Community The Visual Novel Council | All Choices Lead To Here

「Echo」

鈴鹿御前。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Just personally speaking, VA-11 HALL-A is probably my favorite Western VN. The story itself isn't actually all that special but it's good at setting a mood and sucking you into a comfy atmosphere. The art and music are great too. And it's pretty interesting how attached to the characters you get despite the fact that most of what comes from their mouths is just blabbering lol.

I have high hopes for N1RV Ann-A.

Exzyleph

Dark Eroge Lord
Oct 9, 2018
New release.

A relatively low price of admission and there's a demo as well for discerning buyers.

steam://install/1023810

I just realized that this was the VN that gained notoriety for being censored to an extreme degree on the PS4:

But a quick look at the game assets suggest that the PC version merely has the kind of censorship that you'd expect in an all ages release.

Reactions: Kvik

ZKenir

❀ Child of Raikou ❀
May 10, 2019
I just realized that this was the VN that gained notoriety for being censored to an extreme degree on the PS4:

But a quick look at the game assets suggest that the PC version merely has the kind of censorship that you'd expect in an all ages release.
Yeah the CGs are based on the switch version of the game

Axisofweevils

Dec 22, 2018
Picked up World End Syndrome for Switch. It seems it released with little fanfare, but the trailer sold me.

ZKenir

❀ Child of Raikou ❀
May 10, 2019
Fate/Stay Night + Hollow ataraxia reprint coming the 28th, I don't know if it's been posted already but I have just seen it althought it's kinda old news

apparently was posted also on the FGO subreddit

commemorative booklet

edit: type moon page

edit 2: I had messed up the order of links with the booklet

Last edited:

「Echo」

鈴鹿御前。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Fate/Stay Night + Hollow ataraxia reprint coming the 28th, I don't know if it's been posted already but I have just seen it althought it's kinda old news

apparently was posted also on the FGO subreddit

Whoa... I might get this if it has updated Sprites.

I was just thinking of booting up my old version since I never finished Heaven's Feel but FGO has me in the mood to read it again!

ZKenir

❀ Child of Raikou ❀
May 10, 2019
the type moon page I added says there are no content changes outside for those made for reprinting it, it's also a DMM code apparently, personally I'm kinda obssessed with Fate so I'm going to buy it anyway at least for the added items.

Reactions: 「Echo」 and Kvik

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Woah, thanks for the heads-up, ZKenir . Hopefully, DMM's DRM scheme didn't end up giving me a headache again. I still have Hollow Ataraxia to play, I've been putting it off for so long.

「Echo」

鈴鹿御前。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
It'd be nice if they could put them on Steam. I really wonder how much and how fast an official sale of FSN and Ataraxia would end up... Like I think they could stand to make quite a bit!

ZKenir

❀ Child of Raikou ❀
May 10, 2019
I wonder if Aniplex, Marvelous/Xseed will try at some point to localize either Realta Nua or at least CCC (the latter I suppose would make more sense if ported) for consoles (and maybe PC in the case of Xseed)
The only other company I could see trying is Atlus since they messed with Utaware which was pretty unknown compared to stuff like Fate, but the latter probably also has higher licensing costs.

Any chance of TM themselves or any of the current VN players getting involved I think it's close to zero both due to licensing and TM being hard to work with (since they already tried at failed apparently).

it's never happening anyway but it's fun to speculate

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news Mangagamer is teasing something

Last edited:

ZKenir

❀ Child of Raikou ❀
May 10, 2019
welp, I guess it would have been weird if they announced a game outside of AX when it's so close.

Exzyleph

Dark Eroge Lord
Oct 9, 2018
Reactions: Axisofweevils

Exzyleph

Dark Eroge Lord
Oct 9, 2018
It seems that Valve has relented or that MangaGamer made a few edits, cause The Expression Amrilato is now on Steam:

Reactions: 「Echo」

Exzyleph

Dark Eroge Lord
Oct 9, 2018
Yeah I got an e-mail about that since it was on my wishlist... Mhm, I will wait to see if anyone comments on changes.
I haven't read it (obviously), but the bathroom CGs are still there as is the final confession scene and kiss.
The ages of the characters are also still given in the story, so I'm not sure if anything has actually been changed.

ZKenir

❀ Child of Raikou ❀
May 10, 2019
Yeah I got an e-mail about that since it was on my wishlist... Mhm, I will wait to see if anyone comments on changes.
They have a blog post saying they were approached by Valve and thus the game needed no changes

Sukesparo’s The Expression Amrilato is now available on Steam!

We want to thank all of you who lent us your support over the past few days! After hearing about the recent news, we were approached by Valve and they expressed their interest in carrying The Expression Amrilato on Steam! Even better, we were able to work with them to ensure that The Expression Amrilato is being released on Steam without any changes to the content.
We’re very happy to be able to bring this wonderful, heartwarming, and educational tale of the power of communication to Steam in its full, intended form in two language versions—both English and Japanese—with more to come, too! This is a great day for all of us here at MangaGamer and for visual novels as a whole! Fans buying the game on Steam today and in the future will be receiving the exact same product sold on our website and other stores.
If you haven’t already tried out The Expression Amrilato, we hope you’ll take advantage of this offer soon! And we hope you’ll continue sharing your support for amazing titles like this in days to come as well!
To celebrate the occasion, the Steam release will include a launch discount and we’ll be extending the promotional discount on our store for another week to match! We hope you all enjoy The Expression Amrilato, and continue to support visual novels wherever they’re sold.
Chances of a PC release though? 😴
My guess is zero, unless whoever localizes it (if a loc happens) wants it

ZKenir

❀ Child of Raikou ❀
May 10, 2019
JAST is having a summer sale on their store in case anyone is interested in some of their titles

twitter announcement with spoiler tag so nobody can click by mistake on their store

Theswweet

Dirty Weeb
Mar 12, 2019
Danganronpa V3's PC port was a little wonky, but after editing the open menu button and the rendering resolution in the config file, no issues! Seems to play like a dream with kb/m.

Reactions: 「Echo」

「Echo」

鈴鹿御前。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
JAST is having a summer sale on their store in case anyone is interested in some of their titles

twitter announcement with spoiler tag so nobody can click by mistake on their store

Browsing through their catalog makes me realize how little of it is on Steam. :confused: And now with the stricter rules it probably isn't even worth it for them to try.

... Well hopefully they finish Flowers at least.

Danganronpa V3's PC port was a little wonky, but after editing the open menu button and the rendering resolution in the config file, no issues! Seems to play like a dream with kb/m.
Great to hear! Is there no options menu to select resolution in game though? Or maybe it won't go past a certain point?

ZKenir

❀ Child of Raikou ❀
May 10, 2019
This is VERY likely to be "naughty" one

it's by NEKOWORKs, artworks done by ISHiKEi, it was announced originally by Fakku, but it seems that NEKOWORKs is selfpublishing to Steam as well.

it'll cost $20 for the standard edition on Fakku so I would expect similar pricing

Last edited:

Exzyleph

Dark Eroge Lord
Oct 9, 2018
Out now:

I'm mildly curious, but I have too much on my plate to grab it right now.

Kvik

Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
This is the followup game to Death Mark. I didn't realise they're turning this into a series.

NG is the second entry in the new Spirit Hunter series, and the companion story to last year’s award-winning sound novel, Death Mark. NG follows the story of a young man on a life-threatening quest to discover who—or what—is responsible for the disappearance of his little sister. To save her, our protagonist must team up with shady characters, face down spirits of legend, and make difficult decisions that can greatly alter the outcome of the game.

Death Mark is currently 50% off if any of you is interested. I also posted an impression of it a couple of months ago.

ZKenir

❀ Child of Raikou ❀
May 10, 2019
New Utawarerumono is a mobile game, I’m not entirely opposed to the idea, but I dunno if we’ll ever get it localized

Kvik

Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
New Utawarerumono is a mobile game, I’m not entirely opposed to the idea, but I dunno if we’ll ever get it localized
Frankly, I'm supremely disappointed at this news. I was so excited at the prospect of playing a new Uta game, it never occurred to me it could be a gacha. How naive I was. This isn't what I expected, at all. After all that art teasing, website countdown etc. It's one thing if they're making VN/SRPG hybrid for mobile platforms since that could be the incentive I need to get off my lazy arse and finally set up my Android emulator. But no, this is a gacha with mtx, turning their most beloved characters from past games into cash cows.

I totally get why they're doing this though, with how the Japanese games industry the way it is. The only way to stay afloat and perhaps to make some money is this. Microtransactions.

Anyway, this is a hard lesson learned -- to keep my expectations in check from now on.

Exzyleph

Dark Eroge Lord
Oct 9, 2018
I'm not interested in mobile games myself, but I am also not surprised that Japanese companies are increasingly looking in that direction, considering how poorly the VN market seems to be doing over there. Hopefully the Japanese VN market does recover in time. Turning to a more international audience might also be a solution for some Japanese VN developers (and obviously something I would like to see), but doesn't seem like something most them are interested in or willing to do themselves.

ZKenir

❀ Child of Raikou ❀
May 10, 2019
I think they're more interested in the chinese market when it comes of localizing VN.
turning their most beloved characters from past games into cash cows.
I mean, I'm getting Zan, but that's what basically the game is since it's the same stuff from the previous 2 Utawarerumono games rehashed as a musou.

Kvik

Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
I mean, I'm getting Zan, but that's what basically the game is since it's the same stuff from the previous 2 Utawarerumono games rehashed as a musou.
Sure, fair enough. My complaints are mostly rooted in the fact that they were generating hype by using methods normally reserved for a "major title" release. Hence my disappointment when it didn't turn out the way I expected. I suppose gachas should be considered major titles as well.

ZKenir

❀ Child of Raikou ❀
May 10, 2019
They are depending on production values, but it’s not a surefire way to success either.
Forwardworks keeps churning out games that range from tiepid successes to disasters, light was literally bankrupted by trying to make Pantheon, that Muv-Luv gacha shut down really fast.
Not everyone is going to be the next FGO or GBF.

Exzyleph

Dark Eroge Lord
Oct 9, 2018
For anyone seeking further proof that we're living in the weirdest time-line, Saya no Uta is apparently coming to Steam later this month:

During JAST USA’s panel at Anime Expo 2019, the publisher announced that the horror visual novel Song of Saya Remastered is set to release sometime this month on PC-via Steam.

The title is basically a completely new game as it’s been re-made from the ground up with a new engine, along with new artwork based on the old artwork. To put it simply, this will be the definitive version of one of the best and craziest visual novels of our time.

Exzyleph

Dark Eroge Lord
Oct 9, 2018
In less outrageous news, you now pre-order the physical edition of Majikoi from J-List:

It is apparently limited to 500 copies, but it is not clear if that applies to the standard edition, the collectors edition, or both.
There's also no release date as of yet, but the page does confirm a Steam release:
This is the limited edition of the game which includes:
- Steam Download Card

Reactions: Kvik and ZKenir

Theswweet

Dirty Weeb
Mar 12, 2019
I uh, binged the fuck out of the 2nd half of Danganronpa v3 the last 2 days.

That ending was sure something. I feel like the people saying it was pointless might've, uh, missed the point?

Lots of other things I want to talk about, but I'm dead pooped from everything I did today and it's past midnight now.

ZKenir

❀ Child of Raikou ❀
May 10, 2019
JAST is partnering up with Kagura Games for localization (outside of them publishing some eroge games on Steam and other platforms I don't really know much about them)