Community MetaSteam | September 2023 - The galaxy awaits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018

• Any and all credit for the concept of these threads goes to the amazing MRORANGE!
  • Glad to have you back, lashman, huge hugs.

Big thanks for taking part in those monthly threads!
Huge hugs for all of you there.

Starfield

In Starfield the most important story is the one you tell with your character. Start your journey by customizing your appearance and deciding your Background and Traits. Will you be an experienced explorer, a charming diplomat, a stealthy cyber runner, or something else entirely? The choice is yours. Decide who you will be and what you will become.

Venture through the stars and explore more than 1000 planets. Navigate bustling cities, explore dangerous bases, and traverse wild landscapes. Meet and recruit a memorable cast of characters, join in the adventures of various factions, and embark on quests across the Settled Systems. A new story or experience is always waiting to be discovered.

Pilot and command the ship of your dreams. Personalize the look of your ship, modify critical systems including weapons and shields, and assign crew members to provide unique bonuses. In deep space you will engage in high-stakes dogfights, encounter random missions, dock at star stations, and even board and commandeer enemy ships to add to your collection.

Explore planets and discover the fauna, flora, and resources needed to craft everything from medicine and food to equipment and weapons. Build outposts and hire a crew to passively extract materials and establish cargo links to transfer resources between them. Invest these raw materials into research projects to unlock unique crafting recipes.

Space can be a dangerous place. A refined combat system gives you the tools to deal with any situation. Whether you prefer long-range rifles, laser weapons, or demolitions, each weapon type can be modified to complement your playstyle. Zero G environments add a chaotic spectacle to combat, while boost packs give players freedom to maneuver like never before.

Infinity Strash: DRAGON QUEST The Adventure of Dai

The legendary DRAGON QUEST The Adventure of Dai manga and anime arrives as an exhilarating action RPG!

Relive the events of the anime in INFINITY STRASH as you take charge of Dai and the Disciples of Avan in their battle against the Dark Army!

Bond Memories: These items recreate iconic scenes from the original manga. Earn and equip them to augment your abilities according to your playstyle.

Temple of Recollection: Play through over 100 room combinations in the endless dungeon, where monsters and traps change each time you enter.
Hack and slash through hordes of enemies to reach the final floor.

Chants of Sennaar

Unveil mysteries behind the fragments of the past

Divided since the dawn of time, the Peoples of the Tower no longer speak to each other. But it is said that one day, a Traveler will find the wisdom to break down the walls and restore the Balance. Explore and discover an enthralling world in a colorful, poetic setting inspired by the myth of Babel, where men have forgotten their past. Travel the endless steps of a prodigious labyrinth, uncover an ominous truth and unveil the mysteries of this fascinating universe where ancient languages are both the lock and the key.

Embark on a captivating journey with ancient languages to decipher

Explore a beautiful, fascinating world with a strong narrative inspired by the myth of Babel
• Observe your environment and solve puzzles to unravel the mysteries around you
Use stealth and cunning to outwit the Guardians and cross the forbidden zones
Decipher ancient languages to restore the connections between the Peoples of the Tower

Wandering Sword

As you explore the lands, you will discover hundreds of martial arts forms and weapons to master and wield. You will learn how to cultivate your energy through meridian points and become an expert of both the external and internal forms to gain true mastery of martial prowess.

Combat is conducted on a tiled board and a unique point is that it allows gamers to switch between turn-based mode or real-time mode during combat. The turn-based mode will suit gamers who prefer the traditional way of playing slower paced RPGs while the real-time mode will appeal to players who like to think on their feet and dish out attacks as quickly as their fingers can move.

In Wandering Sword, you can build relationships with NPCs through interacting with them. You can even recruit some of them to join your adventures and share their martial arts and weapons with you. Who knows, you may even fall in love!

Lies of P

You are a puppet created by Geppetto who’s caught in a web of lies with unimaginable monsters and untrustworthy figures standing between you and the events that have befallen the world of Lies of P.

You are awakened by a mysterious voice that guides you through the plagued city of Krat - a once lively place that has been poisoned by madness and bloodlust. In our soulslike, you must adapt yourself and your weapons to face untold horrors, untangle the unfathomable secrets of the city's elites and choose whether to confront predicaments with the truth or weave lies to overcome them on the journey to find yourself.

Unearth the secrets of the city of Krat – a place soaked in the style of the Belle Epoque era which once thrived due to its puppet industry and now sees its streets covered in blood.

The Many Pieces of Mr. Coo

The Many Pieces of Mr. Coo is a surrealist point’n’click graphic adventure. Mr. Coo is stuck in a weird, nonsensical world, and he needs your help to get out of it -but first of all, he needs to find all his pieces and be whole again!- There might be some philosophical strife behind all this nonsense, but with all the chaotic monsters, crazy robots and one-eyed ladies, it’s kinda hard to say.

With an astounding and colorful hand-drawn 2D cartoon art, and a surrealist and whimsical story, full of absurd humor, wacky characters and crazy situations and innovative puzzles, The Many Pieces Mr. Coo is a fresh take of the graphic adventure genre that will bring together veterans of these gamers and newcomers alike.

Mr. Coo and this game are creations of the acclaimed artist Nacho Rodríguez. 2D animator and director, Rodríguez has been nominated to the Goya Awards for his short film “A lifestory”. He also was lead animator of the game O.zen at Ubisoft. Mr. Coo is one of his most celebrated characters, having appeared in several hilarious short films.

Mineko's Night Market

Mineko’s Night Market is a game that celebrates Japanese culture while introducing a heartwarming story about friendship, tradition, and many, many cats.

Play as Mineko, a curious girl who has just arrived at her new home on a struggling Japanese-inspired island at the base of Mount Fugu. The superstitious locals on the island worship the Sun Cat, Nikko. What was always thought to be a long-told myth has the town puzzled, as sightings of Nikko have begun to surface among the residents of the island in recent days.

Discover the secrets behind the town and restore the struggling village to its former glory. All the while, manage your daily activities, complete various jobs, venture on whimsical quests, and craft peculiar items in preparation for the weekly Night Market!

AK-xolotl

AK-xolotl is the ultimate top-down roguelite shooter starring the most adorable amphibian! You're an axolotl armed with an AK, that embarks on an epic rampage, shooting down anything that stands in your way. Slaughter your way through a variety of biomes and conquer randomly generated rooms, all while collecting delicious food and capturing precious baby Axolotls.

Channel the incredible power of Axolotls' regeneration! If you're knocked down, you will rise again from the ashes and start stronger, unlocking new weapons with each fight. Fight, die, come back stronger and fight again!

Rune Factory 3 Special

Settle down in an idyllic fantasy town as a young adventurer with a monstrous secret in Rune Factory 3, remastered for a new generation.

Features brand new to Rune Factory 3 Special include Newlywed Mode, standalone adventures unlocked after marriage to each of the game's 11 eligible bachelorettes and a "Hell" difficulty level to challenge even veteran players!

Whether it's your first visit or you're returning after a long time away, experience the unforgettable story of Rune Factory 3 with improved graphics and redesigned 3D character models.

Train Sim World 4

Feel the power of simulation in your hands. Experience immense velocity and express unrivalled creativity with Train Sim World 4! Expand your rail hobby and discover the raw emotion of driving a diverse array of iconic routes and trains. From training center to mountain pass, this is your journey.

Learn the basics of operating a range of traction in the Training Center, which now features the Class 323 and 8F as well as the Class 66, meaning you can get to grips with diesel, steam and electric power, before taking to the rails of the real world. Play with trains that work for you, new difficulty ratings offer early insight into the complexity of content, and new settings eliminate trip-up areas, build your confidence, then master every machine.

FREE ROAM! Pick any train you want and drive it wherever you want – you now have complete control over how to run routes in your way. Take a photo and make the memories last with PHOTO MODE and GALLERY – pause in the middle of the action and craft the perfect shot; the power is in your hands. Get creative with the upgraded SCENARIO PLANNER and LIVERY DESIGNER, which now feature additional tools and options to fine tune your personalised train experience. Share your hard work with other players through CREATORS CLUB.

Whether you are brand new to Train Sim World or a long-standing veteran, enter Train Sim World 4 in your own way – various paths and upgrade options are available to get you started. If you upgrade from a previous Train Sim World, your collection and profile progress come with you!

COCOON

From Jeppe Carlsen, the lead gameplay designer of LIMBO and INSIDE — COCOON takes you on an adventure across worlds within worlds. Master world-leaping mechanics to unravel a cosmic mystery.

COCOON is a unique take on the puzzle adventure genre, where each world exists within an orb that you can carry on your back. Wrap your head around the core mechanic of leaping between worlds—and combine, manipulate, and rearrange them to solve intricate puzzles

Interact with alien environments and biomechanical devices left behind by an ancient civilization. Journey through unique and diverse biomes, from industrial structures to massive organic caverns, and discover how they are connected to one another.

Each orb has an ability that can be unlocked, thereby turning the orb into a unique tool for you to utilize within other worlds. Use these abilities to uncover hidden pathways and objects, fire projectiles to trigger switches, and more.

Mighty guardians protect every world, and you must face them in fierce battles. Each fight is unique and requires you to master new and satisfying mechanics.

SUPER BOMBERMAN R 2

The latest title of the party battle games series SUPER BOMBERMAN R!
With new adventures and game modes, it has the largest content volume in the series' history!

The game features not only offline battles that can be played with family and friends, but also online battles that connect players from all over the world, as well as a single player mode.

In addition to the well-known "Standard", "Grand Prix" and "Battle 64" a new battle mode called "Castle" in which players are divided into Attack side and Castle side to battle for the treasure!
A "Stage Editor" function has also been added, allowing players to create their own stages for "Castle" and share them online with players around the globe.

Let's have fun together in "SUPER BOMBERMAN R 2"!

Fae Farm

Escape to the world of Fae Farm and create your own cozy home in the enchanted world of Azoria. As you nurture and grow your homestead, you'll get to meet charming characters, foster deep relationships and discover ways to infuse magic into everything you do. Customize your character, master the arts of crafting, cooking, potion-making and discover so much more.

Unfold the mysteries of the island on your own or with up to three other players. You can invite your family and friends or visit their homestead to progress together, playing beside you or online. As the seasons change, you'll be able to unlock new areas and restore the world around you. Embark on a ship and set sail to Azoria, there's a magical world waiting for you!

Paleo Pines

Welcome to Paleo Pines, a charming island known for its friendly dinosaurs, quirky townsfolk, and mysterious past. Here evolution took a different path, creating a world in which humans and dinosaurs live together in harmony!

Set out with your dino companion, Lucky, to uncover the island’s secrets and discover new dinos. Your arrival on the island is met with welcome curiosity by the local townsfolk who can help you on your quest (and just might give you more work to do!). Together with Lucky, build a thriving ranch, assist local villagers, befriend adorable dinosaurs, and unearth the island’s lost history to build your cozy dino sanctuary.

Set off on a lively adventure with your dino pal, Lucky, who you’ve known since she was just an egg. Is she the last of her kind? The other parasaurolophus are missing, and it's up to you and Lucky to uncover their whereabouts. Explore Paleo Pines, a charming island filled with friendly townsfolk and hidden corners. Build a new home, make friends, and unravel the island's lost history. Get ready for a journey filled with delightful discoveries alongside your trusty steed Lucky!

EA SPORTS FC™ 24

EA SPORTS FC™ 24 welcomes you to The World’s Game: the most true-to-football experience ever with HyperMotionV, PlayStyles optimised by Opta, and an enhanced Frostbite™ Engine.

It's football time!

Party Animals

Fight your friends as puppies, kittens and other fuzzy creatures in PARTY ANIMALS! Paw it out with your friends both online and offline. Interact with the world under our realistic physics engine. Did I mention PUPPIES?

Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty

Phantom Liberty is a new spy-thriller adventure for Cyberpunk 2077. Return as cyber-enhanced mercenary V and embark on a high-stakes mission of espionage and intrigue to save the NUS President. In the dangerous district of Dogtown, you must forge alliances within a web of shattered loyalties and sinister political machinations. Do you have what it takes to survive?

• Notice a poster that is obnoxious or harmful to the thread? REPORT THEIR POST AND/OR WARN THEM.
  • Do not solicit/trade/sell/beg for games in this thread.
  • Do not spam post your game stats/games count or post damage lists from sales.
  • NO ANIME / J-ROCK / POP.

• How do I do giveaways? - Use SteamGifts or use the tags ("Hide until reacted" in the toolbar) or use our wonderful bot Mona (thanks Valdien)
  • How do I recommend a game / challenge / retro to the OP? - Send me a PM.

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
How is it September already?! I am old.

I have already grabbed Starfield, but I also have Fae Farm, which I am looking forward to! My only RL gamer friends are two girls who only play cozy games. They were my Animal Crossing New Horizons buddies, and we are all going to play Fae Farm together. I do wish it was coming out in October though, because... you know... Starfield.

Last edited:

tetel

MetaMember
Jan 7, 2020
Nothing for me this month but that’s probably for the best, I’ve been playing Yakuza 5 and not much else for well over a month now (although currently it’s just me cleaning up the completion list, still far from finishing though). May get new DJMAX DLC but even that is a bit of a tough sell, I don’t really care about Maplestory and half of the songs aren’t keysounded.

Excited for TGS though.

Vantr

Feb 15, 2021
Thanks for the thread.

This month is looking like Starfield > Payday 3 > CP2077 and possibly Fate/Samurai Remnant for the waifus. Such as stacked month I still feel like I'm missing a game here.

Reactions: ExistentialThought

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I’m not sure how to play multiple RPG at the same time. And yet I have BG3 Act 3, Starfield ea is available, and I finally recharged my batteries enough to tolerate P5R again.
This is deeply scaring. I hate to drop games, and big and good games even more. But bruvs… And in one month there is Cyberpunk ?

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
It took PureDark 1 hour to implement both DLSS and XeSS into Starfield
From the release notes:

OVERVIEW

Plugin to replace FSR2 with DLSS/XeSS in Starfield. This version only support DLSS2 and not DLSS3.
Make that $130 FOMO edition if you want DLSS3 since you won't be able to use it without a Patreon sub (lol. Lmao, even) :flare_lmao:

• Sad
Reactions: xinek

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Starfield installed. Why is my launch button grey ? (didn't try the shortcut yet, I'm panicking, but not all hands on deck panicking).

Edit - Lol, ok. The old restart steam thing.

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
Nice thread Mor . As always, really appreciate the effort.

I think it’s going to be October before I can even contemplate grabbing any other games. BG3 is all consuming.

Couple of interesting games this month but, and please don’t ban me for this, I may actually try and play some of my backlog…

Reactions: Cacher

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
I hadn't heard of Wandering Sword before but that looks like I might love it. Also already waiting on Phantom Liberty to have my first go at CP2077, so that should be my post-BG3 fix if I even finish BG3 by then. Plus a bunch of indie stuff on my wishlist I assume comes out this month :dizzy-face:

Also will be happy to wait for Starfield to be discounted and hopefully patched / modded up a bit. Like enough to where I don't have to set the FoV in the ini file like it's... well actually some games in the 90s had FoV sliders so idk.

Reactions: thekeats1999

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
New month, new nonsense.

Day off work today (not) for Starfield. But I needed to get away from the day-to-day bullshit anyway.

Senior leadership at my soon-to-be former department are having a complete meltdown that I’m leaving.

They think they run the best department in the organisation, and can’t understand their current extremely high attrition rate, so they’re taking this out against the managers. Feel bad for my manager and his manager, because they’re likely getting shit because I got a new job.

I’m half tempted to give them both barrels at my exit interview.

sprinkles

Dec 8, 2018
New month, but still 20+ hours left in BG3 at least. Then onto Sea of Stars (or back to Trails into Reverie?). Nayuta this month, maybe EA Football (last Fifa I played was 10 years ago). Starfield I'll dig into during my vacation at the end of the month, let's see if I can avoid spoilers.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Embracer does not care about dying wishes of developers. Embracer only cares about making loads of money for Lars Wingefors.
Again Volition was mostly under Deep Silver management. Embracer left them to operate on their own just like MS left Bethesda. It was stupid but it is what it is. That is why we got THQ Nordic games on all stores and Deep Silver games as Epic Store exclusives. Also as far as I know IdolNinja was working on SR2 patch in his free time, nothing prevented someone else from the studio to do that too (just like developer from Remedy that did Control unofficial patches). As far as I remember we never got official promise from the studio regarding patch just some updates from Community Manager. So I really can't blame Embracer for SR2 Patch things. That is mostly on Drep Silver and Volition.

• This!
Reactions: Parsnip

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
  • This!
Reactions: jads653
Status
Not open for further replies.