Community New music / recommendations

teezzy

formerly 'deftones r cool'
Apr 19, 2019
lol. I could've sworn Gwar went with a chick singer once Oderus passed.

I was going to make a Heavy METAl COUNCIL thread here... but I guess that's more or less what this thread is for.

I've been jamming to my favorite two albums from last year quite a bit lately. Rolo Tomassi's Time Will Die and Love Will Bury It, and Revocation's The Outer Ones. Rolo Tomassi is very genre bending as a whole and the album so easily slips between ambient synth to black metal to pop punk-ish sounding stuff to like straight up jazz. Idk how they did it, tbh. Then Revocation's Dave Davidson slays so hard on guitar on the Outer Ones that I literally had to go out and immediately purchase his signature Dimarzio Imperium pickups despite the fact that my own playing still sounds like booty butt cheeks.

Glad to see so many headbangers here on MC.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
So I hyped TR/ST in here before about the new album, been listening to it a lot and I really like it, it's much poppier than before and I guess safer, there wasn't any one song that really stood out but overall the whole album is probably my favourite.

One of the songs that are my most liked on the album at the moment.

Reactions: lashman

Frecklestein

Tender, Violent and Queer.
Oct 23, 2018

New IDLES track out today!

Discovering Young Fathers, really enjoying this one right now.

Too many to choose from the new Vampire Weekend album, but married in a gold rush is amazing. Plus, it features Danielle from HAIM an HAIM is dope.

Sometimes factory pop is fun

More IDLES because why not?

OP

Deleted member 113

Another new Rammstein video, but it's blocked for me :((((
I can't see it either, but from the title and screenshot displayed that's their cover of Depeche Mode's Stripped, so it's not a new song or video. :)

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Another new Rammstein video, but it's blocked for me :((((
They are really leaning into their older sound with these new songs. Don't really care for this one though, Depche Mode doesn't suit them, imo.
And I was not expecting the nudity on Youtube.

OP

Deleted member 113

They are really leaning into their older sound with these new songs. Don't really care for this one though, Depche Mode doesn't suit them, imo.
And I was not expecting the nudity on Youtube.
It's not a new song, nor video. :)
It's actually around 20 years old, and was recorded for a Depeche Mode tribute compilation, For the Masses (which also included covers by The Cure, The Smashing Pumpkins, Deftones, GusGus, Hooverphonic, and more). It's a very cool tribute compilation, I own it.

The video is made with clips from Leni Riefenstahl's Olympia. Beautiful footage, but sadly, there's a dark background to it, since it was essentially Nazi propaganda.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
That's both a relief and good to know. Isnt that director of Triumph of the Will infamy?
Now I can see why in some uninformed circles the band is seen as support nazism.
It's not a new song, nor video. :)
It's actually around 20 years old, and was recorded for a Depeche Mode tribute compilation, For the Masses (which also included covers by The Cure, The Smashing Pumpkins, Deftones, GusGus, Hooverphonic, and more). It's a very cool tribute compilation, I own it.

The video is made with clips from Leni Riefenstahl's Olympia. Beautiful footage, but sadly, there's a dark background to it, since it was essentially Nazi propaganda.

Reactions: Deleted member 113
OP

Deleted member 113

That's both a relief and good to know. Isnt that director of Triumph of the Will infamy?
Now I can see why in some uninformed circles the band is seen as support nazism.
Yeah, it's from her. It's from the first of two films she did covering the Berlin Olympics.
Beautifully shot, like everything she did. Sadly, the motives and messages behind them don't match the visual quality, to say the least.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
The new Rammstein album has leaked!

I approve of this album, first listen was very positive for me.
Dayumn, for reals?
And here i was just comin' in here to post about how excited i am for its release tomorrow! 👀

€: NIIIIICE

Last edited:
OP

Deleted member 113

Allow me to be incredibly presumptuous, and post one of my own remixes. :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

I was a big fan of Depeche Mode in the 80's up until mid-90's. But, starting with their album Exciter, they lost me.
When they released that album, I disliked one of their then new tracks so much (I Feel Loved), I decided to do an alternate, heavier version myself.

Earlier today, I was listening to it for the first time in years, so as a curiosity, here it is:

Last edited by a moderator:

OSatan

OFather OSun
Happy Rammstein album release day thread!

I def like this album more than LIFAD so it is a win for me, it's basically its polar opposite way better lyrics but the music is the suspect one.

I would describe this as their kabarett album like the goth sound of old but heavy on electronica, cyber goth if you will.

If you disliked Radio for the synth or tanzeness Ausländer is worst way worst like Eurovision worst but they never go farther than those 2. They also pay tribute to the arena rock synths of the 80s and some to their indrustrial roots.

Diamant for me is a welcome addition to their ballad canon, their best one in years probably.
Puppe may not be their heaviest or darkest but nothing in their discography prepares you for it.
Sex suffers from the production on this album there is no filth nor lust in it is so plain.

That is in general the problem with this album the new production too plain too normalized nothing attacks you like you expect Rammstein to sound, I won't say pop but it does sound gentle.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018

I def like this album more than LIFAD so it is a win for me, it's basically its polar opposite way better lyrics but the music is the suspect one.

I would describe this as their kabarett album like the goth sound of old but heavy on electronica, cyber goth if you will.

If you disliked Radio for the synth or tanzeness Ausländer is worst way worst like Eurovision worst but they never go farther than those 2. They also pay tribute to the arena rock synths of the 80s and some to their indrustrial roots.

Diamant for me is a welcome addition to their ballad canon, their best one in years probably.
Puppe may not be their heaviest or darkest but nothing in their discography prepares you for it.
Sex suffers from the production on this album there is no filth nor lust in it is so plain.

That is in general the problem with this album the new production too plain too normalized nothing attacks you like you expect Rammstein to sound, I won't say pop but it does sound gentle.
Lyrically, Puppe is dark af, like, jeez.
I'm really into the choir they use in Zeig Dich, but i generally fancy elements of choirs and classic in music a lot.
The album is definitely missing some heavier stuff but Tattoo proves that they still totally can if they want to.

OSatan

OFather OSun
Lyrically, Puppe is dark af, like, jeez.
I'm really into the choir they use in Zeig Dich, but i generally fancy elements of choirs and classic in music a lot.
The album is definitely missing some heavier stuff but Tattoo proves that they still totally can if they want to.
Yeah agree there, Puppe is getting all the attention but Zeig Dich is a brilliant new frontier for them and they cruise it perfectly.

Falexandre

Dec 7, 2018
Great thread, lots of stuff in my to listen playlist.
Not new, but noone posted anything by either of them, and you should listen to them.
Australia's Ne Obliviscaris - And Plague Flowers the Kaleidoscope

Japan's Mono - Burial At Sea

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto

It's launching itself into the running for my album of the year, even if it's definitely not their heaviest work to date.

---
On another note:

Some heavy space/psychedelic rock for you guys from Kitchener Ontario's Hawkeyes. Bliss out

Last edited: