally, it's wise to disable that stuff on TVs when hooking up a game system due to input lag. Frame interpolation is interesting from a framepacing perspective, if your display doesn't support VRR.

I still think that NVIDIA hasn't released a fantastic budget GPU that actually matches with console performance since the GTX 750Ti and 1050Ti (If you game at 1080p, and not 1440p/4K) respectively. The 1650 had extremely divisive reviews at launch, but they sold like hotcakes during the pandemic (and put into an obscene amount of prebuilt systems), despite lacking DirectStorage support or enough VRAM for them to not age like milk.

Man, this kind of stuff really has me hoping that AMD straightens up their GPU act by marketing at sane/competitive prices and having good jump in RT performance. That and for Intel to make some good moves with their Arc GPUs.

Reason: Elaborated a bit further on the DLSS Interpolation stuff.
Last edited:

Eternia

Feb 28, 2022
With these NVidia news, AMD has the potential to pull off the Radeon HD 4000 series vs Geforce GTX 200 series again.
The Radeon HD 4000 cards had competitive performance, lower power consumption and far lower price than the NVidia cards and it ended resulting in NVidia severely lowering their prices in just 3 months. xD
I'll believe it when it actually happens. AMD hasn't been exactly been budget friendly lately. They're either making terrible low priced products or outright ignoring certain tiers these days. Initial AM5 motherboard pricing so far is a huge jump from last generation.

The insane thing is AMD charging slightly higher premium over Ampere MSRP could be considered "good" compared to Nvidia.

Ibuki

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
I’ve been busy at work but I saw those NVIDIA prices. What the fuck are they smoking? Wasn’t the 3080 FE like $699? This jump is absolutely insane. Looks like I’ll be sticking with my 3080 for a while.

The DLSS 3.0 exclusivity is disgusting. You can fuck right off with that one.

Censored

I didn't delete that post!. Get my post back!.
Oct 8, 2021
$899 for 4080 12 GB
$1199 for 4080 16 GB
$1599 for 4090

RTX 4090 por 1.959 €
RTX 4080 16GB por 1.470 €
RTX 4080 12GB por 1.099 €

for Europe.

There is a PS Vita emulator, but it is still very early in development and it can only launch very few games at a low framerate if that's what you're asking.
I hope that PSVita emu improves because at this point is unplayable (Killzone Mercenary was another great game too) but well I'm more interested in Switch port to play it on PC vita yuzu or ryujinx.
Thanks for the info.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.