News Sports, Anyone?

dummmyy

Dumb fool
Nov 14, 2018
this season really isn't gonna last long.
As much as I like American Football, I hope the season doesn't last, just as a lesson learned. They should've never started the season without huge precautionary precedents. Bubble, NO FUCKING FANS, etc.

• Sad
Reactions: warp_

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
yeah i feel the same way. nfl is life :raiders: but going in with zero real covid plans was a foolish move

Reactions: dummmyy

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
warp_ That was one of the most infuriating losses
heated isn't even the word for how i felt watching it...check passes galore, no one could hold on to the damn ball, zero defense, endless penalties including one that cost us a touchdown fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

• Sad

dummmyy

Dumb fool
Nov 14, 2018
cost us a touchdown
That fucking illegal formation!!!! MANNNNN I couldn't believe it. Everything was going well offensively, but man, defense just checked out yesterday. At least we got MNF tonight. I like Mahomes, so that'll be nice. Gonna order some wings and cry about Raiders losing while watching MNF.

Reactions: warp_

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
Raiders march on again! Win next week and they make the Grand Final (Superbowl). Beat the team this week that they lost to in last years grand final mostly due to dodgy refereeing.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Seahawks did it or Vikings choked?
Can't really fault the vikings for going for it since they've been running the ball really well the whole game.

Gotta go for the throat there. Besides if you can't pick up a couple of yards you got no business winning on the road like that.

Also Wilson has been so good he probably would have beaten you regardless in OT even if you kicked that FG.

Reactions: NarohDethan

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
That was the dumbest fucking shit I've ever seen. What the fuck Seattle?!

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
Brady gifted them 3 INTs and Packers only came away with 6 points off those turnovers. Really crazy but that loss is all on Rodgers and GB offense. They choked so hard lol.
Yeah, offense really crapped the bed

• This!
Reactions: QFNS

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
So sad that Brady was gifted that underserved win. I can only hope that Mahomes totally destroys him in the superbowl.

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
They supposed Eagles trade has me rofl'ing. Wentz + 2nd Round Pick to Bears for Foles, Tarik Cohen and a 1st Round pick.

Looooooool. Bears fleecing themselves here. I hope it's true.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Crazy.

He even upped Peyton one by not just winning with a new team but winning immediately in the first year after going to a new team wtf.

He really is a living football legend. Also he should have 9 rings but Eli had to literally cast spells on the field to win that 2007 chip. And in that Eagles loss Pats defense was absolute trash but Brady was great. He deserved that one too.

ganmo

My Neighbour Totoro
Dec 10, 2018
I can't see this having a positive effect on the Olympics at all.
I understand their concerns but i expect to avoid the news even more over the next few months, it'll be even more of a jingoistic ceespool than it is already.

It will be a major loss of money for Japan. No international visitors, no money to cover the extreme costs for the facilities and arrangements done to prepare for the Olympic games. :eek:

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
ganmo Lots of money lost everywhere. I know some people who have been putting in cancellation requests on their hotels, travel etc as they were planning on going to Japan for the Olympics and they are wondering about what percentage they'll get back due to non-refundable fees and taxes.

Hasn't Japan been offered an event in 2032 which will help recoup the losses from the work they've done already? I know it's a few years away but it's better than nothing and a lot of the required work is already done.

The multitude effects of COVID are going to be with us a long time unfortunately.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
My housemates are very into F1 and follow it quite closely but i kinda drifted away from it a few years ago and only really poke my head in now and then tbh.

Pommes

Hey you! Have a nice day!
Jun 4, 2019
That was a good race. Let's hope that the rest of the season is equally entertaining,

Reactions: NarohDethan

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
Perez coming from dead last to be 3rd at one point was insane. Ferrari decided to show up as well, and a great race for McLaren.

Gunman Yuki Tsunoda bringing the goods as well, impressive debut.

Reactions: Pommes

Pommes

Hey you! Have a nice day!
Jun 4, 2019
Well that was another exiting race. When this continues it will absolutely the most entertaining F1 season in years. :blobyes:

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
Someone needs to tell Tsunoda to chill, dude's has a very hot temper lmao

TheTrain

MetaMember
Jun 11, 2019
The super league is official:

This will be a very fun week fellow football fans!

• Toucan
Reactions: yuraya

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
The super league is official:

This will be a very fun week fellow football fans!
Soccer in Europe has always been a structural mess that is too confusing and difficult to follow for many around the world. There is so many stupid things about it like all the different leagues, lack of salary caps, home/away goal differentials, etc.

It was only a matter of time before they made something more streamlined and make up money for all the pandemic losses. In the end there is too much money to be made for the popular teams and they aren't gonna sit around doing nothing.

Honestly all the leagues in Europe should have implemented a salary cap a long time ago. I don't know if they do luxury taxes but you allowed these teams to become bigger than the sports itself and now they can do wtvr the fuck they want. The same shit ruined baseball in America for decades and now its just a regional boomer sport whose ratings are suffering.