Community Pet Paradise - Post Everything about your pets!

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
My cat 芝麻 (Sesame)

So a sad thing usually happens near my wife's work once a year. Somebody abandons, usually a liter of babies, animals. It was usually always dogs. They took the two in and rest find homes for. Anyways six months ago somebody dumped a box of kitten. About six of them. Now I felt like cats are harder to find homes for, so I told my wife we should at minimum take one home. So I sit there wanting them all but I can't really take them all. Limitation of living and all that, so I check all their genders. Mostly were boys. So I went for a girl (as females harder to find homes here). Kind of choose the not too quiet and less afraid one:
Decided on the name 芝麻 which is Sesame in English.

Picture from today:

We think she is 7 months or so old now.

Last edited:

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
So a sad thing usually happens near my wife's work once a year. Somebody abandons, usually a liter of babies, animals. It was usually always dogs. They took the two in and rest find homes for. Anyways six months ago somebody dumped a box of kitten. About six of them. Now I felt like cats are harder to find homes for, so I told my wife we should at minimum take one home. So I sit there wanting them all but I can't really take them all. Limitation of living and all that, so I check all their genders. Mostly were boys. So I went for a girl (as females harder to find homes here). Kind of choose the not too quiet and less afraid one:
That's terrible that animals are abandoned like that. It's comforting to hear that most are able to find homes.

And sadly your guess was probably right. It's hard to find homes for cats here too. Like you said male cats can be a little easier, but still very difficult usually.

That was a great thing you and your wife did by taking and caring for Sesame. She's a very cute cat.

:wd_heart:

Minerva

Cat Loaf Enthusiast
Apr 17, 2019
blindrhythm - omg Wally is soooo fluffy!! That tail! What a seriously gorgeous coat :smiling-face-with-heart-shaped-eyes: I love how unenthused they are with the toy lol

MonthOLDpickle - Holy cow Sesame is gorgeous!! It looks like maybe she's got a bit of Egyptian Mau in her (face looks a lot like my friend's two kitties) I see you have one of those traveling backpacks that you can put cats in.. I really need to get me one of those. Thanks so much for the pictures!! I love her :cat-heart-blob:

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
blindrhythm - omg Wally is soooo fluffy!! That tail! What a seriously gorgeous coat :smiling-face-with-heart-shaped-eyes: I love how unenthused they are with the toy lol

MonthOLDpickle - Holy cow Sesame is gorgeous!! It looks like maybe she's got a bit of Egyptian Mau in her (face looks a lot like my friend's two kitties) I see you have one of those traveling backpacks that you can put cats in.. I really need to get me one of those. Thanks so much for the pictures!! I love her :cat-heart-blob:
I love that some pictures make him look like he's almost more tail than cat. It's also something that makes me happy seeing how full it is nowadays. Plus I finally got to show off his one lone toe sock. :cat-heart-blob:

I think I mentioned how he nearly lost his tail two years ago. It was entirely that dark brown color, but after his injury it grew back beige near the base of his tail.

And yeah, he's a little brat when it comes to play time. He'll find a toy or gently swat at my leg when he wants to play, but within a few minutes of starting he's bored. I can lay the toy directly on him and he'll stay there with the same unimpressed look. :LOL:

Minerva

Cat Loaf Enthusiast
Apr 17, 2019
I love that some pictures make him look like he's almost more tail than cat. It's also something that makes me happy seeing how full it is nowadays. Plus I finally got to show off his one lone toe sock. :cat-heart-blob:

I think I mentioned how he nearly lost his tail two years ago. It was entirely that dark brown color, but after his injury it grew back beige near the base of his tail.

And yeah, he's a little brat when it comes to play time. He'll find a toy or gently swat at my leg when he wants to play, but within a few minutes of starting he's bored. I can lay the toy directly on him and he'll stay there with the same unimpressed look. :LOL:
You definitely can't even tell he had an injury to it!! That's amazing how well it grew back. Poor thing though :cryingwhyblob:

I am also very lazy at heart, I feel you Wally! :cat-pizza-blob: Big plans but little motivation lol

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Ellie was looking fancy this morning.

She's adorable when she runs because her fluff makes her look like a big waddling fat cat despite her being very smol.
Ha! That describes Wally pretty well too. He's got a bit of a prance when he runs, kind of that bouncy/gliding across the ground thing that some smaller dogs do.

Rona decided she had a bunch to say yesterday so I popped on the camera...and she immediately stopped lol. She still had a few words to get out though.
"There are just too many fluffy kitties on that forum! This cannot stand, they must know that I am the fluffiest of all! Get the camera and I shall tell them!"

I love how talkative she is. Very cute. :cat-heart-blob:

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
very chatty indeed! :D
I love how talkative she is. Very cute. :cat-heart-blob:
She used to be super quiet when we first got her but at some point after she would just take to hiding under the bed in the office from the other cat we had at the time, I would just talk to her all the time while I was playing on my PC in there to try and make her comfortable.

Eventually she started to respond to me from under the bed and then got the courage to come out and mingle normally and has been a little chatty cat since. Seems like that bonded her to me pretty well cause now she's my little shadow and will come running if I call for her (but won't give anyone else the same treatment 😸).

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
She used to be super quiet when we first got her but at some point after she would just take to hiding under the bed in the office from the other cat we had at the time, I would just talk to her all the time while I was playing on my PC in there to try and make her comfortable.

Eventually she started to respond to me from under the bed and then got the courage to come out and mingle normally and has been a little chatty cat since. Seems like that bonded her to me pretty well cause now she's my little shadow and will come running if I call for her (but won't give anyone else the same treatment 😸).
she really does sound like the sweetest cat out there :D

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
She really is! We call her our little diva cause she's adorable when she's happy but she's about as picky as they come and if she's unhappy she lets out a long meow like a little whine. Only special foods for her, a special brush to get that fur under control, and she refuses to lay on any non-flat surfaces so she hates cat beds or laps. But her favorite beds are a piece of paper on the ground (seriously), her cardboard scratcher, or someone's chest lol

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
She really is! We call her our little diva cause she's adorable when she's happy but she's about as picky as they come and if she's unhappy she lets out a long meow like a little whine. Only special foods for her, a special brush to get that fur under control, and she refuses to lay on any non-flat surfaces so she hates cat beds or laps. But her favorite beds are a piece of paper on the ground (seriously), her cardboard scratcher, or someone's chest lol
she sure sounds like a handful ... but i'm sure it's more than worth is :) she's great!

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019

It's amazing seeing and hearing how pets bond to people in different ways.

We call her our little diva cause she's adorable when she's happy but she's about as picky as they come.
Ha! Guess my earlier dialogue might not have been too far off after all. :LOL:

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
She's definitely worth it. My wife and I just love to make fun because our last cat (who sadly passed at 18 around the beginning of the year) was the most non-cat cat out there. My wife had Spock as a child from the time she was a really little kitten (had to be bottle fed) and carried her around like a baby so she would prefer to be held like that, belly out. She also never jumped, never made a mess, was the furthest thing from picky (she preferred the cheapest Friskies/Whiskas food), and had basically no interest in catnip or toys. She just lived for the cuddle life. So Rona actually being like a cat was a change for us. :LOL:

Some Spock pics since I brought her up (iCloud makes sure I've always got cat pics at the ready)

Ha! Guess my earlier dialogue might not have been too far off after all. :LOL:
It's 100% accurate for what she'd say lol

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
My wife and I just love to make fun because our last cat (who sadly passed at 18 around the beginning of the year) was the most non-cat cat out there.
Sorry to hear that. It's never easy. :crying-face:

Some Spock pics since I brought her up (iCloud makes sure I've always got cat pics at the ready)
Very adorable! :cat-heart-blob:

There's a large male cat that stops by here every spring and summer that looks a lot like Spock. Slightly lighter fur color though.

And I've got to get a pic of Poog chasing a groundhog one of these days. I almost got one earlier.. unfortunately my phone was charging at the time and when I got back the groundhog was already gone.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Browsing over the last few pages, I've gotta say you all -- without exception -- have beautiful pet pals! My current place doesn't let me have animals around unfortunately, so all I can do is gawk at others' :( I grew up in a household where we always had a dog around, so I'd love to adopt one from a shelter myself eventually.

Last edited:

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Browsing over the last few pages, I've gotta say you all -- without exception -- have beautiful pet pals!
Thanks! :)

My current place doesn't let me have animals around unfortunately, so all I can do is gawk at others' :( I grew up in a household where we always had a dog around, so I'd love to adopt one from a shelter myself eventually.
Ah that sucks. Hopefully you'll be sharing some pupper or kitty (or both) pics with us in the near future.

And adoption is a great choice! You'll be making some pet's day when that time comes. :cat-heart-blob:

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Two more farm kitties. Just have one more to get, Cookies. She hasn't come back since she had her littler and took off with them. Which isn't uncommon since she's done it before, but this is the longest she's been gone so that's a bit worrying.

Nilla

Bubbles (the mom of every kitty out there except Cookies)

And yeah.. I got her with food on her face. Sorry, Bubbles! :LOL:

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
you're SO lucky ... so many awesome cats around! :)
Ha! That's not all either. Three groundhogs, a family of raccoons (they've since moved on thankfully.. after stealing a food bowl), an opossum (don't think it survived the winter..) and on Friday there were two deer in the driveway as I was coming back from the store.

Also had a family of foxes in one of the barns about 10 years ago. And of course the countless rabbits that run around out there every year.

In case anyone is curious, no I don't feed all of those too. I love animals but even I have my limits. :p

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Ha! That's not all either. Three groundhogs, a family of raccoons (they've since moved on thankfully.. after stealing a food bowl), an opossum (don't think it survived the winter..) and on Friday there were two deer in the driveway as I was coming back from the store.

Also had a family of foxes in one of the barns about 10 years ago. And of course the countless rabbits that run around out there every year.

In case anyone is curious, no I don't feed all of those too. I love animals but even I have my limits. :p
haha ... damn, so many animals ... you really are lucky! :) and i'm so jelly, haha

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
I adopted a cat myself last weekend but already had to take her to the vet because she wouldn't eat. She's very stressed out, was at the shelter too.
Meet Dot
Aww! Black cats are great! Dot looks like she'll be such a sweet cat once she is able to settle in and get used to having a family.

Lilly a.k.a. Stinker (12y/o)

Lazy af and loves to cuddle.
So many fluffy kitties showing up! Awesome! Lilly is a cute, sleepy fluff ball. :cat-heart-blob:

Sounds like one of mine. Mitsy is going to be 13 this year and still purrs like crazy every night when it's bedtime. Always has to get under the blanket with her head poking out right next to my face.

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
Did you confine her to a room, smallish one? What I mean is, with the cats I have ever got I have found this works best. I will stick a litter box, food, and water in a bedroom or bathroom (smaller is best). Then I put the cat in there and keep the door shut. I leave it shut for a few days. This way they got a small room where they can see everything and explore it, I feel like it becomes a "safe" area for them. After a few days I will leave the door slightly open. The important part is to let the cat do things on their own. So when the cat feels "brave" enough they will venture out and if anything happens they got a safe place to go back to.

My two cents, worked on the cats I have had so far.

Blizniak

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2018
Did you confine her to a room, smallish one? What I mean is, with the cats I have ever got I have found this works best. I will stick a litter box, food, and water in a bedroom or bathroom (smaller is best). Then I put the cat in there and keep the door shut. I leave it shut for a few days. This way they got a small room where they can see everything and explore it, I feel like it becomes a "safe" area for them. After a few days I will leave the door slightly open. The important part is to let the cat do things on their own. So when the cat feels "brave" enough they will venture out and if anything happens they got a safe place to go back to.

My two cents, worked on the cats I have had so far.
I appreciate all advice as this is my first pet ever and I started with a more difficult one ;)
She's in my room which I try to leave her alone in as much as possible. She was comfortable walking around after dusk, used litter and drank water but simply would not eat. After the visit at the vet yesterday she started eating, today they put a pheromone collar on her to help calm her down and I got a catnip spray on the way to hopefully help her explore.