|OT| This is the Anime Thread, Darling~~

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Beyond the clouds is still the Sinkai movie that resonated most with me. Of course, Your Name is amazing, but don't sleep on the other ones!

OP
Hektor

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
My friend watched the movie in 7 consecutive days when it was airing in the theaters over here. Sick.
I assume you mean 7 times in a row? Or in 7 bits and pieces because they couldn't hold their tears back?

OP
Hektor

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Started watching Kakegurui

literally just a 4d midngame anime with lots of lesbian ecchi energy and some psychological torture

hell yea

OP
Hektor

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Okokokok

guys

We got a new employee today

And he came to me to ask for some userrights

And he noticed my Windowsusericon

So he asked "What anime is that?"

And internally i was like "HOLY SHIT HE KNOWS THE WORD"

And so i said "it's Evangelion".

Then he said he recently got into anime, watching some Ghibli movies on Netflix and thanked me for the recommendation and that he'll look into it.

Oops.

:H02dab:

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

I also finished Kakegurui S1+2 and the VE movie + OVA

Kakegurui S1 was fantastic beginning to end, the first half of the second season was trash but the last 4 episodes were really good again.
The VE movie was a warcrime of sadness, the OVA was alright.

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
Okokokok

guys

We got a new employee today

And he came to me to ask for some userrights

And he noticed my Windowsusericon

So he asked "What anime is that?"

And internally i was like "HOLY SHIT HE KNOWS THE WORD"

And so i said "it's Evangelion".

Then he said he recently got into anime, watching some Ghibli movies on Netflix and thanked me for the recommendation and that he'll look into it.

Oops.

:H02dab:

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

I also finished Kakegurui S1+2 and the VE movie + OVA

Kakegurui S1 was fantastic beginning to end, the first half of the second season was trash but the last 4 episodes were really good again.
The VE movie was a warcrime of sadness, the OVA was alright.
Why would you even recommend Evangelion to someone just starting the ride.
Go with a good mecha anime, FFS.
Like Gurenn Lagann. Or Patlabor. Or heck, even RahXephon.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
If you really need to go Mecha, Full Metal Panic! is going to be a lot safer than what-the-hell-did-I-just-watch-elion. Otherwise, Cowboy Bebop all the way.

zonk

Mar 29, 2019
I've used to watch a ton of anime but stopped doing so a few years ago, because there wasn't just anything appealing to me anymore. Almost every season I've skimmed the AniCharts to see if anything looked interesting, but nothing piqued my interest. Now I want to reduce my time wasted on various social media and I find myself with lots of extra time :D Then I saw AniList linked here and started browsing and found Kimetsu no Yaiba. Looks interesting enough and fairly popular, so I'm giving it a shot :) Maybe it can get me back into a show or two each season.

Oh yeah, if anybody feels like it, feel free to check out my profile (I imported from MAL) and give me recommendations based on my ratings :) Especially of stuff from the last few years. I've checked out One Punch Man and My Hero Academia already, but not much else, I think.

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
Oh yeah, if anybody feels like it, feel free to check out my profile (I imported from MAL) and give me recommendations based on my ratings :) Especially of stuff from the last few years. I've checked out One Punch Man and My Hero Academia already, but not much else, I think.
Haikyuu!!

Reactions: Ascheroth

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Mob Psycho 100!

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
When you make the decision to spend your saturday rewatching Madoka Magica

That show took me by such complete surprise So incredibly good.

This is unironically the NGE of the magical girl genre, and it's so damn well done. It doesn't just subvert, it does so much with its characters and world.

「Echo」

鈴鹿御前。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
I loved Madoka and than the ending of Movie 3 put me in such a depression I fucking retroactively loathed it. I cannot stand it. It breaks my heart and I hate it for that. The author's motivations make no sense to me. Swapping one tragedy for another, trivializing one of the most selfless acts in all of anime. ... why? For what? 😠

==================

Speaking of SHAFT though, my Monogatari blu-ray set is complete. From Bakemonogatari all the way to Zoku Owari and everything in between. So now I will watch this beginning to end.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
I watched Evangelion 3.0

What
I have so many questions
What
Welcome to the wait. You spared yourself 8 years of it :p.

Also, I feel so much of it is really bad characterization that's exaggerated for shock value. It's really inconsistent with 2 which is where my beef mostly lies.

Reactions: Kvik and AHA-Lambda

「Echo」

鈴鹿御前。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Enjoy the hentai.
:doubtblob:

I read the books. (I've read all of Nisioisin's stuff, I like his style.) I know what I'm getting into mostly.

SHAFT has a nice style with this one, clearly inspired by VOFAN's cover art. The OST is nice as well.

Well that said I still think SHAFT hasn't bested their Zetsubou Sensei days.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kvik

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
Welcome to the wait. You spared yourself 8 years of it :p.

Also, I feel so much of it is really bad characterization that's exaggerated for shock value. It's really inconsistent with 2 which is where my beef mostly lies.
I can understand why it's polarising, and on its own merits it doesn't sadly offer much; mostly setting things up for what is to come I imagine

The characterisation I agree with, everyone is a total dick to Shinji throughout the whole film, and so much of what went down could have been avoided if someone had just explained things to him.

My biggest issue with the film though is that it seems to relish in showing off that "things are different now" without explaining any of it. It feels like an entire movie happened that we all missed out on; I'm certain that's deliberate but doesn't wholly excuse the confusion when no attempt is made to fill in the blanks in any way.
So much of what happened just made me think "but why?" and doesn't seem to follow more "conventional" Eva logic.

Why is Shinji and Eva 01 in space?
What is the nemesis series?
What is a Lance of Cassius? How is it different to the spear of Longinus? And why are there 2 of them?
Wtf happened to Lilith?
Wtf happened to Mk6? Why is there an Angel in it?
What does Kaworu mean by being demoted?
Why does pulling the 2 spears out cause the 4th Impact?
Was there a 3rd Impact? It looks like it from the devastation that has been caused, but it didn't cause instrumentality, and only the Near 3rd Impact is mentioned, which surely didn't cause all this damage as it only lasted a few moments?
What actually causes an Impact scenario to occur? As the TV series seemed more consistent in the rules for this than the Rebuild series. I'm sure SEELE and Gendo's goals haven't changed but the plans seem to have.
Who is Mari? We're told nothing about her.

So yeah as you can tell my head is just puddled with questions and not in the usual speculative type that Eva provides for. I feel like I need to sit and devour a wiki

Reactions: Kvik and Swenhir
OP
Hektor

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
AHA-Lambda, It gets even more confusing if you watch the beginning of the 4th and last movie

i gotta be honest, i LOVE EVA, BEST ANIME OF ALL TIME but if it were just for the movies alone, without the original TV Show and EoE, i wouldn't be anywhere as big a fan.

They are really fun, incredibly well directed and have rad action and music, as well as more Asuka - which is always great -, but narratively, the movies have been very confusing thus far,

Nonetheless, i am really excited for the last movie because i hope it will put a good finish to this movie series and actuall tell us what the movies evenare about thematically.

Reactions: AHA-Lambda

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
:doubtblob:

I read the books. (I've read all of Nisioisin's stuff, I like his style.) I know what I'm getting into mostly.

SHAFT has a nice style with this one, clearly inspired by VOFAN's cover art. The OST is nice as well.

Well that said I still think SHAFT hasn't bested their Zetsubou Sensei days.
No, no, believe me, you will understand what I'm talking about once you reach Nisemonogatari. Shinbo almost behaved himself in the first series, scenes with Mayoi notwithstanding, but in the later series...
Well.
:sweaty-blob:

OP
Hektor

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
I rewatched Black Lagoon

I had the action sequences in better memory, nor did i remember all the rape, but Revy was as great as she always was tho.

I also watched BNA

Fairly disappointed about this one.
The first episode is really cool, good direction, a good fight, film-noir inspiration, but all of that vanishes and the show fairly quickly turns into a Little Witch Academia reject with 2 very gory moments and an Auschwitz flashback that are at odds with the family friendly nature of the rest of the show.

And when i say LWA reject i mean the show has everything from similar character designs to the same idea of humor (just about 1/8th as funny).

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
I rewatched Black Lagoon

I had the action sequences in better memory, nor did i remember all the rape, but Revy was as great as she always was tho.

I also watched BNA

Fairly disappointed about this one.
The first episode is really cool, good direction, a good fight, film-noir inspiration, but all of that vanishes and the show fairly quickly turns into a Little Witch Academia reject with 2 very gory moments and an Auschwitz flashback that are at odds with the family friendly nature of the rest of the show.

And when i say LWA reject i mean the show has everything from similar character designs to the same idea of humor (just about 1/8th as funny).
That's a shame :(. You remind me, how did Promare turn out?

That levy pose never fails to remind me of that Ergo Proxy shot too. I wonder if we'll ever get more Black Lagoon.

OP
Hektor

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
That's a shame :(. You remind me, how did Promare turn out?

That levy pose never fails to remind me of that Ergo Proxy shot too. I wonder if we'll ever get more Black Lagoon.
Still haven't watched it yet myself because i expected it to air in german cinemas like it did in the rest of europe...

It's hard being a weeb

Reactions: Swenhir

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
Finished Hunter x Hunter (2011).

Few qualms aside, it was pretty fun. Explored many ideas you don't usually find in Shounens.