Community MetaSteam September 2022 | You were expecting Kingdom Hearts, but it’s me Dio(field)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ganado

¡Detrás de tí, imbécil!
Nov 6, 2018
I've waited a long time for this but IT'S TRAILS FROM ZERO DAY!!! :blobeyes:

Also really glad I thought to check Fanatical this time. No tax + a 15% off coupon. :steam_pigblanket:

edit: Durante I have no idea if this is something you have control over (all I know is there was a flag for it on SteamDB) and it's completely inconsequential tbh but any chance you can do something about the sorting order here?

It might be a icky situation since it's divided over NISA and XSEED..

Reactions: QFNS and Tomasety

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
It might be a icky situation since it's divided over NISA and XSEED..
Well if it's something that can be controlled (and since Lost Judgment shows up immediately after Judgment, I'm assuming it is just doubled checked and I was wrong about this, it just coincidentally looked that way because of the way my categories are set lmao), then Zero could probably just be forced to slot in-between them or something. But like I said, not a big deal. It's just a small pet peeve of mine so I thought I'd take the opportunity to bring it up since Durante is a member here.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
HEY EVERYONE!!!

you know what time it is ;)

Time for a return to our usual streams. We're going to go with Prodeus as the next game we play through and use it as a nice lead in to the Fall/Halloween season. There's a bunch of horror or spooky games that I have planned for next month and I'm not sure we'll get through all of them, but we're certainly going to try! One is a game that I regret never finishing and should make for a perfect game to stream around Halloween. Let's just say it involves aliens.. or an alien, I suppose. :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye:

Also I don't believe I've thanked everyone on the forum yet and I really should have. Thank you so much to everyone that stopped by during the charity stream, it meant a lot. And for those that might have missed the end I can happily say we did reach our goal!

It turned what was already a pretty good birthday into a great one. :cat-heart-blob:

sanhora

Baldr Sky
Dec 7, 2018
I swore I wouldn't touch one single gacha game ever again after it was shut down, and the promise is still being kept to this day.
This is basically me and FGO.
The day it gets shut down I'm going to be done with all gacha for good, although that probably won't happen anytime soon, unless Nasu himself decides to go nuclear.

Strong start for Trails.
#5 globally now.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Happy Trails from Zero release day, everyone!

Please feel free to join us in the OT for more in-depth discussion. :flare_switch:

OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
MetaSteam October 2022 | Here's Persona now shut up about it
MetaSteam October 2022 | Modern Warfare, same old game
MetaSteam October 2022 | The true Bad Rats
MetaSteam October 2022 | Touchdown for Steam!
MetaSteam October 2022 | The phantom thieves will take the tusk of Ganesh, Captain Price!

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Kena feels like a 2000s Xbox game or something. Nice fast loading engine, I was almost surprised there was no prolonged boot up/loading. Great art assets. Good concept. Token gimmick attempt with the rot. Not quite as great execution and some more amateur aspects like the menus, hud, some controls. It's neat. It runs maxed at 30fps, some slight stuttering here and there during new asset caching and what not, so that's pretty good for my aging PC, it seems optimized.

Last edited:

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California

I guess I'm acclimated to Steam's UI after using for years, but I can see how newbies would be confused. :shrugblob:

For what it's worth, the Steam Deck UI is great and is just as good as any console UI.
The Steam Deck UI has to do with Lawrence from what I recall (he does UX stuff) I'm guessing that when he was at Apple he was also doing some UX stuff?

It's funny because there does still seem to be some issues there and some of it might be not picking stuff.

Also this post is really something else and has really shown me that people don't give credit to stuff. I saw Tyler post this exact same image, how ever he didn't even mention the reddit post at all, or when what I assume was the original post that comes from the Steam subreddit that was submitted months ago.

What ever happened with Tyler?

Does he even talk about Valve much anymore? Or did all those years of "nothing" do him bad and now that Valve is working on stuff and being more public and stuff just left home sour?

You do have some other people that it feels like have followed in his "footsteps" or so to speak, mainly with stuff like Deckard (VR).

This seems to be the original post or it might even be older than this

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
That looks like it's from the Steam PC program the Steam website the steam mobile website the steam mobile app and then the subsequent sub systems within

I mean I get it but my understanding of how stuff works at valve it's a frankenstein of people working on stuff anyways and only kind of looks hideous when you point it out like that so obviously, but I guess that's me

OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
The Steam Deck UI has to do with Lawrence from what I recall (he does UX stuff) I'm guessing that when he was at Apple he was also doing some UX stuff?

It's funny because there does still seem to be some issues there and some of it might be not picking stuff.
MEDIA]
No, while Lawrence is part of the design team (hardware and product design) this has to do more with Alden and others who have been at Valve for longer.
Thing is, Lawrence is at this moment the most visible face of the company (alongside Pierre-Loup and Erik Peterson but yeah, UI changes have been in the making for longer.

Also this post is really something else and has really shown me that people don't give credit to stuff. I saw Tyler post this exact same image, how ever he didn't even mention the reddit post at all, or when what I assume was the original post that comes from the Steam subreddit that was submitted months ago.

What ever happened with Tyler?

Does he even talk about Valve much anymore? Or did all those years of "nothing" do him bad and now that Valve is working on stuff and being more public and stuff just left home sour?

You do have some other people that it feels like have followed in his "footsteps" or so to speak, mainly with stuff like Deckard (VR).
This is what happens when you create nonsensical videos while others upload worthy datamined content (like you said, Brad with Deckard and other VR stuff) so yeah, no wonder why he reacts like this every single time now.

Reactions: Tomasety

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
I shudder to think what some designers might do with Steam, having seen redesigns of websites and programs that mightve looked dated or inconsistent but looked souless, bland and ugly later, but were cheered on by the UI designers who put their own tastes above usability and convenience.

the thing is: it works, and i dont care if there is inconsistency if you collect all design elements from all over the place. and i prefer some colour anyway over "everything looking the same".

(Im actually a designer too and I much prefer adapting design from case to case than using the "one size fits all" method)

Reason: Typos
Last edited:

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
I shudder to think what some designers might do with Steam, having seen redesigns of websites and programs that mightve looked dated or inconsistent but looked souless, bland and ugly later, but were cheered on the UI designers who put their own tastes above usability and convenience.

the thing it: it works, and i dont care if there is inconsistency if you collect all design elements from all over the place. and i prefer some colour anyway over "everything looking the same".

(Im actually a designer too and I much prefer adapting design from case to case than using the "one size fits all" method)
Yeah. I can't think of any redesign of a major website or service that made it better for the user.
  • Mobile layout shit
  • fewer buttons for the "slick look"
  • fewer functions to not overwhelm the user
  • streamlined design to better include ads
  • and so much more

Steam may look like 2000's website, but the people in the 20000's knew their shit.

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019
Anyone play Terra Invicta yet?
I've been skimming impressions and it appears to be super-dense, super-novel, and super-confusing.

Crunchy and creative. It also does not explain itself well and the UI is unintuitive as hell.

Guess this is what Early Access is all about. Ironing out the kinks.

Feels like the tutorial needs some serious attention along with the UI. I look forward to checking back in when they get that stuff sorted out.

kafiend

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
So. Over the last month or so my PC crashed/reset a couple times. No biggie. Today it was crashing regularly with vague display driver errors in the Event Log.
So I did what any reasonable person would do and bought a 3090ti as an upgrade to my 3060 in the short timeframe I had between crashes. Which will be here tommorow.

I moved my PC case which has not been moved in months and as I shifted it sideways the graphics card fell out its slot. At least I know what was causing the crashes. oops.

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
So. Over the last month or so my PC crashed/reset a couple times. No biggie. Today it was crashing regularly with vague display driver errors in the Event Log.
So I did what any reasonable person would do and bought a 3090ti as an upgrade to my 3060 in the short timeframe I had between crashes. Which will be here tommorow.

I moved my PC case which has not been moved in months and as I shifted it sideways the graphics card fell out its slot. At least I know what was causing the crashes. oops.
You monster, your GPU saw you cheating and is leaving.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
Way cooler than what I expected. Interested to learn more about the Karakuri mechanics (a Japanese word usually used in the ancient times, referring to anything that is mechanical) .
It looks more building and trap focused than MH. I hope there's good weapon variety. The trailer showed a long sword, bow and parasol.

My primary concerns are how the game feels and monetization. Monster Hunter is simply first-in-class with satisfying weapon feels and a weighty system. Every MH knockoff I've played feels extremely loose in comparison.

While EA is publishing it, as it is an EA partners game I hope they don't go too crazy with the MTX. My one hope is that they don't have a battle pass and simply have an innate endgame addiction loop ala Qurious crafting in Rise.

Reactions: Tomasety and Cacher
Status
Not open for further replies.