|OT| Steam regional pricing is getting worse over time

KainXVIII

MetaMember
Dec 19, 2018
We have a couple of new games pricing.

Square continues to be a huge jerk for my region, while Bamco is still as reasonable as ever, thankfully.

Trials is more pricey than the base US$ price.
Ironically Square price is lower in our region.

Reactions: lashman

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
Just wanted to highlight a publisher listening. Trine 4 price hiked to Bethesda level bad in India few days before release and I wrote this post.
The publisher guy then responded and had the price fixed.

Extremely rare, but I'm glad this happened.

Tizoc

Vile Enabler
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
Sent an email to hopefully see if valve can implement regional pricing for my country
Been years since they started using them for neihgbouring countries and i dont wanna be left out.

OP
texhnolyze

texhnolyze

Role Player
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Just wanted to highlight a publisher listening. Trine 4 price hiked to Bethesda level bad in India few days before release and I wrote this post.
The publisher guy then responded and had the price fixed.

Extremely rare, but I'm glad this happened.

Wow, that's great. This is exactly why we need to voice our concern regarding pricings, always.

Phoenix RISING

A phoenix always RISES!
Apr 23, 2019
Ann Arbor, MI
www.geeksundergrace.com
I noticed that Terminator: Resistance is $32 at CD Keys.

That's the cheapest price I've seen since Prey in like 2017.

I'm thinking about jumping on it. What's the skinny on this game?

Moons of Madness is half off

OP
texhnolyze

texhnolyze

Role Player
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
same on origin? maybe they just set the same exact prices as origin (because reasons)
For me, it's cheaper on Origin. Because there's some form of regional pricing there using SG$, so it's a bit cheaper than full US$ conversion.

It's more or less on par with Ubisoft pricing on Steam.

Reactions: lashman

MegaApple

Sep 20, 2018
I've made a thread detailing the pricing on Steam. Share your thoughts here. The PR guy is communicating, and so I thought a post would help in getting light on this issue

Please make sure that
  1. Keep the conversation going, by "bumping" it. We must keep this post on the top so that people keep discussing it.
  2. Please be civil to the EA PR guy. He's human after all.

MegaApple

Sep 20, 2018

We have sort a confirmation that they are looking into it.

I've made a thread detailing the pricing on Steam. Share your thoughts here. The PR guy is communicating, and so I thought a post would help in getting light on this issue

Please make sure that
  1. Keep the conversation going, by "bumping" it. We must keep this post on the top so that people keep discussing it.
I would still suggest everyone to reply to this thread and bumping it up, so that other voices can chime in.

KainXVIII

MetaMember
Dec 19, 2018

Please make sure that
This thread is full of shitty persons and trolls now, nothing surprising (but still sad) :blobclosecry:

Reactions: Lashley and lashman

MegaApple

Sep 20, 2018
Made another post for Death Stranding
Add your voices and share it around with your friends, and make this issue known.

After that, write a mail detailing the pricing on Steam of DS vs usual (compare it with Vampire Bloodlines 2) in your region and tell you can not support the game without regional pricing. Mail is more important.
If possible, post this one ResetEra too.
at: community@505games.com

PhaZZe

Mar 12, 2019
Made another post for Death Stranding
Add your voices and share it around with your friends, and make this issue known.

After that, write a mail detailing the pricing on Steam of DS vs usual (compare it with Vampire Bloodlines 2) in your region and tell you can not support the game without regional pricing. Mail is more important.
If possible, post this one ResetEra too.
at: community@505games.com
505 don't give a damn, they always fuck ups the prices, they "fixed" indivisible and was the same, just awful.