|OT| Post comething completely irrelevant!

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Other than watch youtube and anime and kinda study kanji I’ve been feeling like doing jackshit

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
Just sold my version 1 switch for $65 profit than the time I bought it new, it's been collecting dust since I've finished odyssey and botw and with the staying at home thing, don't really see any need for it. And a new switch is actually pricier than the xbx and ps4 pro in my country now. Crazy.
Selling stuff you dont use is quite a reliever.

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
Major parks in NJ have reopened.

I'm busy this weekend but I'm going to get out there soon! Been walking close to 4 miles a day just to prep up!

Just gotta wait til the casuals stop play hiking. And no, I'm not sorry about calling people cloging the 1 mile loop or 3/4 mile gravel trail that I need to use to get to the real trails 'casuals'. You didn't hike before, you have no right to complain now.

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
Something I don't get, and sucks that USA has tainted another thing, it's how the color red is for the political right while for the rest of the world it's for the left.
Current admin has tainted the word 'taint', somehow.

Red was easy pickings.

Reactions: Le Pertti

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Sam Lloyd, Ted from Scrubs has passed. I haven't watched that show for years and yet i still remembered who it was.
Thanks for everything, Ted... Sincerely.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
The design of the "Optimised for Series X" logo looks garbage to me. I wonder if the designers put a bunch of concepts out in front of management and were thinking "Don't pick that one. Don't pick that one. Oh, they picked it. Now i'm sad."? I know it's supposed to be the shape of the square tower case but blech.

Reactions: ISee

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
The design of the "Optimised for Series X" logo looks garbage to me. I wonder if the designers put a bunch of concepts out in front of management and were thinking "Don't pick that one. Don't pick that one. Oh, they picked it. Now i'm sad."? I know it's supposed to be the shape of the square tower case but blech.
I’m 99% sure thats how it went.

source: my ex is a graphic designer

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
I almost burn myself with boiling water and bit my tongue and left a mark on it while eating. How’s your day going?

• Love
Reactions: Li Kao

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I almost burn myself with boiling water and bit my tongue and left a mark on it while eating. How’s your day going?
Hug ! :cat-heart-blob:

My day was empty, as pretty much every others. No social life, no job, nothing.
I didn't bite my tongue, though. I guess a win is a win ! :thinking-face:

Reactions: NarohDethan

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
Been away for a week of hell and personal tragedy. Currently in week one of three weeks of moving offices hell.

Only thing I need to get off my chest is that I have a deep hatred for certain well known members of Resetera and the New Neogaf. Never before have I seen such fucking self righteous, judgmental and over self assured fucks. Goddamn I wish that I hadn't asked for a self requested ban from both places after awhile, would've been lovely to distract myself from personal, work and devastating family issues by sending some heat to those people. Who fucking deserve every inch of it.

Reactions: Li Kao

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Still with this disproportionate anger toward online people, my friend :anguished-face:
Learn to not give a fuck about them, they are certainly not worth it. Current internet is a shit show not worth getting angry over. You look for like minded people, and just live and let live.
At the end of the day you are the only one who suffer because of those people, not them.
I hope I'm not too preachy. That sounded too preachy :thinking-blob:

Which is not to say I missed your point, I'm sorry to learn that your life is terrible these days. For what it's worth, we are here if you need to talk about it.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Just realized, that if it is true that there are infinite amount of parallel universes, if that also included the rules of universes to have variations, then one could safely say that every movie, tv, game, anime; EVERY STORY EVER TOLD would be perfectly mirrored in one universe.

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
Still with this disproportionate anger toward online people, my friend :anguished-face:
Learn to not give a fuck about them, they are certainly not worth it. Current internet is a shit show not worth getting angry over. You look for like minded people, and just live and let live.
At the end of the day you are the only one who suffer because of those people, not them.
I hope I'm not too preachy. That sounded too preachy :thinking-blob:

Which is not to say I missed your point, I'm sorry to learn that your life is terrible these days. For what it's worth, we are here if you need to talk about it.
Well, you're right and probably my fault for even reading certain places and letting how they talk to and about fellow human beings affect me. Cavalier nastiness really had an effect on me past couple of years, which I then weaponized myself in inappropriate ways. Like the cycle of shitiness.

As bad as things get, I've still got my job and although I'm estranged from my SO and most of my friends and loved ones, I've still got nearly all of them around. So plus.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Just realized, that if it is true that there are infinite amount of parallel universes, if that also included the rules of universes to have variations, then one could safely say that every movie, tv, game, anime; EVERY STORY EVER TOLD would be perfectly mirrored in one universe.
This means there is at least one universe in which i am Asuka Langley 👀👀👀

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
There's a show on German TV where two comedians battle their employer (the TV station Pro 7) in a gameshow. When the station wins, the comedians have to do something for the station, presumably embarassing (I never watched it nor even heard of it prior to today).

When the comedians win, however, they get 15 minutes primetime to use however they choose.
This time, they chose to tackle sexual harassment towards women, and they did it in a really well done manner. Of course they presented it very compact and with shock elements (they basically open with a gallery of dickpics that women receive out of the blue) - but at the same time, none of it comes as a shock or surprise to women. They already have to deal with all that is shown: unasked-for advances, insults, catcalling, groping, you name it.

It is also not surprising for men that have actually talked to their female friends before and know that is a reality for many women. However, it is a very serious and important topic, and I feel they managed to really hammer it home, as much as it hurts to watch at times.

Give it a look. It has English subtiltes.

Reactions: ISee and lashman

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
I usually try to stay inside my twitter bubble but i made the rare mistake of clicking on that Elon Musk tweets and reading the comments

Man

Like man

I am not sure who is the bigger fool, the bootlickers, or those who are trying to argue with them like they are capable of being saved?
Or is it me for actually, for making myself suffer to witness it?

Social Media and the US are both constructed diseases that lead to nothing but suffering for everything in their wake.

Gn8

Reactions: NarohDethan