Community MetaSteam | September 2024 - The emperor protects, BOY!

Shantom

Mar 17, 2021
Already have Guardians so that's the worst month in quite some time for me. Is Stranded more of a city builder or more survival?

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018

Humble Choice is Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy, Stranded, Coral Island, Spongebob Squarepants: The Cosmic Shake, and more. 1 key for Epic Games Store.
Multiple games on my wishlist, specially interested in Cortal Island, Alien Dawn and Astrea.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
As much I am enjoying outlaws, its save system kind of sucks. I lost one hour of progress because of one misplaced jump. I had upgraded, finished contracts and quests but for some reason it just never saved anywhere, and respawning me back at the city, with none of the progress made . How? What the fudge

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
This is wild, because it might be the biggest flop of the year and this is the year that Suicide squad launched.

Also, is this faster than amazon unreleasing crucible? (I won't blame you if you don't remember that game ever existing)
Nevermind the year, this probably is one of the biggest flops in the history of the industry.

Eila

Jan 21, 2019
Big ooof to Concord and and ooof to that Humble Monthly. Wasn't Guardians free on Epic a while back? I also already played it on steam. Oh well, they can't all be winners.

round to nearest New

Gamall Wednesday Ida

Just a loon, apparently.
Dec 4, 2020
France
www.youtube.com
In the Future, Concord will be a unit to measure how badly or not a game bombed.

"But they had 5 concords and still closed down!"
That's too small a unit to be practical. Didn't they top at approximately 600 concurrent players?

Big games will need to be measured in kilo-Concords (kC).

"Black Myth: Wukong had 3.5 kC"*

Besides having nothing new to offer, costing 40€ in a crowded FtP genre where the biggest concern is "will all my friends switch with me?" was certainly a bold strategic choice.

* value edited from 4.1 to 3.5 after checking steam charts numbers: 2415714/697 = 3465,873

Last edited:

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
Nevermind the year, this probably is one of the biggest flops in the history of the industry.
Top 1 has to be ET. It was a totally different time but it's impossible to top it.
Concord might duke it out with BGE for the 2nd and 3rd spot. They literally gave that game away in cereal boxes.

Reactions: Stone Ocean

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020

Really hope the DD2 DLC helps flesh out the game ala Dark Arisen . DD2 is my biggest disappointment of the year, but I still have a soft spot for it.

It's not broken nor bad, but rather generic and plain. It has nothing going for it.

Reminds me a bit when Splatoon launched, it had two modes and a handful of maps. But unlike Concord, Splatoon had a killer aesthetic, innovative gameplay, and a full fledged single player campaign.

Like, you see your friends duking it out on Fortnite with Banana Wolverine, Goku and Peter Griffin, and in Concord you have to choose between fish tank on her head lady and a featureless robot.
Most popular live service games have appealing character designs ala Overwatch and Genshin Impact.

As I have become the resident Deadlock shill I'd say that game has interesting character designs, but is obviously lacking in the waifu/husbando department (although I've seen lots of fanart of the gremlin which isn't my thing but more power to her fans).

Lashley

Computer Cowboy 🤠
Ahahahahaha holy fuck

What an awful look for Sony
I can't wait to see the tidal wave of blaming chuds as the reason Concord failed as if the game didn't get a low to mid 60 rating by critics, but people are going to pretend like it was some great game that got derailed by bad faith actors. Just like how everyone hated forspoken because they're actually racist lol.
Already starting

Last edited:

Stevey

Gromlintroid
Dec 8, 2018
I mean the studio sounded like a nightmare place to work, no wonder it was shit.

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Damn, what an unprecedented disaster.
I feel bad for the devs. It's not like there was anything fundamentally wrong with the game itself.
Seeing it become one of the biggest shipwrecks in history after putting so many years into it has got to hurt.
The execs at Sony were delusional in making this PTP.

Anyway, played more Ender Lilies and I love everything about it. Really impressed with the music.

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
And so it begins... 🙁
This one EGS key is odd; its clearly an extra game (a9th game in a usually 8-game deal) — an alpha test, only playable in September
Also, according to the latest trailer that game comes out on Steam and GOG as well. So why use an EGS key? Very strange choice

You're not missing anything. It's basically a Nazi bar at this point. Anyone still on there posting is doing so out of inertia I assume. They can't enjoy getting they're stuff served next to insane conspiracies and racism.
Twitter does not show me any hate posts etc; but Ive curated my feed ages ago already. Muted tons of words and accounts, and only use the "Following" tab, which, you guessed it, only shows people who I follow. If I notice anyone ( re)tweeting hatred or conspiracy stuff, I mute/unfollow. ...and I only really follow artists; so that helps. :)
I honestly see more hate stuff on the Steam forums, unfortunately. I blocked a bajillion people already but theres always more. Steam could use more moderation tools for users; I would love to easily hide whole threads or have a word mute list or something.

As much I am enjoying outlaws, its save system kind of sucks. I lost one hour of progress because of one misplaced jump. I had upgraded, finished contracts and quests but for some reason it just never saved anywhere, and respawning me back at the city, with none of the progress made . How? What the fudge
Ive googled this since it struck me as strange; you should be able to manually save after the intro questline

• This!
Reactions: Ge0force

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Ive googled this since it struck me as strange; you should be able to manually save after the intro questline

Ah yeah I do that often, I just was so used to autosave, since manual save only works when things are “safe”. What I described earlier had to have been a bug, ubi server issue or something because now it saves normally and often, so not sure what happened.

Reactions: LEANIJA

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Ah yeah I do that often, I just was so used to autosave, since manual save only works when things are “safe”. What I described earlier had to have been a bug, ubi server issue or something because now it saves normally and often, so not sure what happened.
ah that sucks, then! :/

• Hug
Reactions: Le Pertti

rickyson33

Apr 26, 2019
nice to see Harebrained Schemes(just Harebrained now) not dead seemed like they might be

sounds like their take on the Deus Ex games(although i've never actually played those so I could be wrong on that)

didn't see it until now because it ended up in my spam folder for some reason but they sent out an email about this earlier as well:

Hey Everyone,
It’s been a while! In case you hadn’t heard, we're 100% indie again. And now we’re bringing the passion, heart, and skill we have brought to our earlier games, like Shadowrun and BATTLETECH, to our new game, GRAFT.
You can catch our announcement trailer right here.

We would love it if you’d wishlist GRAFT right now on Steam or Epic! In today’s crowded market we need your help to build the game’s discoverability throughout development.

By wishlisting and sharing the news about the game, you’re supporting our return to indie dev. Thank you!

ABOUT GRAFT

GRAFT continues Harebrained’s tradition of crafting dense and narratively rich worlds, full of compelling characters and impactful choices.
GRAFT is a post-cyberpunk survival horror RPG set on a vast, dying space station. Explore a world haunted by darkly fascinating characters and nightmarish monsters as you search for an escape. You will survive by grafting, literally tearing pieces from your enemies to transform yourself into something new—something capable of taking on the horrors that prowl around you.

But there’s a catch, every Graft carries with it some small piece of its previous owner… and now they are a part of you.

Who, or, what, will you be when you escape?

As always, thank you—we appreciate your help getting the word out and we can’t wait to show you more as we continue to develop this exciting new game.
GRAFT-fully Yours,

Harebrained

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
nice to see Harebrained Schemes(just Harebrained now) not dead seemed like they might be
I wonder why the name change, though. Whatever happened to The Lamplighters League, anyway? :flare_think:

Still, I'm keen for more Shadowrun, which GRAFT seems to be all but the name.

Reactions: lashman

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
not sure why Ubi logo is there under Ninty. Besides, Ubi doesn't seem to be doing too hot lately either. They don't have any Concord level bombs (yet), but generally lower sales than they would like, from what I gather

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Already have Guardians so that's the worst month in quite some time for me. Is Stranded more of a city builder or more survival?
Its a bit of both, builder and survival.

I really liked Stranded. Its kind of a 3d Rimworld type game (though obviously not as good as Rimworld). You dont directly control people, you set up tasks and they go about their business.
It has some nice mechanics and i had a good 30 hours of fun with it.

Reactions: Shantom

Cacher

MetaMember
Jun 3, 2020
not sure why Ubi logo is there under Ninty. Besides, Ubi doesn't seem to be doing too hot lately either. They don't have any Concord level bombs (yet), but generally lower sales than they would like, from what I gather
Just found an old meme for the post. Yeah, I am not sure why the Ubi logo is there as well.

sprinkles

Dec 8, 2018
Yep, wouldn't have made a dent. Would have been 1% of their number if that.
Tbh if every PSN-missing country would have bought just one copy each and they would play at the same time, it will at least triple the Steam concurrents!

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
Screw Nvidia...

It's beyond ridiculous if this is remotely true

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
Screw Nvidia...

It's beyond ridiculous if this is remotely true
Kopite also talked about a 600W 4090 months before the 4090's release and in the end it was 450W.
He also talked about a 600W 4090 Ti that never happened.

• This!
Reactions: xinek and Lashley

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
Kopite also talked about a 600W 4090 months before the 4090's release and in the end it was 450W.
He also talked about a 600W 4090 Ti that never happened.
450W is already absurd, not as much as 600W but it's basically on the same level.

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
Watched the dragon age vid that went up on IGN yesterday. They accepted a side quest where the entire interaction was "I'm a medical apprentice, I'm short on supplies but my mentor has more in his cabin out in the wilds can you get them if you're in the area" and immediately after the dev narrating was like "we wanted side quests to feel meaningful and not just doing random tasks".

This game is in deep trouble lol.

• Toucan
Reactions: LEANIJA and yuraya

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018

Mr. Gimmick! 2 is coming out tomorrow. How'd I miss this? Or did I miss this? I don't even know!
kinda impressive they managed to make a sequel and somehow not get caught by Nintendo lawyers.
Like, that thing couldn't look more like Kirby if they tried

EDIT:

Oh wow, turns out this is actually a sequel to an old Sunsoft game, not some indie title. And it predates Kirby!
!

Damn

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Watched the dragon age vid that went up on IGN yesterday. They accepted a side quest where the entire interaction was "I'm a medical apprentice, I'm short on supplies but my mentor has more in his cabin out in the wilds can you get them if you're in the area" and immediately after the dev narrating was like "we wanted side quests to feel meaningful and not just doing random tasks".

Sadly that was like 50% of the quests in Inquisition from what I remember.

But it is a long rpg so there is gonna be filler.

BioWare just needs to make sure there are good companion questlines and interactions + some good main quests. As long as they have that people won't complain too much. I don't have high expectations for side missions. The expectations for this seems to be getting lower and lower so at this point they can only surprise people with some good content imo.

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria

"Bring me ten bear arses or whatever"

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
Sadly that was like 50% of the quests in Inquisition from what I remember.

But it is a long rpg so there is gonna be filler.

BioWare just needs to make sure there are good companion questlines and interactions + some good main quests. As long as they have that people won't complain too much. I don't have high expectations for side missions. The expectations for this seems to be getting lower and lower so at this point they can only surprise people with some good content imo.
The theme I'm getting from all these videos is that the game feels straight out of 2010, similar to how starfield did too. These devs that everyone used to think was top of the class in the 360 gen feel like they're still living out those days where they were the coolest kid in school even though they're 35 now and everyone has moved on from them. They're still using that horrible dialogue wheel too when everyone has moved on from that (ironically back to list form which is how it was before bioware introduced the wheel)