Actually I was looking something to emulate, hence the questionMegaApple , if you wanna try, you might as well play Stardew Valley, it's the best Harvest Moon game and it is a great game on its own.
As for Rune Factory games, there isn't anything quite like Rune Factory, Portia is probably closest we got and it's still not Rune Factory.
Keep in mind that these aren't short games though
Unfortunately 3DS emulation is still wonky.ah, I thought it's worded in a strange way
IDK, is RF4 possible to emulate? I'm very out of touch with emu scene these days, if it is, I'd go for that. I'd still take Stardew Valley over any older HM game, though.
I'm pretty sure that's not what unpolished means, kb/mouse controls are fine, everything works as should too. Controllers don't matter, obviously.Started playing a bit and it seems to be a really enjoyable game.
However, the game also feels somewhat unpolished, especially with regards to controller support. I'm playing with a Steam Controller, and half the time the tutorial popups for controls don't go away unless I use the corresponding keyboard key, and in other cases the button shown doesn't even perform the described action. I might give it another month or two before really diving in, since it seems to have left EA a bit too early.
Seriously I get more excited about buying stuff on sales than playing them nowadays. I was hyped for the various winter sales and so far I've played none of them yet lol.playing games is for nerds ... we just collect them!
I play lots of stuff in general. I started dead cells today (finally).Derrick playing a game that's not AAA? Madness!
This is fast becoming me. 100 games installed right now, play... 3 or 4 of them. This game being the main attention suck right now.Seriously I get more excited about buying stuff on sales than playing them nowadays. I was hyped for the various winter sales and so far I've played none of them yet lol.
I did try it, but setting the speed back to 100 didn't change it back for meanybody tried that new 50% speed option? I was told it is a bit buggy but I really want to use it.
- Add some environmental sounds – bugs buzzing sound in caves, birds chirping, and wind sounds.
- Add some character voices - female player voice 2, male player voice 3, Arlo, Lucy, and Albert.
- Add audio for mobs yell and llama footsteps.
- Added quest after marrying Gust - Family Dinner with Gust.
- Added quest after marrying Arlo - Exploring with Arlo.
- Added quest after marrying Emily - Dinner at Sophie's.
- Added quest after marrying Mint - Under the Sun.
- Added interactions with babies.
- Added a new cutscene where Django talks about the Mystery Knight. This can be triggered before the quest to find the third key after the Council meeting.
- Added the display of material sources in the workshop handbook diagrams.
- Added a new step that the player needs to go inside the factory to activate the Assembly Station podium.
- Added the ability to take photos with town folks on the Day of the Bright Sun.
- Added a new key binding option - the mouse side button can now be assigned.
- Added an on/off option for highlights. The default setting is off.
- Added a new feature - time is paused when taking photos.
- Added a new feature that your friend/spouse can gain some mood when player accomplish hazardous ruins' challenge with them during playing/dating.
- Added more displays in the Portia Museum.
- Added more dialogue for NPCs.
- Added a new feature that remaining Gols are displayed when playing slots.
- Added a new feature that NPCs might come to the player's home and send gifts on the player's birthday.
- Added photos of Bikini Flippers and Huge Snaillob to the photo album.
- Cancelled the chat option in the NPC's interaction bubbles during The Final Battle.
- Set fixed places for mounts to stay when the player is in combat during storyline missions. Example: Your horse will not follow you into battle during these missions.
- Optimised the graphics speed when playing the cutscene of the Final Battle.
- Shrunk the area of the Martial Arts Tournament entrance so the player has less chance of being shut out.
- Adjusted the number of birthday gifts the player can have, to 25.
- Adjusted the UI icons of the seasons and weather.
- Adjusted that the player will gain the diagram for the Triple Barrel Snakebite after the story of the Rat King.
- Adjusted the behaviour of babies after getting milk powder and toys.
- Adjusted that Arlo's quest ‘A Strong Man's Adventure’ needs to be triggered after building the Portia Bridge.
- Lowered the price of some fish to match the difficulty of catching them.
- Revised the description of the Rogue Knight's sword requiring LV70 to pick up.
- Fixed the problem that female player's ponytail cannot be dyed black.
- Fixed the problem that the female player's face doesn't display normally when in a cutscene.
- Fixed some art and collision problems.
- Fixed the problem that NPC's cannot be hurt during sparring.
- Fixed the problem that face make-up glows at night.
- Fixed the problem that the table is recycled repeatedly.
- Fixed the problem where Dawa will attempt to go to the desert before building the Portia Bridge.
- Fixed the problem that Sophie was stuck in her home during the Final Battle.
- Fixed the problem where Aadit sleeps in the wrong place in bed.
- Fixed the problem that Gust may be stuck inside A&G Construction Company.
- Fixed the animation, tools in hand and VFX problem of the workers.
- Fixed the animation problem when larger characters are fishing.
- Fixed the problem with seats being invisible inside Happy Apartments.
- Fixed the overlap problem of Merlin.
- Fixed the collision and location problem of Pumpkin Room.
- Fixed the possibility that the player could get stuck in the seat in Gust's room.
- Fixed the problem that some mob spawn points did not spawn mobs.
- Fixed the problem that changing the game time speed leads to more gifts being dropped on the airship during the Day of the Bright Sun.
- Fixed the problem that the table cannot be recycled if player has placed it incorrectly.
- Fixed the problem where NPCs may not sit around the table when attending the player's birthday party.
- Fixed the problem where the player can see the names of Pinky, Scraps and QQ before having enough hearts.
- Fixed the problem that some NPCs can't be hit during the Snowball Fight.
- Fixed the problem that the player doesn't get the rewards from the Portia Museum for collecting fish.
- Fixed the problem that the photo in Sam's home is bigger than the photo frame.
- Fixed the collision problem of the Civil Cutter.
- Fixed the light problems of some of the item preview pictures.
- Fixed the suspended items and floor clipping in the Western Plateau.
- Fixed the problem that the Rat King circles when being attacked.
- Fixed the problem where the player cannot get rewards on the Day of Memories.
- Fixed the problem that players cannot unlock the achievement when being 1st in the Day of Memories game.
- Fixed the problem that players cannot unlock the achievement when getting 3 swords in Slots.
- Fixed the bug where the player is unable to exit the dangerous ruins between 23:59 - 00:00.
- Fixed the bug that Aadit and Dawa sleep in a same bed.
- Fixed the bug that Gale gives the player money without having married Ginger.
- Fixed the missing icons on the social tab.
- Fixed the bug that the quantities of food taken from the banquet table are incorrect.
- Fixed the bug where NPCs follow the player onto the Martial Arts Tournament stage.
- Fixed the bug affecting the pose of some NPCs when taking a family photo.
- Fixed failing loading saves which used the calendar reminder feature.
- Fixed the problem where Gust or Ginger will transport to another place after chatting with them during the Snowball Fight.
I was so happy to finally see a status change! I'm now "associate" with a grand total of 6 people. None of them useful of course, because the people I need at a higher level for those sweet bonuses never post commissions that I can actually fulfil in a dayI'm still shocked how much work is to make friends in Portia, granted some bonuses are nice, but jeebus this will take ages!