|OT| This is the Anime Thread, Darling~~

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
I caught up. It's a blast to watch. I mean so far I've only been watching Jujutsu, so saying this is one of my favs this season right now is technically not a high bar, but still.

The only thing I dislike is that I don't like the opening song :(
Also those "pop-up" scene changes straight outta Danganronpa are the best.

Now to decide on which thing I'll give a shot next :thinking-face:
To be fair, both of these series are incredibly heavy-hitters. I don't know that I'm watching anything else besides The journey of Elaina.

Jim_Cacher

MetaMember
Jun 3, 2020
Tbh, I am probably the minority here but I don't like Jujutsu's anime. Pacing and the cuts between each scene feels off (En'en no Shōbōtai also has similar feels). Already dropped it.

To me, Dai's Adventure is the best anime this season. Everything is good, from story to fight scenes to voice acting.

BTW, have you watch Munou no Nana? Don't read synopsis, watch any review, clips or spoiler or simply has any expectation. Go watch episode 1 to see if you like it.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
BTW, have you watch Munou no Nana? Don't read synopsis, watch any review, clips or spoiler or simply has any expectation. Go watch episode 1 to see if you like it.
That one's on my list, but I haven't watched it yet! I think I'll just wait for a couple more episodes until I give it a try.

Started something old from my list instead, Angelic Layer. Heard good things, and so far (3 episodes in) it's a lot of fun.
I'm a fan of proxy battles, be they card fights, robots, summons, battle dolls or anything else.
Surprisingly good action animation and choreography too.

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
I started watching Ascendance of a Bookworm - it's a lot of fun.

Basically Isekai where I booklover gets isekaied into a fantasy world. She only wants to read books, but in this world the literacy rate is low and books are scarce. So what's she gonna do? Make them on her own to become a librarian again.

Reactions: Angelo and Swenhir

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
I started watching Ascendance of a Bookworm - it's a lot of fun.

Basically Isekai where I booklover gets isekaied into a fantasy world. She only wants to read books, but in this world the literacy rate is low and books are scarce. So what's she gonna do? Make them on her own to become a librarian again.
It's a really good one, though it leans heavily on the typical Japanese anime values : work hard, people's worth is their work, etc :p.

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Yeah the ED is ACE
The 4 main cast are great and Nobara is prob. my fav. character.
The adaption has absolutely nailed it so far. I'm very much looking forward to the rest - it's going to be great :)

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
I just fell into Assassination Classroom and this had no right to be as good as this.