|OT| Steam regional pricing is getting worse over time

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
505 is known for trash pricing like this. Their community managers are utterly incompetent and barely give a response or acknowledge shit like this.
yup ... they're just gonna completely ignore people asking about this and proceed with the current pricing ... nothing's gonna change

they already did that once with Indivisible

Reactions: PhaZZe and Arsene
OP
texhnolyze

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
that's because they forgot to set their shitty regional pricing ... it's using volvo's recommendations right now

so if you want to buy it - NOW is a good time ;) they'll probably fix it soon
Yeah, I have a feeling that's the case. Bought it instantly.

Reactions: lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Yeah, I have a feeling that's the case.
definitely the case ... in fact - i'm surprised they haven't fixed it yet ... been almost 3h since the pre-order went up

but yeah - there's no way in hell they'd use volvo's suggestions ... not Bamco

Reactions: texhnolyze

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
I really fear writing on Bannerlord's Steam page because of the ravenous "fans" that will chew me up.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Is Capcom’s regional pricing getting like really bad really fast for any one else?

RE2 is on sale for $20usd right now but in Canada its $27.49. What the fuck? They’re worse than EA and getting to Yakuza 0/Kiwami levels of bad.

Thank god Capcom/Sega games can be preordered for 25-30% off.

Last edited:

Valdien

✵ Chaos! ✵
Mar 26, 2020
Toronto
RE3R is $93 AUD on steam. As much as I was looking forward to playing it on launch, there's no in hell I'm paying nearly 100 bucks for such a short game that's already lacking in content, no less.

Guess I'm gonna have to wait for a sale.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Is Capcom’s regional pricing getting like really bad really fast for any one else?

RE2 is on sale for $20usd right now but in Canada its $27.49. What the fuck? They’re worse than EA getting to Yakuza 0/Kiwami levels of bad.

yeah, it's bad ... REALLY bad ... just look at RE3:

check out Argentina ... which SHOULD BE the cheapest region (with 83% off compared to the US price)

KainXVIII

DOS forever!
Dec 19, 2018

RE2 is on sale for $20usd right now but in Canada its $27.49. What the fuck? They’re worse than EA getting to Yakuza 0/Kiwami levels of bad.

They pulling same shit again as with RE7 in our region, making slight pricedrop on base game and then lowering discount to only 50% (was 66%). so game now cost more than before.

Last edited:
Reactions: Arsene and lashman

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
yeah, it's bad ... REALLY bad ... just look at RE3:

check out Argentina ... which SHOULD BE the cheapest region (with 83% off compared to the US price)
Brazil has a big Capcom following (which Capcom has acknowledging in their FGC tournaments. So they won't mess with their prices. Capcom is showing the rest of the world the middle finger.

In India, for the same $59.99
  • RE 7 (2017): Rs. 2699
  • RE 2 (2019): Rs. 2999
  • RE 3 (2020): Rs. 3499
They are silently hiking prices because they know no one will protest there. Seriously, to hell with these sleazy publishers.

Kandrick

Jun 10, 2019
Switzerland
Capcom acting like BandaiNamco.

RE2 Remake was 59.90 CHF here, and RE3 Remake is 69.90. Why ? Because why not i guess. But RE2R price was an anomaly as far as Capcom is concerned, this overpriced shit is their usual pricing for us here.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Is 505Games deliberately messing with us?
What the fuck?!
yeah ... i mean - just look at Death Stranding, same bullshit ... looks like that's gonna be their regional pricing for all games going forward

liezryou

MetaMember
Oct 31, 2018
Forgot to post this here. $558 HKD = $72 USD

Not sure why this costs more than a $60 AAA game

I know, because fuck you that's why.

Sorry this is off topic a bit, but these old AF games are priced so highly because langrisser mobile (gacha strategy game) has revitalized the series.

that's because they forgot to set their shitty regional pricing ... it's using volvo's recommendations right now

so if you want to buy it - NOW is a good time ;) they'll probably fix it soon
Holy shit i didn't even know this was a thing, jumping on games as soon as they are released so that u avoid the stupid regional price hikes. Looks like in both of the regions i have wallets (Pakistan and Russia) price is significantly up from release. I hate companies that dont' do regional pricing for Pakistan, they have it full USD priced. It is one of the most dirt poor countries in the world (If u compare GDP (PPP) per capita, it sits next to countries like Nigeria, The congo, and Hondruas), and yet some of these dickwad publishers decide to put it full USD price. If any game does this i immediately refuse to buy it on principle alone. Doom eternal (bethesda does shit on every release) and fallout 76 are two example i probably would have bought if they had proper regional pricing. I could buy it with my russian wallet but i'm not going to support a company that discriminates like this.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Holy shit i didn't even know this was a thing, jumping on games as soon as they are released so that u avoid the stupid regional price hikes. Looks like in both of the regions i have wallets (Pakistan and Russia) price is significantly up from release. I hate companies that dont' do regional pricing for Pakistan, they have it full USD priced. It is one of the most dirt poor countries in the world (If u compare GDP (PPP) per capita, it sits next to countries like Nigeria, The congo, and Hondruas), and yet some of these dickwad publishers decide to put it full USD price. If any game does this i immediately refuse to buy it on principle alone. Doom eternal (bethesda does shit on every release) and fallout 76 are two example i probably would have bought if they had proper regional pricing. I could buy it with my russian wallet but i'm not going to support a company that discriminates like this.
yup, they always do that (shitty regional pricing)

but yeah - this kind of thing (publishers forgetting to set their regular shitty regional prices) happens so very very very rarely .... unfortunately :(

but yeah, this game had it for like 10h before they noticed ... probably because it's kinda low-profile ... if it was one of the bigger ones they probably would've fixed it in minutes

PhaZZe

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
Sorry but wtf is this