Community New music / recommendations

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018

Hammjerjacks free live stream...

and the greatest of all... Music from "The Adventures of Pete and Pete".
Insanely good selection of music in that series.

Have a playlist of awesome...

Reactions: lashman

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
New song by Das Rage:

Theyre a darkwave/indie band from Croatia that released one album 7 years ago and whilst I quite liked that, I had already lost hope they would record anything ever again. Glad they did! I hope another album will follow :)

Article about the new song, in Croatian: PREMIJERA: Das Rage – buntom protiv dosade pozivaju na ples

Their 2015 debut album:

(its not on Spotify for some reason)

dummmyy

Dumb fool
Nov 14, 2018
One of the first CDs I ever bought.
Still holds up today.

A really close friend of mine (more like a brother to me) passed away earlier this year. PJ was his favorite band, we gamed together a lot for about 12 years and the first three PJ records were our soundtrack for a big chunk of those 12 years. I'll miss him everyday, but hearing PJ makes me miss him even more.

• Sad
  • Love
Reactions: Stevey and lashman

KingKrouch

Dec 14, 2021
I've been listening to a lot of Bring Me The Horizon, Three Days Grace, and Starset lately to cope with the grieving process, things that have been going on lately, and manic depressive episodes. Some of Three Days Grace's songs in their new album "Explosions" are actually pretty good, and I think that Horizons from Starset would be one of my favorite albums in recent years (It's hard to find an outright mediocre track). A friend of mine actually recommended me BMTH, and I've lost count of how many times I've listened to their tracks on loop.

Would have a bunch of tracks that I'd recommend.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Someone made a Cyberpunk 2077 "French Fuse" Radio Station and to avoid copyright shizzle basically posted the Youtube playlist for people to grab and put into the game with the RadioExt mod.
Here's the "Preview" playlist they put up.

There's a longer one on the nexus mod page too.

French Fuse had a mashup/remix with Iniko so i tracked down another session of hers as they didn't link her the naughty lads.
( they may have linked her but i didn't see it )

Some chill ambience music from a channel i've been using while at work during the day and don't want any lyrics to distract me.
This channel, JediMaster, SpaceAmbient, Spacewave are examples of really good "working" channels for me.

... and this one for that Halloween approaches feel.

Last edited:
Reactions: dummmyy and lashman

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Cool :)

and artists on Warp Records, always reminds me of Aphex Twin, Squarepusher and Autechre :)

(Yeah that one was named after a computer virus :p )

~

there's a new Pixies album – dunno if its good, yet

~

a friend of mine just reminded me of this album:

~

(ABBA metal cover)
just shows good songs can work in any genre :)

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
New albums released today:

"Kind Hearts have a Run Run" by 22-Pistepirkko
A versatile, unique sounding band from Finland that's going strong for 40 years already. I originally got into them with their 1998 release "Eleven". They're one of those bands that always stay on my radar over the years. They're great! And this is their first album in 11 years! They had broken up for a while in 2015 but got back together, really glad they did, as it turned out quite good indeed :)

"As the Moon rests" by A.A. Williams
Beautiful, haunting songs that build up majestically. I mentioned her before and I was looking forward to this album a lot :)

Reason: typos, of course
Last edited:
OP

Deleted member 113

Since Everything But The Girl have announced their first new album in 24 years, here's a few tracks covering very different periods of their career, including a "rare" live performance (singer Tracey Thorn dislikes performing live, so the band gradually stopped touring):

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
WherePostRockDwells - Best of October Premiere

edit:
It seems there were some nasty audio glitches during encoding so it's been taken down and redone.
Shame as it was a bloody good set of releases in October and this was a great highlight reel.
I'll update when it's back.

edit: Updated with new upload.

Last edited: