Community The MetaVerse VR thread (hardware/software/etc, all platforms)

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Recent cool stuff for the new page (I'm only choosing 10 so check the last page for a fuckton more):

Last edited:
Reactions: Pommes and lashman

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019

Last edited:
Reactions: Pommes and lashman

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Huh, looks kinda fun. Weird it's a whole new game and not a VR version of their realistic looking House Flipper (and Garden Flipper), Developed in house? Oh, it says the footage on that page is for "mobile platforms" and the Steam release will have improvements or something though I doubt it will resemble those.

Last edited:
Reactions: lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Huh, looks kinda fun. Weird it's a whole new game and not a VR version of their realistic looking House Flipper (and Garden Flipper), Developed in house? Oh, it says the footage on that page is for "mobile platforms" and the Steam release will have improvements or something though I doubt it will resemble those.
yeah ... still weird they used the mobile screenshots and gifs

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
This one's not a great video, they are being too silly rather than playing. D is playing through the game properly in his channel if you want to check/spoil that.

And another pair of Boneworks adverticles (from the same damn site), shit's getting annoying:
I replied there, you can see it if they don't delete it (it's just honest, if annoyed, not excessively offensive).

Last edited:

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Patch notes for the next Saints & Sinners patch (not yet out).
Attention Tourists, we’ve got some news from the Bayou. Though not ready just yet, Hotfix #3 is soon upon us. A preview of what will be included is below. Stay tuned here! You’ll be the FIRST to know when it’s ready to go live.

We value your feedback and want to say thank you to the community members that are helping us to improve the game experience for all players.

Pre-release notes for Hotfix #3
  • Physical Crouch improvements
  • Fixed an issue with non-ANSI Window usernames that prevented bindings and other files to not be read correctly
  • Chaperone should now appear correctly
  • Gun angle adjustment option
  • “Disable All Vignettes” option
  • Controller deadzone defaults
  • Progression break fixes for quests
  • Nausea vignette goes to zero!
  • All achievements should now unlock properly
  • In some instances, NPCs didn’t fire when they should have. Now they should -- so be careful!
  • Vive: fixed Crouch hint to say “Up” instead of “Down”
  • Various crash fixes
  • Art and animation polish
  • Various performance optimizations
  • Plus a little something extra...

Thank you for playing our game!
And just to pad this post here's part 3 of D's playthrough I mentioned in the last post. This game is fucking fantastic and this video does a decent job showing it.

Skip around when there are story bits to avoid spoilers.

Last edited:

fantomena

Toss a coin to your Witcher.
Dec 17, 2018
This is nice.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019

Last edited:
Reactions: Durante and lashman

Flips

Overwhelmingly Positive
May 12, 2019

Currently free on the Oculus Store. I guess it's free to keep since it's now showing up as 'Purchased' for me.

Reactions: Nabs

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Doesn't show free in the store page but does in the actual app mind you. Weird. No announcement or anything on the dev/oculus twitter/blog. Cool anyway.

Edit: so, it was a store error or something, it was meant to be on discount as the web page of the store showed, I hope Oculus pays them for the downloads...

Last edited:

d00d3n

Jan 26, 2019
I just ordered prescription lenses for my Index from vroptician.com. Has anyone else tested prescription lenses for their headset? How notable is the loss of fov?

Reactions: Alextended

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Yay, Saints & Sinners patch, it should be pretty smooth sailing for more people (it already was for me).

Last edited:

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
This looks a lot like holoception minus the third person camera. But I don't care if they're creative, as long as it plays great and is fun (I still need to go and retry holoception to see if they've made the full body physics stuff to my liking or still weird to me like Boneworks). Weapon crafting looks fun/ny and cool though.

New SteamVR beta looks nice.

Last edited:
Reactions: C-Dub and lashman

fantomena

Dec 17, 2018
I wonder when Phantom Ops (Oculus) is out. Was suppose to release late 2019.

fantomena

Dec 17, 2018
Feel like VR has been placed in the "Forgotten" book at Sony. In 2018 and 2019 there were a lot more exciting stuff like Astrobot, Firewall, Wipeout and so on but for many months now, nothing, only big thing is Iron Man VR and nothing else unless Sony has something up their sleeves with PS5.

Everything exciting now in VR is happening on PCVR and Oculus Quest. Saint's & Sinners is already out on PC and it seems really great (will buy it sometime in the future when Im done with some other VR games) and it's comign to Quest later this year and PSVR later as well (no idea how it will be due to the shitty tracking and controllers).

Simply put, everything exciting with VR is happening on PC and Quest and nothing other than Iron Man VR is on the horizon for PSVR.

I bought a Rift after receveing PSVR christmas 2018 and I was worried about that I had made a mistake, but Im happy I did not. I play everything VR on my PC (maingly SteamVR, I only use Oculus for exclusives) due to better headset, controllers and tracking and the library and vastly bigger on PC.

Reactions: C-Dub and lashman
OP
Durante

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
I think what happens with HL:A will have a pretty big impact on the near-term future of VR. If it is a huge hit then you might see some larger-budget games announced, if not it will probably continue to be more indie (and optional modes in basically every sim) for a while. I don't mind either way really.

fantomena

Dec 17, 2018
I feel like 40% of my time with Blood & Truth was me fighting against the awful tracking.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Last edited:

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Last edited:

sprinkles

Dec 8, 2018
My Quest arrived early (the Anker USB cable got left behind), I am really impressed by the tracking (only have experience with PSVR). Are there any musthaves only for Quest I could test tonight and tomorrow before I "link up" to my PC on Saturday?

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Get the freebie ISS experience for sure and maybe the First Contact tutorial, that is the PC default.
There aren't many Quest exclusives. I really wanted to play the National Geographic experience though, it looks pretty cool and well made, if somewhat limited.
Ghost Giant is coming soon for the Oculus Quest as well, previously it was only available for the PSVR.
SUPERHOT VR, Apex Construct, The Thrill of the Fight, Pistol Whip, Journey of the Gods, Red Matter, Moss, A Fisherman's Tale, I Expect You to Die, The Curious Tale of the Stolen Pets, Shadow Point, The Climb and others I dunno if you'd rather have on the PC but outside wanting some hacky fan mods for some of the music games and such they should perform fine on the Quest so you may prefer its cable-less untethered play over (potentially available) higher resolution supersampled (yet compressed over USB) PC visuals and generally not too great graphics differences for the better ports (some of them also have crossbuy with PC so you can play the PC version when the cable arrives but of course that will be the Oculus Store version, not Steam, so you may want to compare prices, and it varies per case, not all are crossbuy, but not all aren't. Journey of the Gods, Shadow Point, The Climb and others are Oculus Store exclusives).

You'll want to get in on the SideQuest homebrew fun for sure and get games/mods like Lambda1VR or the Terminus tech/playable demo (get used to VR first).

Or maybe try some freebie social VR stuff like Rec Room if you're into that sort of thing but I'm not.

Also neat WebVR stuff like this shameless Beat Saber clone, though I've not looked into it much yet...

Last edited:
Reactions: sprinkles

fantomena

Dec 17, 2018
My Quest arrived early (the Anker USB cable got left behind), I am really impressed by the tracking (only have experience with PSVR). Are there any musthaves only for Quest I could test tonight and tomorrow before I "link up" to my PC on Saturday?
SuperhotVR, Beat Saber and Journey of the Gods have demos on Quest I think.

Reactions: sprinkles

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019

This looks potentially interesting (though those melee kills look eh), it released first on the Oculus Store in early access and has a (very) few positive reviews there (who knows if they're your usual shills though) likening it to a solo Call of Duty: Zombies style experience with its own setting, weapons and systems:

Last edited:

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019

Last edited:

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Last edited: