Community Movies/Shows you have seen recently or looking forward to...

fsdood

MetaMember
Jan 9, 2019
Watched 4 episodes of I, Claudius. It's amazing how low the productions are compared to today but the actors carry the show big time. One thing for sure is that I hate Livia and her backstabbing habits, that actress does a really good job with her.

Reactions: EdwardTivrusky

Tizoc

Vile Enabler
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
Watched 4 episodes of I, Claudius. It's amazing how low the productions are compared to today but the actors carry the show big time. One thing for sure is that I hate Livia and her backstabbing habits, that actress does a really good job with her.
I want to watch this primarily for BRIAN BLESSED

Rosenkrantz

Once Punched Man
Apr 22, 2019
Blood and Bone

Pretty good DTV martial arts film. It's a shame that Michael Jai White's career has never taken off, dude has an insane amount of charisma and could've been a great action star if we were still in the 80s. 7/10

Shot Caller

That's probably the best role of Coster-Waldau. The character is complex and he's great in the role of an average man who stuck in the prison world. The film itself is pretty cliched crime/prison drama but Waldau and other cast members make it worth watching. 7/10

The Endless

For some reason, the film was advertised as a horror despite the fact that it has more family drama in it than anything that can be described as scary. The story revolves around 2 brothers who escaped a UFO cult and tried to (unsuccessfully) live a normal life until one day they receive a tape from the cult and one of the brothers has an urge to get back to it because life sucks. There's some weird stuff taking place after that and the ending is a bit ambiguous, but overall, it's a pretty boring movie. 6/10

Hellraiser

I love the book and Clive Barker is one of my favourite horror writers, but I guess I watched the movie 20+ years too late. The acting is cheesy, the gore is tamed by the modern standards (it was obviously different in the 80s, but nowadays it pales in comparison with even mainstream examples like later Saw and Final Destination movies), some of the creature designs are outright funny and cenobites themselves look like hardcore BDSM cosplayers. 5/10

Reactions: dummmyy

Ge0force

Collector of hidden agendas
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
New season of Casa de Papel tonight on Netflix. My expectations aren't too high because nothing can beat the near perfect 1st season, but it will still be much fun to watch.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
I've started watching Doctor Who, and gotta say, for a show with such silly villain designs (Daleks, Cybermen) it sure as hell loves to kill buttloads of people in almost every episode. I was ready to give up after the first season, but Tennant's performance hooked me on the show. Is Torchwood worth visiting? From what I've read it's a lot edgier.
Am late to reply to this but series 2 and 3 of Torchwood are good and excellent respectively. Children of Earth is easily as good as the best of NuWho. Yeah, i'll stake that claim.

Mind, ive not seen all of Whittaker's series yet. The Rosa Parks episode left me unsure.

Reactions: Rosenkrantz

Mitch

Jul 19, 2019
Last night I finished Sharp Objects. What a wild ride. The ending came out of nowhere. Considering picking up the book.

Next up is Mindhunter s2 in August. I was a bit late to finishing s1, but I'm completely on board with more content.

Reactions: lashman

JackPineSavage

crazy drunken bastard
Jun 2, 2019
I watched Robocop for the first time in hd and it doesn't seem to age that much even after 30 years. The strong anti-corpo message is even more relevant today than it was in the 80's. The satire is sharp as fuck and the action is great too. It has great villains and magnificent cast all around with Kurtwood Smith, Ray Wise, Miguel Ferrer and so many more. Also Basil Poledouris made a hell of a epic soundtrack. It shouldn't be this good with that silly premise and name but it is.

Last edited:
Reactions: deftones r cool

deftones r cool

I̷n̴t̵o̸ ̷t̷h̵e̶ ̵v̵o̵i̸d̵
Apr 19, 2019
Went ahead and made a double feature out of As Good as it Gets and About Schmidt today. I hadn't watched any movies in quite some time and both felt rather poignant and caused me to reflect on my own life. Older Nicholson is just as much a gem as he was in his younger years, and I'm appreciative I waited till my current life stage to view each of these. While the former had me wallowing up a bit and laughing my ass off at Nicholson's crass character, it was About Schmidt which I might be dissecting and reminiscing upon tomorrow at work.

I'm glad to watch movies again. It's been a second. Time to go through the rest of what I have on this hard drive.

Ge0force

Collector of hidden agendas
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
The 3rd season of Casa de Papel is really good! If you haven't seen this excellent show before, go watch it! All seasons are on Netflix.