News Sports, Anyone?

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
That was a great Semi final. Italy got a bit lucky i think, Spain could've had a few if they only had somebody who could score (like Harry Kane). Italy very dangerous on the break though. Great match all round. Pens is such a sad way to go out.

If England win tonight its coming home but if Denmark win I really hope they take it home on a temporary basis until it properly comes home.

Reactions: Pommes

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Very predictable end tbh.

The Italians were grouped up all laughing and smiling/hugging right before penalties started.

The English on the other hand stood around with fear on their faces. Too much pressure and inexperience etc.

Plus England way too complacent once they have a lead. They needed to go for more goals in first half. They would have lost to the Denmark too if that went to penalties.

Also they need to stick to 0ne country the whole tournament. Its complete bs England got to play semi and final on home field.

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Such a classic England way to end the tournament. Take an early lead to put maximum pressure on from the start, then sit back and let a very good team attack us for 88+mins, eventually scoring and taking it to pens. Thats the England i know.

Italy were better on the night so they deserved it. Hope everyone over there is enjoying a good celebration. Sucks for England fans but its par for the course so i think we will bounce back quick enough.

Been a pretty good tournament overall. And you know....there is a world cup next year........so.......

ITS COMING HOME!!!!!

Reactions: TheTrain

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
The new Hundred Cricket starts tonight, anyone here into Cricket? Its like Twenty20 but shorter!

Ive got tickets to the Eliminator and the Finals day so interested to see how the game will play out.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
I watched a bit of this and was thinking the exact same thing. This even seemed really lame hahah
Yeah, I'd never be able to pull even something like that, but those runs left me thinking if that was the warm up or something cause it was the most basic shit.

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Off to the Hundred Eliminator tomorrow at the Oval (Cricket). Really looking forward to it, got tickets for some friends as well that i haven't seen for ages. The tournament so far has been good fun, seems like a great spirit at the games, good family atmosphere. Can't beat live sport that you are interested in.

dummmyy

Dumb fool
Nov 14, 2018
Trying to get into Rally Car Racing. Does anybody have any youtube channels i could sub to or point me in the right direction as to where to keep up / get into it? thanks!

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Breh that race was an absolute shitshow of stewarding.
Just finished watching it. Crazy season overall with a lot of iffy stewarding. Shame really, i like F1 but its been a bit of an up and down season. Needs to be a much clearer set of rules that are properly enforced so that the team bosses don't go all winey moany so much.

Feel bad for Lewis, had the better race, lead all the way and i feel he got robbed a bit at the end. Guy is a class act though, gracious in defeat.

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
Just finished watching it. Crazy season overall with a lot of iffy stewarding. Shame really, i like F1 but its been a bit of an up and down season. Needs to be a much clearer set of rules that are properly enforced so that the team bosses don't go all winey moany so much.

Feel bad for Lewis, had the better race, lead all the way and i feel he got robbed a bit at the end. Guy is a class act though, gracious in defeat.
Yeah it was a BS decision but they wanted their Netflix drama.

Best part of the race was Perez's defending, absolute masterclass

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
What a crazy race. Just some wild stuff all the way through.

Stewards and/or Masi will probably need to be sacked for just being unable to apply the same set of crazy logic twice, but I'm not mad at the winner.

Happy to see Mercedes dominance broken but sad that it couldn't just happen on the meritsand had to have these crazy decisions to end this way.

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
What a crazy race. Just some wild stuff all the way through.

Stewards and/or Masi will probably need to be sacked for just being unable to apply the same set of crazy logic twice, but I'm not mad at the winner.

Happy to see Mercedes dominance broken but sad that it couldn't just happen on the meritsand had to have these crazy decisions to end this way.
Masi needs to go. He has been wildly inconsistent this year and this decision will be controversial to say the least.

Reactions: QFNS

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
They got what they wanted and have a controversial spectacle for the end of the season which will keep the speculation high during off season and draw people back in to see Lewis avenged or Max keep his winning streak etc. Battle of rivals and drama = bums on seats and guarantees viewers next year.

Whether the upcoming fallout is worth it is a different conversation and will only be seen in a year or two i reckon. Given how tribal and antagonistic the F1 twittersphere is at the moment they may decide to throw Masi under the bus to appease people but i'm not sure that will even happen tbh. The rules are so loose on the event today that from what i've seen they can justify anything and they know people will be back next year.

Last edited:

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
I doubt they will overturn the result because then it would look like they can be bullied by the teams with lawyers. But they will def sack Masi.

QFNS

Nov 18, 2018
Looks like they have ruled that nothing going to be changed. Granted review for Mercedes, but basically said "nah" to their points and justified it with "we do what we want".

Masi does need to go.

Reactions: NarohDethan

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Yeah they wont overturn the result, they've had the ceremony and presented the winner, it'd have to be some monumental breach to go back on all that now. Feels like F1 wanted Max to win and its happened.

Shame to see Kimi Raikkonen bow out of F1. Good driver and always provided a bit of entertainment in interviews and race chatter.

QFNS

Nov 18, 2018
End of an era...
Say whatever you want about the NFL. But Madden himself (not the video game), was a jovial and caring person. Sad that his name has become known for predatory MTX and bullshit instead of the actual football game that the man loved and wanted to share.

Reactions: EdwardTivrusky

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Packers play in such a weak division I don't get why anyone expects them to play well in the playoffs. They automatically get like 4 or 5 easy wins every year so ofc they get exposed and choke in the playoffs.

They need to blow it up and rebuild.

QFNS

Nov 18, 2018
Lots of blame to go around for KC. They did nothing the entire second half.

Rams v Bengals is going to be interesting. If the Bengals can prevent Burrow from being sacked every play, that is.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Washington Commanders? LMFAO
Terrible name. Don't know if it was available but should have gotten Sentinels like from the Replacements movie. Or Generals.

Even WFT was better.

Wizards and Capitals in that area have it good. Commanders is awful.

QFNS

Nov 18, 2018
I think it's intentionally bad so that you forget about their terrible team and go back to ignoring all the racist, sexist and horrible things they're doing.

"Pay no attention to the Commander behind the curtain!"

• Toucan

crimsonheadGCN

MetaMember
Jan 20, 2019
Clifton, New Jersey
www.resetera.com

Cross-country skier Remi Lindholm said he suffered a “little bit frozen” penis in a race Saturday at the Beijing Winter Olympics, Reuters reported.

“You can guess which body part was a little bit frozen when I finished. ... It was one of the worst competitions I’ve been in. It was just about battling through,” Lindholm told Finnish media, per the wire service.