|OT| Post comething completely irrelevant!

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Well that's a massive bag of shit :(
I was expecting to pick up my new phone and contract today but instead it looks like i'll be returning the phone and going to a SIM only contract saving me £20-£40 a month. Seems like EE have brought in a new restriction where they require a passport or driver's licence as photo ID and i have neither so the phone goes back and i go SIM only and EE lose money. I'm not paying for ID i won't use just so i can pick up a new phone.

Looks like i'll be keeping my Pixel 2 for the foreseeable future unless i can still order a Pixel 4 from Google, hmmmmm.

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
Shoutout to my Twin brother, who today is embarking on a two day camping/cabin trip with his wife, three year old son and one and a half year old son. The man deserves the Presidential Medal of Freedom for bravery.

My hero :awwblob:

Last edited:

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
If you see a game for 60 bucks at a brick and mortar store (think Mexican GameStop but not as scummy) and Amazon has the same game for 50, is it more ethical to buy it right there since it is a national company and no extra fuel would be used to deliver the game to you, and stop giving money to Amazon. Or, fuck the planet I’m poor give me my extra 10 bucks?

Reactions: Trisolarian

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
If you see a game for 60 bucks at a brick and mortar store (think Mexican GameStop but not as scummy) and Amazon has the same game for 50, is it more ethical to buy it right there since it is a national company and no extra fuel would be used to deliver the game to you, and stop giving money to Amazon. Or, fuck the planet I’m poor give me my extra 10 bucks?
I don't buy stuff from amazon or subscribe to any of their prime programs but not everyone is me.

If you need those $10, you need those $10.

Rando10123

Sep 15, 2019
Always remember that there's no ethical consumption under Capitalism and your individual choices won't have much of an impact anyway.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I have a lot of questions about this video but I'm too afraid to know the answers
it's CGI :p but seeing some of those real Boston Dynamics videos really makes you think they're going to eventually do something like that for real, lol

Reactions: MJunioR

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Naming no names but a certain big multinational game developer/publisher's tech support is really disappointing! You need to submit DXDiag as TEXT and, my brain hurts, Event Log records as SCREENSHOTS because their tech-guys can't parse XML! sigh

Now they want me to underclock my RTX 2070 from it's factory defaults somehow, right. How shoddy is this port? ffs!? To top it all there some little fan-boy in the steam discussions berating anyone who expects some kind of service from the poor old multi-million dollar, multi-national corporation. ffs2!?

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
What should I get children for Halloween

-snickers
-a lesson on accepting the disappointments of life
-new type of m&m
-mix of herseys little chocolates

Reactions: NarohDethan

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
I'd say do this:
Option A
Option C
Option D
Eat Option A, C, D in front of the kids
Option B auto-completed!

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
I'd say do this:
Option A
Option C
Option D
Eat Option A, C, D in front of the kids
Option B auto-completed!
I like the cut of your jib on this....

However and tragically, I only like Dark Chocolate and I really don't care for the sweeter chocolates, so it'd just be a waste to buy all of that candy.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
What should I get children for Halloween

-snickers
-a lesson on accepting the disappointments of life
-new type of m&m
-mix of herseys little chocolates
Is it an anime costume --> Yes --> Snickers
|
No
|
Is it a fortnite costume --> Yes --> A kick in the nuts
|
No
|
M&M's

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Just realized something weird, I've switched which hand I drink coffee with. I used to drink coffee with my left hand before, because I always drink while using my computer and before since the mouse was on the right I drank from the left, but now since I use a laptop only I drink coffee from the right!:D

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
The Christmas season starts on Friday and

A) Its still Halloween season until Sunday night after halloween
B) Its fucking november
C) Fuck Christmas
D) The weather sucks, no one is fucking jolly
E) I wouldn't hate it if it didn't last two goddamn months
F) Double fuck christmas

Reactions: lashman

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
This afternoon...

Pulmonologist: I see there's no photo in your medical file. When was the last time you had one taken?
Me: Er... two years ago for my new identity card...
Pulmonologist: looks at me like I was talking Russian
Me: Is that okay?
Pulmonologist: Let's see if I can get you an appointment at radiology...

I'm so stupid sometimes 😂

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Winter days approaching at a rabid pace remind me once more how much i want to spoon with someone

but i can not

:NotLikeDis:

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Oh God i've been inflicted with the Steam Client update and i still hate it. I just want the old, unfussy, quick to load, minimal interface back. Now i have to have Steam take up a big chunk of desktop because of all the white-space and stupid big pictures.

This is actually putting me off using Steam for the moment, it's horrid. It just looks like someone threw a bunch of shit in a scrap-book and went, yeah that looks like a bunch of random shit. People will love it.

Where is "Collapse All" for example?, fuck me this Client seems like work now. I hope someone finds a way to change the layout and releases mod files so i can go back to simpleer, cleaner, quicker times when i actually wanted to engage with content. This is just driving me away.

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
Almost got into a fist fight for the first time in over decade. Some guy with his acura SUV was blocking three parking spots in front of a gas station. I made a "come on man" gesture and the dude gave me the finger and went ballistic, pulled next my parking spot, got out and stepped up screaming about Respect and little shit (I was taller than the guy, guess it was because this dude was 50 and I look younger than 31) and I was like respect, I didn't give you the finger, why are you blocking three spots, calm down fool and he said "one more word" and I said have a nice day and walked away. Younger me might not have. So stupid. Was still in his car when I got back, didn't say a peep to me lol. His life must have just blown up or something. I don't give people the finger but I guess the trigger on some people is small.

Moral of the story, ignore fools, saps them of their power.

Reactions: EdwardTivrusky

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
I've been working on a single project for the whole year (I'm sorry that I'm not being super specific here, hope you understand). It's a multi-stage work and so far the results have been okay-ish, but now I'm on the last and most difficult phase of said project. Tomorrow I'll be doing the last but one presentation about this project and either it works or it's time to start thinking about 2020.

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
I've been working on a single project for the whole year (I'm sorry that I'm not being super specific here, hope you understand). It's a multi-stage work and so far the results have been okay-ish, but now I'm on the last and most difficult phase of said project. Tomorrow I'll be doing the last but one presentation about this project and either it works or it's time to start thinking about 2020.
Oh, I get it. Best of luck mate

:wd_heart:

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
I'm gonna try something new tonight: off-screen gaming. :giggle:

A colleague is introducing me and a few other colleagues (including our manager) to Dungeons & Dragons. We've already designed my character: I'm gonna be a half orc eldritch knight. Not sure what to expect, but I'm looking forward to it!

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
I think I might have a date on Saturday! But it's one of those "too good to be true" kind of things. She's way too gorgeous haha, I was so sure she was a catfish but we talked on the phone today. I'm super nervous! Sure I've been with pretty women but not like this. It's days away and I'm already so nervous I can't sleep.XD
Always remember to take her home to show her how big videogames have become.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
I'm gonna try something new tonight: off-screen gaming. :giggle:

A colleague is introducing me and a few other colleagues (including our manager) to Dungeons & Dragons. We've already designed my character: I'm gonna be a half orc eldritch knight. Not sure what to expect, but I'm looking forward to it!
I loved, loved, loved my Table-Top Gaming Club back in the day. It was held upstairs in a "Working Man's Club" and it was essential to get a Pie and a Beer sometime in the evening. We mainly had Rolemaster and Spacemaster sessions going but there were a bunch of proper Grognards who setup a 3 table tableau each week and played proper miniature battles with tape-measures and historical fact arguing.

Me and another guy in our group hit it off really well and while the others would be planning characters after each "mission" we would come up with our own scenarios and make the GM improvise on the spot. So Kev would say "I see Ed running towards me waving his arms at me." and so began most of our adventures which usually involved gate-crashing weddings or breaking into breweries. The GM loved us for it. heh.

In Spacemaster I think i was a Human Medic with stress-related self-medication tendencies. Basically when things got real i'd self-medicate until i was high as a kite and relatively useless. Good times.

Reactions: Ge0force

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
I had to bail from work today. My stomach wasnt cooperating and I didnt want to be known as the guy who puked on the carpet and shat himself

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
I had to bail from work today. My stomach wasnt cooperating and I didnt want to be known as the guy who puked on the carpet and shat himself
You aren't the first person that left work today because of this. Actually, two friends of mine had to head to the hospital mid work a couple hours ago because they were having some serious stomachache :face-with-open-mouth:

Get better soon!

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
You aren't the first person that left work today because of this. Actually, two friends of mine had to head to the hospital mid work a couple hours ago because they were having some serious stomachache :face-with-open-mouth:

Get better soon!
It doesnt hurt that much but the stomach is my weak point. I'm simply wondering for hours if I'm going to puke and stuff.

Reactions: Pommes

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
It doesnt hurt that much but the stomach is my weak point. I'm simply wondering for hours if I'm going to puke and stuff.
Join the club. I never know if food or drinks will upset my stomach or not. It's annoying as f*ck and it took me a while before it stopped having a significant impact on my life.

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
Well good think I returned home, puked several times in the evening u_u

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
If only Twitter threads has [SEE STAFF POST] to prevent something like this from happening ever again. :dana_blanket:
See, then the problem would be passive aggressive sniping, line skirting, favoritism, paranoia , shameless hypocrisy and holier than thou pontification.

Sometimes, a "fuck you" is good, it doesn't let the rage and rot linger.

Reactions: EdwardTivrusky