Community New music / recommendations

「Echo」

鈴鹿御前。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever

Randomly started to whistle this old tune today. Even though I haven't heard it in probably 10 years.
Sometimes my brain just remembers these old things and makes sure it gets stuck in my head for a day lol.

Reactions: Stevey and lashman

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
They are great!

I love when musicians from different parts of the world take a genre and mix with musics from their own cultures. To keep it in the same theme I'm going to post some Brazilian bands mixing elements from our music with rock/metal.

Let me star with Machete Bomb, one thing that will grab your attention is the Cavaquinho (instrument usually used for samba and pagode) being played with a lot of effects like if it was a electric guitar and it sounds heavy.

Angra is well know around the world and in my humble opinion Holy Land is one of the best albums they released, specially the song Caroline IV. There are so many different elements and they all seem to stitch together in a way you couldn't expect.

Another great song from Angra is Late Redemption and they got Milton Nascimento to sing the parts in Portuguese who recorded one of the more iconic MPB albums called Clube da Esquina.

Chico Science (RIP) e Nação Zumbi, they are one of the bands that started a cultural movement called Manguebeat.

• Love
Reactions: lashman

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
in German-speaking countries, there are two huge punk-rock bands, Die Ärzte and Die Toten Hosen. They were both formed in 1982, and they had a rivalry/friendship for the longest time. I always preferred Die Ärzte (theyre my favourite band), but sometimes, I will listen excessively to Die Toten Hosen.

Right now is such a time. So I invite you to do the same ;)

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Die Toten Hosen, i haven't thought about them for probably a decade. I'm sure i saw them live the same year i saw Einsturzende Neubaten.
That was a mad year, lol.

Reactions: LEANIJA and lashman

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
I messed about with a Python app that did this but had tons of issues getting it to work but a VTuber i watch used this site.

What does it do?
Strips vocals from a track so you can use it for karaoke.

It seemed to work well and i thought the music peeps here would be interested. Might post in the irrelevant thread too.

The python lib it tried was called "Spleet", i really should give it another go.

Reactions: LEANIJA and lashman

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
If you liked that song and didnt already know King Crimson, heres some more

"Starless"

"In the Court of the Crimson King"

~

and some somber/melancholic songs:

dEUS – Nothing really ends

Calexico & Iron & Wine – 16, Maybe Less

Badly Drawn Boy – Another Devil Dies

All Strings Detached – What to do Love

Sun Kil Moon – Carry me Ohio

Steve Mason – Come to me

Wilco – War on War

Motorpsycho – Junior

Bonnie 'Prince' Billy – No Bad News

Monochrome – Closure

Einstürzende Neubauten – Sabrina

Reason: replaced "Closure" with a version that didnt have shit sound // and added E.N.s "Sabrina"
Last edited:

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Calexico, good choice. Always loved Giant Sand and the offshotts from them. An amazing bunch of musicians in those crews.

... and a bit of a change from the last vids just because....

... and FEK YEAH!

• Love
Reactions: lashman and LEANIJA