Community MetaSteam | September 2024 - The emperor protects, BOY!

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
I have not played any of the Anno games, which should I get? I forgot which one but one got good praise.
Anno 1800 with all its DLC's is the biggest, most complex and best game in the series by far.
Anno 1404 was the best Anno game prior to it, it's cheaper and less complex if you want something easier.
Completely and utterly avoid the Sci-Fi ones.

• This!
Reactions: fearthedawn

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
The Atelier Ryza games got an anniversary update:

Ryza 1:
  • Fixed specific issues when played on Steam Deck™.
  • Changed the keyboard and mouse control settings in the SteamⓇ version.
  • Added an auto-save feature.
  • Added an option to fast forward Fatal Drive.
  • Added an option to fast forward event scenes.
  • Added an option to auto-play text during event scenes.
  • Added graphics settings to the Options menu.
  • Made other minor adjustments.

Ryza 2:
  • Changed the keyboard and mouse control settings in the SteamⓇ version.
  • Added the difficulty "Very Easy".
  • Added an option to fast forward event scenes.
  • Adjusted the auto-play speed of text during event scenes.
  • Added graphics settings to the Options menu.
  • Made other minor adjustments.

Ryza 3:
  • Added the difficulty "Very Easy".
  • Added a new landmark: Kala's Tent (Note: Kala's Tent will be added as a landmark after visiting it once this update has been applied.)
  • Changed the completion requirements for Klaudia's "Three Medicines" character quest.
  • Other minor adjustments and bug fixes.

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019
Anno 1800 with all its DLC's is the biggest, most complex and best game in the series by far.
Anno 1404 was the best Anno game prior to it, it's cheaper and less complex if you want something easier.
Completely and utterly avoid the Sci-Fi ones.

Base game is on sale for -75% ($15 USD).

Not bad.

Definitive Edition is -50% ($65 USD).

Ouch.

Looks like that includes everything except Season 5 content. Admittedly a ton of DLC outside of S5.

Thoughts?

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
Majima as a pirate wasnt something I was expecting
It's equally idiotic hilarious and amazing how well it fits him
Yakuza: Black Flag is a pretty amazing concept, honestly. If this has actual ship battles, then you are looking at the game of the decade, right there.
Per the store page it does, real time cannon battles into boarding battles.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018

Not bad.

Ouch.

Looks like that includes everything except Season 5 content. Admittedly a ton of DLC outside of S5.

Thoughts?
The DLC's not included in the Season Passes are the cosmetic bundles, you can pass on those unless you're really into that.
All the other, worthwhile gameplay DLC's like Botanica, Land of the Lions etc are included in the Season Passes. They are just listened seperately for individual purchase (Making it possible to accidentally buy each DLC twice)

Ideally, buy the Gold Edition, then you have all the relevant DLC's

Reactions: Aaron D.

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019
I have not played any of the Anno games, which should I get? I forgot which one but one got good praise.
1404 is the all time greatest Anno. Should be able to get it and it's expansion for very cheap now. (Edit: I forgot there's a history edition now. Get that one)

1800 is the second best game. It's also the newest and prettiest one. Easily recommended.

Not bad.

Ouch.

Thoughts?
The base game alone has a ton of content and an extra biome. The season passes add more. The dlcs outside the season passes are not worth it.

Anno is the best city builder series out there in my opinion and that says a lot given how strong the competition is in the genre. Obviously nobody can play them all so maybe it has been surpassed but Anno is excellent. At the very least, get the base game.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018

Not bad.

Ouch.

Thoughts?
There is no Season 5, Season 4 was and will be the last.
So, if you don't have the base game, the Gold edition YEAR 5 is the best value.
If you have base game, individually buying the season passes is a little better.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019

Weird that its still not Deck verified.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
I didn't play a lot of Palworld but from the little I did that game played nothing like Pokemon. Its crazy that lawsuit exists.

I mean I guess throwing the pokeball shit is something you can sue them for but come on...

I'm sure the devs would just patch the game and get rid of the ball. Replace it with a fucking soda can or a rubiks cube. Or something.

Like seriously who gives a shit. Nintendo is so petty.

Gameplay mechanic patents have to be the most disgusting thing in the industry today.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
What were Sony thinking funding that train wreck?

Just put Bloodborne on STEAM to make up your losses.
For 400 million they could have funded like three sequels for Bloodborne or Demon Souls. And with how popular that genre is today..they would have easily brought in over a billion in revenue.

Instead these clowns decide to play the hardest game of roulette and hope for their 400 million investment to become the next GaaS cash cow. Its just corporate incompetence of the highest magnitude.

• This!
Reactions: xinek and Stevey

Eila

Jan 21, 2019

What the hell, they've raised the (regional) price of all those games at some point. I guess I'm never playing any Atelier game.

Lashley

Computer Cowboy 🤠
I'll be honest. Yakuza is one of my favorite series but this feels like they're just trying to squeeze one more game out of those Hawaii assets, because coming up with a half assed reason to send Ichiban back there would feel too contrived.
Fortunately it does look like a lot of fun.
It's absolutely this. They reuse assets a lot but at least they're smart about it.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
I'll be honest. Yakuza is one of my favorite series but this feels like they're just trying to squeeze one more game out of those Hawaii assets, because coming up with a half assed reason to send Ichiban back there would feel too contrived.
Fortunately it does look like a lot of fun.
Better than a remaster of a 4 year old game.

• Toucan
Reactions: PC-tan and yuraya

KingKrouch

Dec 14, 2021

Sadly the stuttering when you don't have a controller connected, mouse analog stick emulation, and GPU utilization (Atelier Sync Fix fixes this to a degree) issues are still present.
Amazing how Asahi Linux running on a MacBook is gonna have better game compatibility than current day MacOS at this point.