Community Movies/Shows you have seen recently or looking forward to...

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Watched The Righteous earlier. Very good.

The Righteous (2021) - IMDb
Looking at this movie in France led me to Shadowz, a streaming service specialized in horror movies. I suppose it’s the French or Euro Shudder.
Tons of shitty gorefests I won’t approach with a ten-foot pole, but there are some 50-70’s horror, some Corman, William Castle, Carpenter, etc.
Interesting.

Reactions: Stevey

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
During down time when on vacay (still is), I've managed to watch Top Gun (fantastic movie), Maverick (fantastic movie, got addicted to Miles version of Great Balls of Fire) and Black Swan (really good).

Reactions: Cacher

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Nice things to come soon. I’m curious about The Sandman adaptation on Netflix and Bullet Train looks like middling but silly fun. I may forget somethings, I seem to recall several releases in August.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
I started watching the latest season of Westworld while waiting for my anime downloads to finish.

It wasn't bad, not as convoluted as its earlier season, but somehow lost its sense of mystery as a result. I won't go as far as saying Anthony Hopkins carried the whole show, but Evan Rachel Wood's role as Dolores has diminished even further in this season. Aaron Paul was alright, I suppose. I just can't see him as a family man at all, though.

No idea if I want to keep watching, maybe I'll read some impressions of the later episodes first.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
I watched that Severance show and it was really really good. An incredible cast and suspension throughout. Tho I gotta say I hate how the season ends on a bunch of cliffhangers. It could have used one more episode to flesh everything out instead of dangling everything going into a new season like that. Not a fan of what should have been an amazing ending being packed into whats basically a 20 minute stretch like that. Maybe if it was season 2 or 3 you can do that but doing it in the first season feels shitty imo.

The one thing that kind of confused me
is the wife. So she really didn't die and just a spy from the company? And all for what? To do therapy sessions with him? They already have neighbor spies but why go to such ridiculous lengths. Its pretty clear they are all being watched heavily in some form or the other so hopefully we get more backstory on that in next season because the rabbit hole feels a lot deeper than what the story is showing.

Also we are a few weeks away from new Game of Thrones and less than a month from new Lord of the Rings show. What a time to be alive :D One of them better be good.

Reactions: Cacher and Pommes

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
I watched that Severance show and it was really really good. An incredible cast and suspension throughout. Tho I gotta say I hate how the season ends on a bunch of cliffhangers. It could have used one more episode to flesh everything out instead of dangling everything going into a new season like that. Not a fan of what should have been an amazing ending being packed into whats basically a 20 minute stretch like that. Maybe if it was season 2 or 3 you can do that but doing it in the first season feels shitty imo.

The one thing that kind of confused me
is the wife. So she really didn't die and just a spy from the company? And all for what? To do therapy sessions with him? They already have neighbor spies but why go to such ridiculous lengths. Its pretty clear they are all being watched heavily in some form or the other so hopefully we get more backstory on that in next season because the rabbit hole feels a lot deeper than what the story is showing.

Also we are a few weeks away from new Game of Thrones and less than a month from new Lord of the Rings show. What a time to be alive :D One of them better be good.
I don't fully remember the details, but the impression I got wasn't that she was a spy, but more that she was fully severed now for some reason.

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
Just finished Cobra Kai s5, pretty goddamn good, now to wait for s6.

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
Watching Itaewon Class, my first KDrama I'm actually invested in (12 episodes in)
(Bounced off initial few real hard)

Apart some plot and characterization issues, I'm really liking it. Great actors, lovely production, good writing/direction.

Reactions: Pommes

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Hey, I finally saw Avengers. The 2012 one, yeah. So I'm obviously nearly caught up with Marvel stuff.
Considering parallel watching the TV series, but just Agents of Shield is 7 season :so-good-blob:

I followed yesterday Disney thing, and I must say that once past the discovery shock, I'm super interested in Werewolf by Night. Should be able to watch it in 10 years.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
I watched Rocky for the x times. Still a great movie. Sylvester Stallone is such a great actor as well as writer.

Can't wait to see Tulsa King in Nov.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Li Kao i skipped agents of shield. Would also say you can skip Netflix stuff. Sure you have daredevil and such that will come back so might be worth it but not necessary. You will be fine if you stick to the movies until endgame and then include tv stuff

Reactions: Li Kao

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Li Kao i skipped agents of shield. Would also say you can skip Netflix stuff. Sure you have daredevil and such that will come back so might be worth it but not necessary. You will be fine if you stick to the movies until endgame and then include tv stuff
Agents of Shield is a big question mark for me. I didn't follow it that closely and I could see me liking it. Or not at all. The netflix stuff on the other hand, I don't know what it is but I'm super not interested at first glance. Just saw a couple of Daredevil years ago and it didn't entrance me.
On the other hand, I'm pretty hyped for the recent stuff. I really want to watch things like Moon Knight and She Hulk.

Reactions: Le Pertti

crimsonheadGCN

MetaMember
Jan 20, 2019
Clifton, New Jersey
www.resetera.com

Given the company’s daunting challenges, it has become accepted wisdom at the highest levels of the industry that another deal waits in the wings for Warner Bros. Discovery. For reasons related to the complicated structure of that merger, no negotiations can happen until April 2024. But at that point, many industry observers believe that Comcast’s Brian Roberts will make a long-awaited move, looking to combine NBCUniversal and Warner Bros. Discovery.

• Disapproval
Reactions: Pommes

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
This fits in here and i will die on that hill!
THE OUTRAGEOUS LATE-NIGHT TELEVISION LEGEND!
Let two devil-may-care Frenchmen take you gently by the hand and lead you into a surreal alternative world of weird wonders, celebrity interviews, sexy supermodels – and more smut than you can shake a stick at!
Hosted by everyone's favourite Gallic charmers, Antoine de Caunes and Jean-Paul Gaultier, Eurotrash reigned supreme for over a decade and still sends a shiver down the spines of prudes and people of a nervous disposition to this day!
If you can imagine it then it's almost certainly been covered here by our two continental chums! Naked golf, rubber fetish weekends, pubic coiffeurs, Latino drag queens, the world's only brothel-tester, a human penguin, a man who convinced the world that cats can paint and Poland's erotic version of Jeremy Clarkson: if the thought of any or all of these lights up your humdrum existence then this 20-disc set of all sixteen series is just for you!

Amazon product

20 disks and 54 hours - released on the 26th Sept.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019

Been binging on this show the past couple of weeks and now I'm pissed the final 4th season is coming next year. I really thought the 3 seasons was all of it for wtvr reason. Hate having to wait now lol.

But anyways really good show. All 3 seasons thus far were good from start to finish. Shyamalan is the producer on it and he directs a bunch of episodes. There is just enough of his bs to make it tolerable and the story captivating. A lot of sad and fucked up things in it. Its really well made and the actors are all fantastic. The Philly urban setting and everything is really cozy too. There is just enough horror and mystery elements in it that it doesn't go too overboard.

But yea strong recommend. If you guys are looking for a good creepy mystery show to watch and you have AppleTV+ make sure to check it out. And the episodes are only 30min each too which was perfect.

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
I finally finished Squid Game a couple of days ago. Good twist and setup for a 2nd season.

Deleted member 113

The group shot of the cover reminded me of Housebound, somehow. Did you watch it ? Was it good ?
Do you mean Housebound, or Stoker?
For Housebound, that would be a no.
If it's about Stoker, yeah, I watched it (I have been listing what I watch each day ;)).

And I did enjoy Stoker, quite a lot actually. It's a slower paced film, which usually scares some people, but I found it to be quite moody, and it reminded me of some gothic films from the 50's/60's, mixed with a bit of folk horror. Lovely shot.

Reactions: LEANIJA and Li Kao

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
If it's about Stoker, yeah, I watched it (I have been listing what I watch each day ;)).

And I did enjoy Stoker, quite a lot actually. It's a slower paced film, which usually scares some people, but I found it to be quite moody, and it reminded me of some gothic films from the 50's/60's, mixed with a bit of folk horror. Lovely shot.
Yeah, I was talking about Housebound, but your answer about Stoker is interesting. The gothic mention pertains to my interests pretty good.

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria

Just wanted to add — I liked Stoker a lot :D

Reactions: Deleted member 113

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019

Watched Outer Range series on prime. Well that was one confusing mess of a tv series lol. One of those series you really enjoy at the start and then hate in the middle then love by the end. Some interesting syfy stuff with time traveling in it and Josh Brolin + the rest of the cast was pretty good. Setting and performances were good too.

Surprised it got renewed for a 2nd season tho. I don't remember any talk about it earlier in the year so it didn't come off as some popular show. So many other shows never see the 2nd season I guess good on Amazon for doing this. There is definitely more story to tell but the entire plot is tethering on the edge of really falling apart. It was a rare time where I needed to actually search for video explanation online after watching because some stuff wasn't really explained. But mysteries like that made me appreciate the show more.

I saw the new Halloween movie last night and was actually really surprised how much I liked it!
Good to hear. That last one was really dumb and boring. The first was just alright imo.

• Eyes
Reactions: Le Pertti