Community What are you currently playing?

pahamrick

Pricky Ricky Dicky Bob
Sep 6, 2018
Uh... My backlog includes 2 consoles... Do I have to count Game Pass games there too?!
I think for the sake of sanity, official backlog should be limited to games you actually own and not stuff that's part of a subscription service. Like I'm not going to count stuff I got from PS+ because the vast majority I don't give a shit about playing and I don't own it.

Reactions: lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
most of those wouldn't even get past the splash screens after 1 minute :p

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Darksiders 2 remaster. And I guess I might play some Let it Die tomorrow.

ooooh, Darksiders 2 ... now that's a good game! i had so much fun playing it back in the day ... can't wait to get my hands on the new one!

Omakell

Together we stand, as the Alliance!
Sep 25, 2018
Madrid
i'm trying to beat two games that are absolute time-sinkers, stellaris and Dragon quest xi, and honestly having a blast with both. And as you guys said above me, the new assasin's looks interesting. I guess i'm ste for the next few months, between Ac:Oddisey, Call of Cthulu and the new Darksiders. Well see, but so far this year comes packed full with games

Schnitzelfee

Token German
Sep 6, 2018
Outer Space
Stellaris is so good Omakell , played it for a few hundred hours already... but Im waiting for the next big update that should be landing before Christmas before I pump even more time into it :D

Omakell

Sep 25, 2018
Madrid
i'm still at the "101 - how to xeno bash" level with maybe 3 h on a match, but so far it's a sid meier's on steroids. it's super felxible, and surpisingly intuitive. i'm still hesitant about the dlc's tho. i feel that dont bring enough to the game, i think it feels fantastic as is. Maybe on a sale though, well see.

Schnitzelfee

Token German
Sep 6, 2018
Outer Space
I would say the DLC is worth it if you really like the game, ads lots of stories, little things and flair to the game, stuff you appreciate if you have played it for a while...
But of curse its a bottomless barrel type of deal like with every big Paradox game... luckily they are on sale often...
I own them all and don't regret it, but yeah... wait for a sale and play it a bit more before getting them

Omakell

Sep 25, 2018
Madrid
Maybe the apocalypse pack, so I can be the imperium of man and exterminatus every heresy ever.
The possibilities!

Schnitzelfee

Token German
Sep 6, 2018
Outer Space
The OST is really good... but I tend to turn them off after a while in such games (massive endless strategy games you play for hundreds of hours) and turn on a podcast or other music... can only listen to the same tracks so often :D

But I did listen to the OST on its own sometimes too when I need chill background music

Nahkapukki

Finest Finn
Sep 7, 2018
The Iciest Hole
I should totally get back to that as well. I bought it as UWP 'cause I wanted to switch between Xbox and PC. Little did I know that both of the versions had severe performance bugs in them. Oh joy...

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I'll mop up Ebin Within 2 first. I think I'm closing in on the finish, great game and unappreciated for no good reason.
yeah, i don't know why either ... it's a really good game ... i know etdp loves it as well! :)

I haven't played either Evil Within game yet, unfortunately. They are definitely on my wishlist
as they should be ... they're both really really good (especially the second one and DLC for the first one)

AxeVince

Dev of some games
Sep 6, 2018
oh, don't get me wrong - of course i pre-ordered AssOdd (yes, i know it's with one "d" but this is what i'm sticking with for this game! #dealwithit) a long, long time ago (you're welcome, AxeVince :p ) ... but it'll probably be a while before i even start playing it :(
Thank you for your support Lash ^^.
I am currently playing Dead Cells waiting to get to ACOD. pahamrick Weekly content will come back, don't worry about it :).

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
I'm currently playing through the original Dark Souls with DSFix. The game still holds up pretty well ant the atmosphere is top notch, the feel of discovery is very rewarding like when I go to some place that seems so far and suddenly I found a shortcut leading me back to Firelink Shrine.

CrazyJuan

Pirate Legend
Oct 9, 2018
Shadow of the Tomb Raider some, Forza Horizon 4 a bit. But mostly still Sea of Thieves. Just recently wrapped up all the commendations for the Forsaken Shores expansion, which was a pretty good challenge of PVE and PVP to get it all done. Also some really good laughs and adventures with friends, triumphs and defeats in PVP. Looking forward to the next Bilge Rat adventure, The Day of the Damned. Also added a few new outfits and ship liveries to my Pirate Fashionista closet. Love the "Ocean Crawler" set, as the colors aren't like any other set in the game.

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
So I stopped playing Dark Souls for now because I need something different (and because I suck so much) and started playing XCOM: Enemy Unknown. It was sitting in my backlog for a long time, and after a few hours played I can say this game is going to make me feel mad, scream foul words and probably rage quitting in a mission where everything is going wrong. While I don't reach this point, I'm enjoying the game.

Deleted member 113

I started Soulcalibur 6, and it's pretty awesome. (y)
Lovely graphics, soundtrack, illustrations, narration, the game has a great presentation. Gameplay wise, it's a lot of fun, and the PC version runs flawlessly on my PC.

I completed the main story mode (which takes around 2 hours), and now I'm going through each of the characters side-stories, which so far have taken around 20-30 minutes each.
After that, it will be time for Libra of Soul, which I'm really looking forward to play.

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
Just finished odyssey 100% after 76 hours. Now warriors orochi 4 and soul calibur:D
It took me like 110 hours and I still missed a few sidequests and question marks around Lesbos, Chios etc...

So just finished AC Odyssey as well, tried to restart Spiderman but still not feeling it. Went back to Pathfinder but ran into a bug where I'm stuck inside my city so restarted SOMA last night, enjoying that.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
i still haven't even finished Oranges ... but my CPU is so shit that i can't get the game to run at anything above 35-40fps, even on low (so obviously cpu is the bottleneck here) .... which sucks tremendously 'cause i just can't play anything at 30fps :( not being elitist or anything, it just makes me nauseous

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018

Continuing The World Ends With You, Android version.
The game systems are quite unconventional for a JRPG, but I like it. Few annoying features are the disclosing of special abilities in equipment by shopkeepers and Pin evolution (had to look up GameFAQs for that).
I don't know how DS players played the game, but on single touchscreen, combat is a little wonky and very swipe/tap heavy.

And uhhh... main character's quite dense :p

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I'm currently playing Breath of the Wild. It runs decently in Cemu now, and has mods to make it work with the Steam Controller (UI & Gyro support). Pretty cool stuff.
i only tried to run it once or twice ... but it never ran above like 20fps for me ... even recently :( guess my CPU is just too shitty for it, sadly

at least i got it for like $10, so i'm not too bothered ... but still

oh, and speaking of which - you should drop some screenshots in the PC Screenshot thread ;)

Last edited:

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
i only tried to run it once or twice ... but it never ran above like 20fps for me ... even recently :( guess my CPU is just too shitty for it, sadly

at least i got it for like $10, so i'm not too bothered ... but still

oh, and speaking of which - you should drop some screenshots in the PC Screenshot thread;)
It was running at 15fps for me, until I enabled the FPS++ graphics pack. Now it stays around 30, but goes higher depending on setting. I'm sure there are other options I can enable, but I'm totally fine with this performance. Give it a shot sometime.