Community MetaSteam | September 2024 - The emperor protects, BOY!

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Thanks Mor for the new thread. Big month deserves a big thread.

Excited to see how Space Marine 2 does, several other games are interesting but not sure I'll pull the trigger.

I learned English as my native tongue so I don't think this question is actually directed at me lol.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

Jav

Question everything, learn nothing
Sep 17, 2019
So how good is Deadlock? Do we have any clue about when the normal humans will be able to play it? I can't wait :face-with-open-mouth-and-cold-sweat::face-with-open-mouth-and-cold-sweat:

• Eyes
Reactions: PC-tan

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Rings of Power Season 2 has a scene where Sauron says "You know Celebrimbor, you really are the Lord of the Rings".

No this is not even a fucking joke, THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENS

where is the lie though? He actually be the lord of the rings

• Toucan
Reactions: lashman

Vantr

Feb 15, 2021
Thanks for new thread!

I was thinking about getting AAI and maybe some other games this month but will I even play them? I've been too locked in on Deadlock.

To the backlog they go?

Reactions: Cacher

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
ADV fans are eating good this month with AAI, Emio and this.

The release date is listed as coming soon on Steam, but it's supposed to be a worldwide release on 12/09/2024

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
So how good is Deadlock? Do we have any clue about when the normal humans will be able to play it? I can't wait :face-with-open-mouth-and-cold-sweat::face-with-open-mouth-and-cold-sweat:
It's Dota, but as a third person shooter. If you like MOBAs you might enjoy it, but if you don't it won't change your mind. I hadn't played Dota in over 6 years but I'm liking Deadlock. Someone on your friends list can send an invite and you should get in instantly.

Apparently I'm in the top 6% of players which I find very sus as I constantly feel like a giant noob.

• Toucan

Cacher

MetaMember
Jun 3, 2020
I learnt English at school and by playing videogames. WRPGs like Gothic, Mass Effect and Fallout helped a ton.

Adding to Line's reply on Japanese culture:

I had conversations with a few Japanese on overseas travelling. Here are some quotes:
  • "Foreigners are scary, so going to other countries is scary"
  • "Why do I need to visit other countries when Japan has everything?"
  • "Going overseas? First I need to get a passport." Said by someone in their 30s.

Yeah, many Japanese don't have any motivations to learn English because they just don't have interest in the rest of the world even though they are one of the wealthiest people on the planet. In 2023 less than 20% of Japanese have a passport. Japanese culture has many great qualities but being insular is definitely not one of them.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Times flies

Well Konami we are waiting.
Thanks for the thread!

It's the first time I ever heard of Reynatis despite working pretty closely with NISA.
I'm not sure if you looked more closely to it. But it seems to be a budget version of what Nomura wanted to do with a Fantasy type game (FF Type 13?) taking place in Shibuya. I don't recall Nomura being involved but others that he has worked on projects with do seem to be involved with the game.

ZKenir

Setting the Seas Ablaze
May 10, 2019
I learnt English at school and by playing videogames. WRPGs like Gothic, Mass Effect and Fallout helped a ton.

Adding to Line's reply on Japanese culture:

I had conversations with a few Japanese on overseas travelling. Here are some quotes:
  • "Foreigners are scary, so going to other countries is scary"
  • "Why do I need to visit other countries when Japan has everything?"
  • "Going overseas? First I need to get a passport." Said by someone in their 30s.

Yeah, many Japanese don't have any motivations to learn English because they just don't have interest in the rest of the world even though they are one of the wealthiest people on the planet. In 2023 less than 20% of Japanese have a passport. Japanese culture has many great qualities but being insular is definitely not one of them.
Tbh if it wasn't for work, I wouldn't travel either as I have like zero interest in it, in fact I consider it a pain in the ass. I was genuinely overjoyed when work allowed me to basically avoid travelling at all.

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Not being interested in travel is a shame IMO.

I absolutely love visiting new places. The only thing that sucks is getting there. Planes, trains and automobiles are usually the worst parts of travel. Once you get to the destinations everything is great. It also helps that I really love to try new foods.

I do think that it is important when returning from a trip overseas or far away to give yourself a day off at home to readjust. Not just to reset your internal clock if you traveled through time zones, but also just to do laundry, and whatever normal chores you have so you don't feel stressed going back to work.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Do we have any Humble Choice leaks? (Tomorrow is the next one right?)

I'm kinda itching to buy something new. Debating between Elden Ring DLC, Armored Core 6 and Kingdom Hearts collection right now, but am still looking. (I don't expect any of them to be in the bundle lol, but if there's something in there I'm interested in I'd probably prioritize that.)

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Not being interested in travel is a shame IMO.

I absolutely love visiting new places. The only thing that sucks is getting there. Planes, trains and automobiles are usually the worst parts of travel. Once you get to the destinations everything is great. It also helps that I really love to try new foods.

I do think that it is important when returning from a trip overseas or far away to give yourself a day off at home to readjust. Not just to reset your internal clock if you traveled through time zones, but also just to do laundry, and whatever normal chores you have so you don't feel stressed going back to work.
Totally agree with all of this.

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
DF has a preview of MGS3 in their latest weekly video and I love/hate that I could tell it was UE5 just by the fact it uses that flat soulless "realistic" lighting a lot of UE5 games are starting to have. Wukong and that black state game also use it and it just sucks all the color tone away for a drab realistic look.

I feel like devs focus too much on texture quality and other graphics settings but completely forget how important lighting is to any given scene too. It's the entire reason why I don't think wukong looks good. You can have 8k rock textures and trees but that lighting ruins the entire look of the game to me.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
So there is a rumored State of Play near the end of the month according to Grubb.

And that should be after the Ragnarok Steam release so there won't be any more scheduled Sony PC games set to release.

Don't let emulation beat you to the punch. Don't be one of those companies.

Get it done. It is time...

Gintaro

MetaMember
Feb 20, 2021
Malaysia

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
A company as large as Microsoft having this communication issue doesn't makes sense at all. Not sure why there isnt a dedicated team just to handle developers enquiries :huhblob:
These cases are probably because MS has laid off so many people that they just don't have enough in this area to talk with devs and get these games pushed through the pipeline.

The wukong thing is because of their disastrous decision to go ahead with the series S which anyone who's been gaming long enough could see this coming. Things were "fine" at first because we were in a cross gen phase but we're now in year 4 and everyone is already struggling with the system and we have 4 years to go too. It's going to get ugly for MS.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
A company as large as Microsoft having this communication issue doesn't makes sense at all. Not sure why there isnt a dedicated team just to handle developers enquiries :huhblob:
As someone who has worked customer support, customers inevitably get priority based on how much money they bring in or are expected to bring in.
So this is possibly the work of a manager(s) who is a hardliner of this belief.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
These cases are probably because MS has laid off so many people that they just don't have enough in this area to talk with devs and get these games pushed through the pipeline.

The wukong thing is because of their disastrous decision to go ahead with the series S which anyone who's been gaming long enough could see this coming. Things were "fine" at first because we were in a cross gen phase but we're now in year 4 and everyone is already struggling with the system and we have 4 years to go too. It's going to get ugly for MS.

I doubt its even about the layoffs anymore. They are probably not making much money hosting/selling indie games. If anything they are in the red with how much $$$ they hand out to get big titles on Gamepass. Everything outside of GP is probably pushing them into the "not giving a shit" territory. And this probably bleeds down to support + other dev issues.

It really is funny to see the Series S struggle so much lately when a stripped down handheld of that console (Deck) is able to trot along fine for now. There are a few exceptions here and there but the Deck is dominating in terms of support and shear quantity of indie/AA titles it can play today that the Series S can't and wont.

Xbox needs to figure it out because if they keep going down this path they will keep losing support and the PR nightmare/reputation will be overwhelming. They should probably just call it a day and go full third party. At the very least they need to make sure their next console is dev friendly because it is inexcusable to have all these issues with devs in the year 2024. Its pathetic really.

Reactions: Derrick01

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I can't see twitter embeds anymore...
It's still possible to see them in here, but the thing is that who ever post them has to write the website and have it say "twitter" (in lower case) instead of "x" and it will show up as normal. You can't just edit them either after posting, which sucks. So it's best to remember to change the link name before hitting post. It just makes it easier.

However if you can't see any at all, even the ones I mentioned then that is an issue indeed.