Community What are you currently playing?

Matimeo

MetaMember
Oct 21, 2018
Been way too busy with deadlines at work but lately

Division 2 , as much as I really like it , havent played in awhile just because it takes a bit more time and mental energy to really enjoy.
MK11 , working my way thru story mode and each character's tower
Rage 2, having fun with this one. really need something mindless, and this helps fill that gap

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
Just finished Whispers of a Machine. Overall, I liked it. The augmentations were a cool idea, and the setting/story/characters were decent(though a bit forgettable). The puzzles are for the most part logical, though sometimes vague. I'd definitely recommend it to people who like point and click adventure games, but I don't think it will end up being a classic or anything. 7/10 and only 5 hours long so not a huge commitment.

I'm just happy to have finally finished another game this year.

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Stevey

Gromlintroid
Dec 8, 2018
Started a new play-through of POE2: Deadfire, never really got into it the first time, only made it to the first big city.
Going to stick with it this time.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I just finished Assassin's Creed Rogue, and the risk to drop the next one out of repetitiveness is too high...
Installing Unity right now. I may have a slight AC issue :dizzy-face:

Reactions: lashman

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Well that didn't work out as expected, lol.

Didn't play G-Senjou at all, and instead only Arkham City. I finished that though. Very neat game. The Catwoman sections were very eh though, her traversal is way less fun than Batman.

Unsure of what gameplay game I play next while waiting for Yakuza patcher.
Maybe Guacamelee, hm.

BlueOdin

Dec 3, 2018
Currently playing Yakuza Kiwami 2. Finished the Clan Creator and now doing the Club Cabaret. After that I do the side stuff marked with a pink quest marker.

After that I should play Druidstone since I really enjoyed the two missions I did but I'm more in the mood for some third person shooting. Debating of either replaying MAx Payne 3 or trying Watch_Dogs 2.

Also got back into Civ VI. Not as extreme that I want the big addons right now but it will probably a lot of my time anyway.

undu

Mar 17, 2019
I'm playing all three hexcell games. They get progressively harder: the first game is really easy compared to the last one, they are all very good still.

I'm looking what to play next. the other Mathew Brown's games very similar to picross and I don't enjoy them as much as a full-blown picross game. I think I'll go for snakebird primer, the first one defeated me :p

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
I really wish I could get into Subnautica. I can see what makes it so great, but it just doesn't click with me... For whatever reason I seem to bounce off 100% open-ended stuff. Give me guidance damn it!

Think I'm going to dive into Fran Bow instead.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I really wish I could get into Subnautica. I can see what makes it so great, but it just doesn't click with me... For whatever reason I seem to bounce off 100% open-ended stuff. Give me guidance damn it!
Use the radio. It will continously give you new points of interests to check out and also move the story along.
Subnautica has a clear story and end.

Reactions: Dandy

Ruvon

Chaotic writer
May 15, 2019
France
cabinetdechaologie.wordpress.com
Currently playing We. The Revolution.

I'm French and quite interested in History, so I have to put aside all I know about the French Revolution because there's no historical accuracy at all in this game. And it's very strange to hear english voice acting trying to pronounce french words, it feels so fake...

Apart from that, it's an interesting game of power and politics ; you can try to serve justice but it will not necessarily end well... The main plot leads you towards self interest, revenge and betrayal rather than justice, you often end up ruling in court in favor or against factions to serve your own agenda.

I'm near the end of Act 2 but I'm very curious about Act 3.... Good game to play in short sessions because it can be a bit repetitive.

French translation is quite good, that's a very important point because it's often awful in video games and it would have been a shame for a game that takes place in France....

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
I've played A Hat in Time some more, and also started a new Mortal Empires campaign in TW: Warhammer 2 with Carcassonne (Bretonnia). Very challenging to say at least.

Reactions: ISee

Kuro

"Oh yeah? Aren't you gonna punish me?"
Dec 22, 2018
Started playing Hades and it's addictive & awesome, surpassing my expectations.

Reactions: Ryne

Ryne

MetaMember
Oct 18, 2018
Started playing Hades and it's addictive & awesome, surpassing my expectations.
It is a really good game I've played since release, I wish I didn't suck at it so much though.

Currently head over heels playing horizon 4, just grinding out money and skill points to get these cars I want. I love timewaster games like this because I don't feel like a failure when I end up dropping them.

Reactions: Kuro

Spamlynguist

I can never decide on an avatar
Dec 31, 2018
Finished up the Nightmare in Northpoint of Sleeping Dogs yesterday, probably going to try to finish the Year of the Snake DLC later today.

After that I'll probably go back to the main game + the DLCs for 100% completion.

Xiaomi

The Texas Hammer
May 12, 2019
Taiwan
Up to Chapter 13 in Kiwami 2 now. It's... actually really fucking good? I went into this one a complete Yakuza virgin and had zero expectations except "people say this series is kind of like Shenmue" (which I can see... very faintly). It's like the devs agreed to put as much stuff as they could into two small areas and just make it all as good as possible. They did a fantastic job. Second favorite game this year so far, just under Devotion.Probably going to pick uo Yakuza 0 after this one. Hope Judgment delivers as well.

Last edited:

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
I'm playing Elder Scrolls Online. Rolled a necromancer yesterday, and having fun so far.

Xiaomi

The Texas Hammer
May 12, 2019
Taiwan
Finished Kiwami 2 today. Took me about 26 hours total, but I didn't do most of the sidequests. Just a completely ridiculous final hour, in a good way. Competently told story with a great villain, tons of stuff to do, and above average combat/exploration. The only flaws I found were that there is some padding in there towards the end, and some of the fights are way too long. Other than that, highly recommend for anyone who likes action RPGs, crime dramas, martial arts, and/or Japan.

e. And now I just bought Yakuza 0 because it was less than $20.

Last edited:

Crayon

Schizofantastic
May 25, 2019
Lets see. Its saturday now. Then last satuday.... the one before that. So like for two straight weeks I've played nothing but sega saturn. A lot of the great games are arcadey in nature so I flip them in and out. Sega rally, nights, etc. But I have three that are really getting me rn. VF2, Quake, and Dark Savior. Playing quake on saturn is obviously pretty rough lol. BUT I REALLY LOVE SATURN.

I haven't hooked one of these up in too long. It must have been 6 or 7 years. But yes, literally nothing but saturn going on two weeks now. And I may have ended up on ebay some late night because games and accessories keep showing up in the mail. I just got decathalete. And I've never played Panzer Dragoon 2, but its-a comin!

Last edited:

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Played Vermintide 1 all afternoon. My first time playing and just because my ocd wasn't totally ok with playing the sequel without also doing this one.

And boy does this game is dead, I encountered maybe 4 people total. And the bots are stupid. And the game leaves a very bad first impression.
But I can't deny that it grew on me and I surprised myself doing mission after mission. It's clearly a L4D rip off but the melee change things enough. And there is the Warhammer universe.
I could even feel bad for not having played it when the game was healthier.

That being said, the loot system is an affront to life itself.
Pretty sure Japanese gacha games would take umbrage to it.

Reactions: Crayon

Big_Al

Miserable old git
Jan 22, 2019
Played through Rage 2 and then went through another playthrough of Warhammer 40k: Space Marines in one sitting last night. Still got to finish Far Cry 5, The Division 2 and I want to start Assassins Creed Origins. What that all really means though is I'll probably stick on Killing Floor 2 again for a bit.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Playing Grim Dawn as part of the Steam Spring Clean and really enjoying it. It's so simple to play yet it's really enjoyable watching fodder explode or fly off the screen when you crit them. It looks nice and atmospheric, sounds great, tons of loot and could easily be my go-to Podcast game.

Also playing some Hidden Object games as there's tons of them in my library so Steam Cleaning requires i play some. Oh woe is me, it's like being forced to eat delicious ice-cream.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Played some more Hat in Time tonight. Some of the levels are really well done, I'm having a great time! The only thing that annoys the f*ck out of me are the bosses in chapter 3. Long boring fights in combination with trial and error and one-hit-kills aren't much fun imo. I hope the end bosses in the other chapters are better designed.

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
Lately I've been playing a slightly modded Fallout 4, but not sure if I'll keep going with it. Is not a horrible game by any means, it just hasn't grabbed me like Fallout 3 did years ago. Then there's Final Fantasy X. So far I'm not impressed, but well, 3 hours into a JRPG might be to early to judge anything, and of course Mordhau to satisfy all my multiplayer needs.

teezzy

formerly 'deftones r cool'
Apr 19, 2019
Playing Grim Dawn as part of the Steam Spring Clean and really enjoying it. It's so simple to play yet it's really enjoyable watching fodder explode or fly off the screen when you crit them. It looks nice and atmospheric, sounds great, tons of loot and could easily be my go-to Podcast game.

Also playing some Hidden Object games as there's tons of them in my library so Steam Cleaning requires i play some. Oh woe is me, it's like being forced to eat delicious ice-cream.
For $7.50, I just went ahead and finally bought Grim Dawn on a whim.

I haven't had my Diablo 2 fix in well over a decade, and I'll be darned if Grim Dawn doesn't strike me as a nice way of soothing that itch.

I'm making my way through KotOR again. Love this game so f'n much. Probably my all-time fav apart from Chrono Trigger.

Reactions: EdwardTivrusky

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
deftones r cool KoTOR, what a game, stone cold classic right there. I have my OG Xbox disks about here somewhere and i accidentally bought it twice in a recent bundle and i wasn't unhappy. I remember the final chapters of one of the two games lagging my xbox so much it would softlock regularly. Good times. I need to reinstall them and do a Ressurection mod run sometime this year, it's been a while.

I'm playing the free version of Grim Dawn, it's been on my wishlist for years and i'm glad i was prompted to finally try it out.

Reactions: teezzy

teezzy

formerly 'deftones r cool'
Apr 19, 2019
deftones r cool KoTOR, what a game, stone cold classic right there. I have my OG Xbox disks about here somewhere and i accidentally bought it twice in a recent bundle and i wasn't unhappy. I remember the final chapters of one of the two games lagging my xbox so much it would softlock regularly. Good times. I need to reinstall them and do a Ressurection mod run sometime this year, it's been a while.

I'm playing the free version of Grim Dawn, it's been on my wishlist for years and i'm glad i was prompted to finally try it out.
Yeah, honestly, the game just never seems to age. Like obv certain mechanics are dated - the graphics, the "empty" environments, and some may even dislike the combat for whatever reason, but what matters most in these types of games is story, memorable characters, and the ability to create an engaging world. All things which KotOR knock out of the park.

I'll admit, I've never tried the sequel. It's on my list after this though. I've heard there's more 'grey area' in terms of good vs bad decisions, and that intrigues me.

Reactions: EdwardTivrusky

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Started Zwei Zwei.

Such a great game, and the last "old Falcom" game: built on and for PC, not pandering too much to recent Anime designs (though there's a fair share, it doesn't alienate me, I actually like how the (especially female) characters dress).
The interface is also so great, and custom-made for PC. You can easily play everything on a mouse (though I use the space key for jumping, since the default (mouse 3) is tad awkward, and the mouse I use on a couch (Logitech Master S) doesn't have great side buttons to map to).

I love how it continues the world building from the first game, and Pipiro and Pockle appear in this one too! I really advise people to play this one after Zwei Eins, you'll appreciate the advances in level design and mechanics, and the world buildling much more.

Reactions: Arsene and lashman

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
Finished up Rage 2 so now it's finally time to focus on Pillars of Eternity 2 with a little TW: Three Kingdoms here and there.

Pretty excited to get back to PoE2. The moment has arrived for all to fear Ramsey, the swashbuckling king of the seas! <checks notes> Oh.. I mean they'll learn to love Ramsey! No matter how many times I try I don't have it in me to play an evil character. :disappointed-face:

Crayon

Schizofantastic
May 25, 2019
Played through Rage 2 and then went through another playthrough of Warhammer 40k: Space Marines in one sitting last night. Still got to finish Far Cry 5, The Division 2 and I want to start Assassins Creed Origins. What that all really means though is I'll probably stick on Killing Floor 2 again for a bit.
Ive wanted to play 40k space marine for the longest time. It feels like i will never get around to it. Hearing you can get through it quick is nice. I need more stuff like that in rotation and less rpgs.

Stevey

Gromlintroid
Dec 8, 2018
SIGIL

If you've ordered either of the boxed editions you can email your order confirmation to Romero and you get a download link.

Reactions: ISee

TubaZef

MetaMember
Dec 19, 2018
Final Fantasy X, first time playing it.

Much better than I was expecting, which was something like VIII. It's still Final Fantasy and so, the story is full of anime cliches and cringe-worthy scenes but the characters are pretty interesting, the world is well built with a very unique setting (it's futuristic but not quite, I really don't know how to describe it) and the combat system is pretty clever. There's still a lot to go but it's shaping up to become one of my favorites in the series

Reactions: Durante

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Insomnia led me to try Fight’n’Rage.

The game is maybe not without merit, but all I got from it is that I don’t give a shit about this type of game anymore. Or maybe that’s a byproduct of the general tastelessness of everything in it. I’m absolutely not a prude and don’t care about furry, but when I started it I was greeted by a female fighter with huge bouncing boobs. Then came the anthropomorphic animals dressed with a nazi vibe. Then one of the level takes place in a kitchen where the nazi furries cook humans.
Tasteless.

The game might be competent, I just don’t give a shit about its aesthetic.

FunnyJay