PSA Welcome to MetaCouncil!

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
wow, so many new people, what is even going on? ... it's crazy!

welcome to Naoshibu, inky, naff, Linkark07, Dosmo, Coopolon, BreezyLimbo, warp_, TomShoe, kristoffer, vonarth, bender, unknownhero, Eduardo Corrochio, ElitePenguin, Peanut=====D, Swenhir, Rahxephon91, Zojirushi, Snoopycat, Mudface, Macrebs, Nyarlathotep, PopfulMail, GekiV and Anne ... glad you all decided to join our little forum :D hope you'll have a good time in here

oh, and as always - just a reminder: please please PLEASE read ToS ... i know no one reads that stuff anywhere and just clicks "agree" ... but this forum runs on a slightly different set of rules from all the other ones ... just so there are no surprised as to why stuff is happening the way it does :)

Anne

Apr 18, 2019
I read the ToS, I get what's going on. I'm pretty weary of Gaf-adjacent sites and personalities (I skipped Era entirely as a result), but this at least seems like it'd be fun to be in on. What's going on is your site got linked in every discord I'm in that likes to shit talk about GAF/Era drama and everybody went "wait, this could be either chill or a trainwreck I can help steer." I like forums so I'll be chill and hope this doesn't blow up.

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Nyarlathotep

The Crawling Chaos
Apr 18, 2019
oh, and as always - just a reminder: please please PLEASE read ToS ... i know no one reads that stuff anywhere and just clicks "agree" ... but this forum runs on a slightly different set of rules from all the other ones ... just so there are no surprised as to why stuff is happening the way it does :)
I basically signed up because I like how you're rolling with that TOS

Reactions: Prodigy and lashman

BreezyLimbo

Total Waaagh
Apr 18, 2019

welcome to Naoshibu, inky, naff, Linkark07, Dosmo, Coopolon, BreezyLimbo, warp_, TomShoe, kristoffer, vonarth, bender, unknownhero, Eduardo Corrochio, ElitePenguin, Peanut=====D, Swenhir, Rahxephon91, Zojirushi, Snoopycat, Mudface, Macrebs, Nyarlathotep, PopfulMail, GekiV and Anne ... glad you all decided to join our little forum :D hope you'll have a good time in here

Thanks for the welcome! you may know me as the guy who posts cool gifs

HI DAN! 8D 8D

Peanut=====D

Apr 18, 2019
I'm here because ERA is a complete dumpster fire and I can't wait to see it die. If this is the place to do it, great. Go forth to the discords people!

Reactions: inky

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019

Thanks for the welcome. I didn't expect it to be this friendly :). I did read the ToS and found it to be a pleasant surprise.

I came here partially because of a problem in the Era PC gaming circle but mostly it's because I kept hearing about this place as people circled the wagons around the EGS controversy. Aaand I just noticed your username. Well, no wonder : you're the person whose twitter thread I have to keep quoting. Thanks for making it!

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Thanks for the welcome! you may know me as the guy who posts cool gifs
well that's definitely a cool gif! Total Warhammer 2, right?

and yes, welcome! :D

Looks like I made it! Thanks for the warm welcome, lashman!
indeed you did .... welcome, welcome! :)

Uh, hello there! :)

Thanks for the welcome. I didn't expect it to be this friendly :).

Aaand I just noticed your username. Well, no wonder : you're the person whose twitter thread I have to keep quoting. Thanks for making it!
ah yes, that thing .... i'm glad at least a few people read it ... all 100 tweets, haha

but yes, welcome, welcome! :D

This isn't the place for that, no. If you came here solely for this reason you will be quite disappointed. 😓
indeed ... we're here to talk about games ... there are so many awesome ones coming out nowadays ... who even has the time to talk about anything else? :D

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Yup! It's consumed me. Over 200 hours since last summer. It's like...the variety of a fighting game(In terms of pickable 'fighters'), RPG mechanics, skill trees, civilisation, and of course the RTS.

its so good
... and they keep releasing new DLC for it all the time too!

(it really is sooo good!)

uraizen

Oct 7, 2018
I read the ToS, I get what's going on. I'm pretty weary of Gaf-adjacent sites and personalities (I skipped Era entirely as a result), but this at least seems like it'd be fun to be in on. What's going on is your site got linked in every discord I'm in that likes to shit talk about GAF/Era drama and everybody went "wait, this could be either chill or a trainwreck I can help steer." I like forums so I'll be chill and hope this doesn't blow up.
Ah, Anne, what's up?

uraizen

Oct 7, 2018
Same old bullshit. Thinking about making an arcade stick thread but don't have the patience to format out a larger OP.
I think just links to shops and recommendations would be good enough. It's all I ever used an arcade stick OP for other than asking a genuine question that's never in the OP of one.

Anne

Apr 18, 2019
I think just links to shops and recommendations would be good enough. It's all I ever used an arcade stick OP for other than asking a genuine question that's never in the OP of one.
Yeah maybe I'll just throw something together really quick later. That and a fighting game thread would be nice, but I'm not interested in making the latter if somebody else wants to (if it doesn't exist and I just missed it that is).

uraizen

Oct 7, 2018
Yeah maybe I'll just throw something together really quick later. That and a fighting game thread would be nice, but I'm not interested in making the latter if somebody else wants to (if it doesn't exist and I just missed it that is).
I don't think there is one yet. I have no clue what somebody would put in the OP.

BO7AMMOOD

Lucas isn't sure what to do anymore
Apr 18, 2019
welcome, welcome! :)
---

... and welcome to BO7AMMOOD and Stone Ocean too! glad you decided to join us ... hope you'll have a good time in here! :)
Thanks again lashman! I'll just lazily quote my message from the Steam thread if that's alright :p

Hey folks!

First post here. Very happy to have joined the council just yesterday. Long, long time lurker on the Steam thread since Gaf days and Era afterwards. Been meaning to register and contribute to the community for ages since you're all such cool people! I even added a big bunch of you on Steam during that friend adding wave last winter sale if I'm remembering correctly. Feel free to add me on Steam if we're not friends there already!

I kept procrastinating on registering because I lost access to my old college e-mail. Shout-out to lashman for helping me out with this! Thanks again for having me here :smiling-eyes:

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
goddammit Puncher!

---

and welcome to enkaisu, Tripon, Cindi Mayweather, Taco De La Noche, DocHolliday, Bhodi Li, deftones r cool, ScreamingViper, Hitomi J-Scrub, jozzkat and dmaul1114 ... glad you all decided to stop by :D hope you'll enjoy your time in here