|OT| This is the Anime Thread, Darling~~

Tizoc

Oh, you dare to approch ME, a Vile Enabler?!
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Aggretsuko Season 3 is up on Netflix
The world is starting to get better at least.

OP
Hektor

Hektor

CHIE SATONAKA ON STEAM
Nov 1, 2018
God of Highschool is trash

After that hype-ass first episode chase scene it hasn't recovered at all.
The characters are uninteresting, the mysterys are uninteresting and the pacing is HORRIBLE.

The marriage episode felt like it should have been the season finale to 12 episodes of character developments, instead its drama about characters i dont care about doing things i have no business to care about.

And worst of all, the fights aren't even that good. Don't get me wrong, they aren't bad either, but if your entire show is a tournament arc, you gotta deliver at least a consistent 8.5/10, when most of the show is a 6 with some 7's and 8's.

At least Deca-dence continues to be a joy

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
God of Highschool is trash

After that hype-ass first episode chase scene it hasn't recovered at all.
The characters are uninteresting, the mysterys are uninteresting and the pacing is HORRIBLE.

The marriage episode felt like it should have been the season finale to 12 episodes of character developments, instead its drama about characters i dont care about doing things i have no business to care about.

And worst of all, the fights aren't even that good. Don't get me wrong, they aren't bad either, but if your entire show is a tournament arc, you gotta deliver at least a consistent 8.5/10, when most of the show is a 6 with some 7's and 8's.

At least Deca-dence continues to be a joy
Yeah, the God of High School adaption is unfortunately not good.
I actually liked todays episode because it managed to set up some basic ass conflict and character drama and had cool action, but in the grand scheme of things it's too little too late I guess.

It's a shame, because I quite like the webtoon. It's not going to win an award when it comes to writing, but it's wildly better than what the frantic pace of the adaption delivers. And has consistently great action coreography and paneling that just gets better and better.

Example: Daewi vs Mori fight in the webtoon (chapter 35). The paneling in the first half is just awesome.

I don't know. They should have either taken their time with proper character development, build up, etc and ended it with the Mori vs Daewi fight or throw out all that stuff entirely and just have a continous, escalating action animation fest. As it stands, it tries to do both and achieves neither. :/

OP
Hektor

Hektor

CHIE SATONAKA ON STEAM
Nov 1, 2018
Yeah, the God of High School adaption is unfortunately not good.
I actually liked todays episode because it managed to set up some basic ass conflict and character drama and had cool action, but in the grand scheme of things it's too little too late I guess.

It's a shame, because I quite like the webtoon. It's not going to win an award when it comes to writing, but it's wildly better than what the frantic pace of the adaption delivers. And has consistently great action coreography and paneling that just gets better and better.

Example: Daewi vs Mori fight in the webtoon (chapter 35). The paneling in the first half is just awesome.

I don't know. They should have either taken their time with proper character development, build up, etc and ended it with the Mori vs Daewi fight or throw out all that stuff entirely and just have a continous, escalating action animation fest. As it stands, it tries to do both and achieves neither. :/
It's a shame because in theory, this should totally be my thing :/
But yea, most of all it feels hella rushed, like they wanna be done with it asap, oh well, maybe i give the webtoon a chance

Reactions: Ascheroth

Mutant Strawberry

Jul 1, 2020
New Haruhi light novel is coming out and we'll get an English version day and date. First new one in 9 years. And it was announced at the end of August, which is pretty important in Haruhi lore. Hope this leads to another anime season.

Japan is hyped.

Tizoc

Oh, you dare to approch ME, a Vile Enabler?!
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Aggretsuko Season 3 done.
I need more Aggretsuko already ToT
Great season, prob. the best so far IMO.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Deca-Dence has really been awesome. It also highlights how much of a difference in quality there is between anime that's nearly not made with a plan and anime made based on source material where the author actually has an idea of where they are going.

Looking at you, Trigger.

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Deca-Dence has really been awesome. It also highlights how much of a difference in quality there is between anime that's nearly not made with a plan and anime made based on source material where the author actually has an idea of where they are going.

Looking at you, Trigger.
I'm confused, Deca-Dence has no source material, it's an original production. Or am I misunderstanding something.

Reactions: Swenhir

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
I'm confused, Deca-Dence has no source material, it's an original production. Or am I misunderstanding something.
Seriously? Then I'm doubly amazed. I could swear I thought it was based on a light novel or something to that effect.

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Seriously? Then I'm doubly amazed. I could swear I thought it was based on a light novel or something to that effect.
Yeah, it's original. Seems to have quite a history though, apparently has been in the works for 4 years.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Yeah, it's original. Seems to have quite a history though, apparently has been in the works for 4 years.
Not to be obstinate about the point I sought to make earlier but this would explain it. I have had the distinct feeling so many anime productions, despite their budgets, tended to wing it with their plot and writing on an episode by episode basis. But Deca-Dence is one of the most thoughtful, tightest show I've seen in a while. It's truly amazing.

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
This is totally out of left field, because I've watched it ages ago, but Kamen Rider W has an episode where the 2 main characters are singing an actual insert song in a talent show in which the 2 performers of the opening song are judges.
That is all. (Also, W is great).

Jim_Cacher

MetaMember
Jun 3, 2020
What are you watching this season? I am going to watch at least these three:

• Jujutsu Kaisen
  • Munou na Nana
  • Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken

Already watched the first episode of Nana. As someone who have read the mange, the first episode is faithful but the pacing is a bit too fast.

Very, very excited towards Adventure of Dai. One of my favorite voice actresses, Tanezaki Atsumi is voicing Dai. I heard it has very good story as well, and I just can't resist a long, old-school adventure story.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
What are you watching this season? I am going to watch at least these three:

• Jujutsu Kaisen
  • Munou na Nana
  • Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken

Already watched the first episode of Nana. As someone who have read the mange, the first episode is faithful but the pacing is a bit too fast.

Very, very excited towards Adventure of Dai. One of my favorite voice actresses, Tanezaki Atsumi is voicing Dai. I heard it has very good story as well, and I just can't resist a long, old-school adventure story.
Thanks for that list! I've fallen off the season-wagon so it's good to have at least a few pointers. Also, I'm about to finish Deca-Dence, and I really need to get back to Mahoutsukai no Yome.

Reactions: Jim_Cacher
OP
Hektor

Hektor

CHIE SATONAKA ON STEAM
Nov 1, 2018
Gonna watch Akudama Drive since that's written by Kazutaka Kodaka (Danganronpa)

Hypnosis Mic: Division Rap Battle sounds interesting but idk if the source material is supposed to be good or not

Jim_Cacher

MetaMember
Jun 3, 2020
Thanks for that list! I've fallen off the season-wagon so it's good to have at least a few pointers. Also, I'm about to finish Deca-Dence, and I really need to get back to Mahoutsukai no Yome.
I still need to get back to Deca Dence. I remember watching it for a few minutes of the first episode but not sure why I dropped it lol. Also be reminded that Dai is rumored to have over 100 episodes so you can decide if you want to follow it week-by-week.

Gonna watch Akudama Drive since that's written by Kazutaka Kodaka (Danganronpa)

Hypnosis Mic: Division Rap Battle sounds interesting but idk if the source material is supposed to be good or not
Hypnosis Mic is super popular in Japan. Otome stuff is totally not my thing though (I would rather watch BL than otome) so can't speak about its quality. Some of my friends are excited towards it anyway so I will try to follow it's reception.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
I still need to get back to Deca Dence. I remember watching it for a few minutes of the first episode but not sure why I dropped it lol. Also be reminded that Dai is rumored to have over 100 episodes so you can decide if you want to follow it week-by-week.
Holy crap! Though Dai's original showing was all of my childhood, and my memory of it has huge holes in the show's plot given that I wasn't able to watch it regularly. I need to finish it this time :p.

Inspired by you people, here's what my list looks like for now :
And Taisou Zamurai looks mighty interesting

Reactions: Jim_Cacher