Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
9 -nine- all age collection (with new episode) announced

Reactions: Kvik

Exzyleph

Dark Eroge Lord
Oct 9, 2018
9 -nine- all age collection (with new episode) announced
I guess they are planning on a console release?

But more people getting to read 9 -nine- is a good thing.
I just hope that we'll also be getting that new episode in English (on PC).

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
I guess they are planning on a console release?

But more people getting to read 9 -nine- is a good thing.
I just hope that we'll also be getting that new episode in English (on PC).
Yeah, I think they are preparing for console ports. The collection is probably composed of the all-aged episodes released on steam, so it should have English built-in as well. If affirmative, the new episode should also be released on steam as well. :cat-heart-blob:

Reactions: Exzyleph and Kvik

Snakethesniper

Time Traveler
Jan 11, 2019
FINISHED UMINEKO.

I think for now will be my number one visual novel, it was an excellent ride.
One thing I feared is that the closed rooms of the various episodes would not be explained in the end. It kinda went that way, but I think that simply knowing beatrice's secret can provide the answer for all of them, right? I didn't had the time still to look at them.

I'm also ok with the "real truth" not to be exposed, it works well after all the cat-box discussion.
I can't think of negative points at the moment!

edit:
oh yes, I have a question though:
I didn't get the motive of Beatrice's roulette. I mean, like she says, she plans the whole murder mystery with 3 possible outcomes:
1) The epitaph is solved and the murders stop.
2) Everybody dies
3) One of the 3 personalities "win" the love game

I still don't get if the option 3 should happen with how survives at random, making the choice easier?

Also, why do they say that if battler returned 1 year prior or after, the events would be different?

And, finally, for the truth of what happened that day, the only things that are confirmed are that Eva and Battler survived and the island exploded, but is not known of "whoddunnit" or what exactly happened, right?

Last edited:

skLaFarebear

MetaMember
Dec 4, 2019
Kara no Shoujo 3 teaser (probably some spoilers in the trailer). Set to be released this winter

Speaking of, I started delving into the series with Cartagra and it's been a pretty enjoyable ride. The bad ends have all felt pointless in terms of providing any substance to the story, but they're at least very short and easy to get.

Reactions: Exzyleph and Cacher

skLaFarebear

MetaMember
Dec 4, 2019
Finished Cartagra. Very enjoyable who dun it murder mystery with a very good and satisfying true ending. The character designs in this game are amazing all around, but Toji is definitely the standout amongst the cast. Looking forward to delving into KNS1 and 2 once I finish Aegis Rim.

skLaFarebear

MetaMember
Dec 4, 2019
While waiting for Aegis Rim to show up, finally got around to reading and finishing Fata.

I honestly don't really got much to say about this one. It was a pretty good VN. It didn't do much for me on a pure enjoyment or emotional level, but I definitely know a few people who haven't read it yet that would enjoy it a ton more than I did on a personal scale. Still, it was a good, relatively short read all the same and I'm glad I finally read it.

The OST was very good within the context of the game, but definitely not something I'd find myself listening to outside of the game itself.

Final playtime:

Turns out, a VN not having voice acting lets me fucking speed read it pretty quickly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Exzyleph

Phoenix RISING

A phoenix always RISES!
Apr 23, 2019
Ann Arbor, MI
www.geeksundergrace.com
Just finished Vampire: The Masquerade – Shadows of New York.

Gonna go back to Cotaries of New York and do some of the paths I didn't finish. I can't get enough of the World of Darkness!

Reactions: Exzyleph

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
After over 157 hours, I'm done with 1/3rd of Higurashi

10/10 would nipaa all over again.
Onikakushi is twice because I read it once in 2015 before 07th-mod patches were a thing and then again this year with glorious PS3 sprites/voices.

Exzyleph

Dark Eroge Lord
Oct 9, 2018
Rance 1 and 2 got a release date.

Not surprisingly, these game are exclusive to MangaGamer's own store (NSFW):

This month's VN book club thread is also up.

This this month's title is The Letter, but like last year you are also welcome to join if you want to read another (perhaps a little less spooky) Halloween themed visual novel:

Speaking of which, the charming looking Werehouse released today and is free on Itch for the rest of the month:
What if the monsters in the haunted house weren’t just wearing a costume...?

By accident, Dori stumbles across the monstrous secret behind popular haunted house, the Were|House - and then they get roped into working alongside the crew on Halloween night! A job's a job, right? But will Dori make it through three days of hard work preparing for the big night - and will they grow closer to any of the monsters...?

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Oh, I have a PSV copy of iwaihime but haven't played it yet. Let's see the price first so I can decide whether to sell it.

Exzyleph

Dark Eroge Lord
Oct 9, 2018
Hey guys, I saw now that the question arc of Higurashi is on sale on steam. Do you know if it's better to wait the sale of the whole series and buy the "pack" or I can go with the separate episodes discounts?
It's a "Complete the Set" kind of bundle, so if you are not sure that you'll like it then you can just buy episode 1 now and return for the others later.

But none of current discounts are the historical lows, as far as I can tell, so you can also try to wait for a better sale.

skLaFarebear

MetaMember
Dec 4, 2019
Too many new VNs to play between Iwaihime, Aokana Extra 1, Aegis Rim, and Muv Luv TDA when all I've wanted to do was work on my backlog.

I did finish Cartagra and Kara no Shoujo 1 recently though and they were both very good, especially KnS. I'm very much looking forward to playing 2 soon enough so I can die in the KnS3 waiting room like everyone else is.

Edit: I forgot about R;N too lmao, still have to play the other sci;adv novels first though.

Last edited:

Exzyleph

Dark Eroge Lord
Oct 9, 2018
Last edited:
Reactions: Cacher

Exzyleph

Dark Eroge Lord
Oct 9, 2018
JAST is teasing an upcoming horror game:

And Steam Prison DLC is out now on Steam and on MangaGamer.com:

Exzyleph

Dark Eroge Lord
Oct 9, 2018
BLACK Cyc game, I know nothing but I assume it's not for the faint of heart
JAST has a write-up on their blog that gives more information: NSFW.
Judging by that and the VNDB page I'd peg it as something akin to Maggot Baits, i.e. definitely not for me!
The art looks nice, though.

ZKenir

❀ Child of Raikou ❀
May 10, 2019
MG updates.

• Rance 01 and Rance 02 - 10% off pre-orders - on sale October 29th
  • The "Refrain" bonus content for Sona-Nyl of the Violet Shadows is now 100% translated
  • Trinoline Genesis is now 100% translated and edited
  • Jeanne at the Clock Tower, AKA Secret Project #2, is now out of image editing and will soon be heading into beta
  • Secret Project #6 is 68% translated and 67% edited
  • Secret Project #7 is now 100% translated and edited

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020

I decide to include Memoria developed by Purple Software as part of the backlog blitz game. Plan to start playing it next month. Aside from the nice art, it has a great theme song (NSFW) and a fully-animated, 4-minute opening video showing how the gate between two separate worlds was opened. Surprisingly high quality so it is worth a watch.

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
Is Iwahime genuinely a full Ryukishi07 work?

I've never heard of it before but his wiki page only says scenario writer so I have this feeling that its being oversold?

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Been playing root lettter recently and it has been gripping for the most part.
The localisation leaves much to be desired tho as it isnt as flavour-y as some games i played over the years
Non the less it gets the job done
I am engrossed in the story and am halfway thru will try to finish thr first route by tomorrow unless my game plan changes.

Exzyleph

Dark Eroge Lord
Oct 9, 2018
Is Iwahime genuinely a full Ryukishi07 work?

I've never heard of it before but his wiki page only says scenario writer so I have this feeling that its being oversold?
He is the sole (scenario) writer for Iwaihime according to VNDB, so it is definitely a Ryukishi07 work.
However, it is probably less of a pure Ryukishi07 work than something like Umineko, where he had full creative control.
On the other hand, it is not like Rewrite or Trianthology where he was one of several writers.

Reactions: AHA-Lambda

Exzyleph

Dark Eroge Lord
Oct 9, 2018
The Letter is currently part of a Humble bundle:

It might be too late to finish reading it this month, if you want to reach all epilogues, but my first playthrough took me just under 12 hours, so there is still time to do a blind play-through for Spooktober and see if you can kill off fewer (or more!) protagonists than me:

Reactions: Ascheroth

Exzyleph

Dark Eroge Lord
Oct 9, 2018
Kara no Shojo 3's opening movie is available now and it is really pretty:

Fingers crossed that KnS3 is one of MangaGamer's four currently secret projects

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020

Well, I am going to buy these two collections as it is my favorite VN series. Tbh though, some of them are really old.
Kara no Shojo 3's opening movie is available now and it is really pretty:
[UWSL] [/UWSL]
Fingers crossed that KnS3 is one of MangaGamer's four currently secret projects
Oh, release date is also announced as well! Most VNs are released on last Friday of the month, so they will be released on Christmas Day. Funny coincidence.