Community Are you on a diet, MetaCouncil?

OP
NarohDethan

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Fridays and sometimes Saturdays have become my cheat day. I wonder how much progress I'm undoing with that.

teezzy

formerly 'deftones r cool'
Apr 19, 2019
Fridays and sometimes Saturdays have become my cheat day. I wonder how much progress I'm undoing with that.
Are you on keto? You'd be shocked how little it takes to break ketosis, and how long it takes to have your body transition back into it.

Reactions: NarohDethan
OP
NarohDethan

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
Are you on keto? You'd be shocked how little it takes to break ketosis, and how long it takes to have your body transition back into it.
I'm not really on keto. I incorporate many of its recommendations but I never check or purposely go into ketosis.

teezzy

Apr 19, 2019
I'm not really on keto. I incorporate many of its recommendations but I never check or purposely go into ketosis.
You can lose weight fairly effectively by doing low carb or low fat per day. Avoid sugar at all costs if possible unless it's a fruit and you're eating the whole fruit and absorbing the fiber to help your body process it. If you find yourself eating high fat and high carbs both one day,,, chances are unless you go insane at the gym or insanely low with your calories, you won't be losing weight.

Sucks too, because I make one hell of a caramel apple cheesecake ="(

OP
NarohDethan

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
You can lose weight fairly effectively by doing low carb or low fat per day. Avoid sugar at all costs if possible unless it's a fruit and you're eating the whole fruit and absorbing the fiber to help your body process it. If you find yourself eating high fat and high carbs both one day,,, chances are unless you go insane at the gym or insanely low with your calories, you won't be losing weight.

Sucks too, because I make one hell of a caramel apple cheesecake ="(
Here's what I eat everyday:

Breakfast: A sandwich of ham and cheese, with these things instead of regular bread, 2 cups of coffee with minimal sugar:

Lunch: Grilled Chicken with vegetables (combinations of broccoli, spinach, cauliflower, carrots, corn)

Dinner: Either a cup of greek yogurth with a bit of cereal (less than half a cup of it) or eggs with sausage and cheese.

And a shit ton of water during the day. I try to avoid soda or drink diet coke.

teezzy

Apr 19, 2019
Sounds healthy to me. The water especially, I can't tell you how many times I've been "hungry" but I'm really just dehyrated. You can fill up on water pretty easily.

Have you been making progress?

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
169 this morning =) I havent been under 170 in months =)

Tuna eggs and broccoli diet is the GOAT lmfao
I don't know how I missed this yesterday. That's awesome! Congrats! :thumbsupblob:

I havent been measuring my weight. But my digestion is much, much better now.
Nice job! Sounds like you've got a pretty good routine going now. :)

I also realize I haven't checked back in since my last post. I got down to 141 briefly and thankfully caught it before going lower. I'm now back up to 145. :blobcheer:

OP
NarohDethan

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
I don't know how I missed this yesterday. That's awesome! Congrats! :thumbsupblob:

Nice job! Sounds like you've got a pretty good routine going now. :)

I also realize I haven't checked back in since my last post. I got down to 141 briefly and thankfully caught it before going lower. I'm now back up to 145. :blobcheer:
Get those gains šŸ˜Ž

teezzy

Apr 19, 2019
I bought some frozen pizza with a cauliflower crust.

Sucks ass due to being both a frozen pizza and having a bullshit crust

OP
NarohDethan

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
I had McDonalds and now Iā€™m regretting it :) because I cant sleep

Reactions: lashman

teezzy

Apr 19, 2019
Spent a chunk of change on some vintage furniture this week.

Lets see if I can survive on baked fish, kale, and eggs until Friday

Poverty is a wonderful excuse to diet

OP
NarohDethan

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
I need to cut back my coffee consumption, Iā€™m getting headaches when I drink more than 2 cups.

teezzy

Apr 19, 2019

I don't care what anyone says, JRE is so damned insightful and motivating.

OP
NarohDethan

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
I've been eating nothing but crap this week x_x gotta get my shit together

teezzy

Apr 19, 2019
Arguably because you "allowed" yourself to not get groceries last weekend. haha

I still implore you to give that video a spin. It was absolutely the perfect kick in the ass i needed in the right direction again.

Last edited:

teezzy

Apr 19, 2019
169 this morning =) I havent been under 170 in months =)

Tuna eggs and broccoli diet is the GOAT lmfao
I'm headed in the opposite direction again.

Tuna eggs and broccoli got me feeling like this?

Tuna broccoli and eggs I will stock tf up on then.

Add a healthy dose of kale, chicken, and fruits for diversity.

I should be good.

Also quitting diet soda/energy drinks after reading how the fake sugars mess up your gut microbes.

Screw that

OP
NarohDethan

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
I'm headed in the opposite direction again.

Tuna eggs and broccoli got me feeling like this?

Tuna broccoli and eggs I will stock tf up on then.

Add a healthy dose of kale, chicken, and fruits for diversity.

I should be good.

Also quitting diet soda/energy drinks after reading how the fake sugars mess up your gut microbes.

Screw that
Since I started drinking diet soda I drink much less soda overall. I like the flavor but not so much to drink it every day like I did with regular coke.

Reactions: teezzy

teezzy

Apr 19, 2019
Apparently aspartame/sucralose do the opposite of what probiotics do for your gut health.

Plus my poor, poor tooth enamel.

Sparkling water is p boss

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Damn can hardly close my pants anymore.XD I need to stop eating sugar, I don't eat much of it but seems that it still has made me gain weight. But my blood sugar levels were good at least. Problem with sugar is that as my psychiatrist told me, it's my way of loving myself when I have no other love in my life.

teezzy

Apr 19, 2019
Sugar is brutal, if you want something sweet go with fruit that's it has fiber and your body can process it more easily. Diet soda and chewing gum are also worthy sweet fixes. Avoid pretty much all other sweets though and you may see a difference right off the bat
It also probably goes without saying but but replace that artificial self-love with a healthy diet and some light exercise and I think you'd be shocked at just how much genuine self-love that can be it may also result and other positive outcomes

Last edited:

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Sugar is brutal, if you want something sweet go with fruit that's it has fiber and your body can process it more easily. Diet soda and chewing gum are also worthy sweet fixes. Avoid pretty much all other sweets though and you may see a difference right off the bat
It also probably goes without saying but but replace that artificial self-love with a healthy diet and some light exercise and I think you'd be shocked at just how much genuine self-love that can be it may also result and other positive outcomes
Ah yeah I eat fruit alot and I stay of all sugars except cookies and the like. I know how bad I am with candy and sodas, so those I've completely forbidden myself since a long time ago. So all in all I don't think I eat that much sugar but still more than I should.

teezzy

Apr 19, 2019
Ah yeah I eat fruit alot and I stay of all sugars except cookies and the like. I know how bad I am with candy and sodas, so those I've completely forbidden myself since a long time ago. So all in all I don't think I eat that much sugar but still more than I should.
I went sugar and carb free for half a year (keto) and I was stunned at how quickly the weight fell off. I was eating more than ever otherwise.

I'm getting a little tubby myself here lately, may have to resort back.

Fuuuu haha

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
I went sugar and carb free for half a year (keto) and I was stunned at how quickly the weight fell off. I was eating more than ever otherwise.

I'm getting a little tubby myself here lately, may have to resort back.

Fuuuu haha
Yeah my current plan is to avoid sugar, well at least not buy and have things like that at home, will of course indulge sometimes!:D So doing that together with intermitted fasting I hope it will reverse enough so that my clothes fit as they should again. Then later I'm probably going to start going to the gym, but first I need to stabilize a few things in my life.

teezzy

Apr 19, 2019
My diet consists of mostly raisin bran crunch and bean burritos lately

It has kept me very regular :)

My poor toilet

OP
NarohDethan

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
I've been steadily returning to more healthy dinners and breakfasts.

teezzy

Apr 19, 2019
Been stuck at a cool 180 for a while now. All my medium clothes are getting hella tight and i cant afford a new wardrobe

Damn you Digiorno stuffed crust and white chocolate Reese's

I'm such a stress eater, I hate it.

I need to go back to starving myself and eating only tuna and eggs with broccoli or whatever.

Can't believe I was 169 in august. wth have i been doing o_O

OP
NarohDethan

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
Been stuck at a cool 180 for a while now. All my medium clothes are getting hella tight and i cant afford a new wardrobe

Damn you Digiorno stuffed crust and white chocolate Reese's

I'm such a stress eater, I hate it.

I need to go back to starving myself and eating only tuna and eggs with broccoli or whatever.

Can't believe I was 169 in august. wth have i been doing o_O
Iā€™ve been going a week without cookies, feels good and bad, man. I really like cookies.

OP
NarohDethan

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
absolutely
I try to walk at least 2 miles a day so I dont get too fat and have some cardio on the day.

What do you guys have for dinner during Winter? I dont feel like having yogurth or eggs every night.

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
I try to walk at least 2 miles a day so I dont get too fat and have some cardio on the day.

What do you guys have for dinner during Winter? I dont feel like having yogurth or eggs every night.
Walking can help for sure and 2 miles is pretty good! Anything to get yourself moving is the most important thing.

Winter for me means a lot of soups, stews and chili. Also a lot of Italian beef sandwiches!

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Haha! I had thoughts of adding a warning after mentioning those sandwiches. They are so good! Especially if you're someone that likes pepper. I kind of cheat with how I make mine. I throw most of it into a slow cooker.

And they go great with soup or chili on the side. :)

OP
NarohDethan

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
Haha! I had thoughts of adding a warning after mentioning those sandwiches. They are so good! Especially if you're someone that likes pepper. I kind of cheat with how I make mine. I throw most of it into a slow cooker.

And they go great with soup or chili on the side. :)
They do look great! And chilli, nom nom.