|OT| Baldur's Gate 3 |OT| A bearly exciting adventure

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
So I'm in the city and trying to do some side quests and god, not only is one of them clearly unfinished, the entire area (or maybe just how the game is, unsure) is buggy as hell. It's the Investigate the fireworks shop quest - there's no dialogue options to get further in, I've tried sneaking and attacking from out of sight, but no matter what I do even on the 3rd floor of the building random citizens and guards see everything through the walls and spam running up and interrogating me. There's just literally no way for me to progress this quest without wiping out everyone within sight of the building or doing the combat and then going to jail after - because every movement, action, etc. in the building after the fight just triggers more people to run in and yell at me from random parts of town.

It's baffling and feels like it must be something with the building itself because I had a similar stealth fight in Act 2 and enemies 2 rooms over didn't even notice.

Edit: Forgot to add, even if I agree and leave and wait for them to filter out, the INSTANT I step back into an "off limits" pixel, someone jumps at me, even when they're facing away with doors closed outside the building. It's just mental.

Edit2: I just out of frustration walked in, threw a giant bomb, killed all the bad people, and no one reacted at all. But then, SNEAKING, 3 floors up, no windows, no line of sight markers showing, not in bright light, I looted literally 1 gold piece off a body and guards + NPCs started rushing in. Something is screwy - no even stealth check or anything.

Last edited:

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
about the difficulty setting, I went from normal to easy because I found the starting to be a slog and didn’t have the energy to struggle with fights…. But now every fight is so easy! I just beat Serevok without any trouble at all, I mean he only got ONE hit in on me.

Amzin yeah I think that quest is half done or bugged or something. There just isn’t a smooth way to do it.

Reactions: lashman

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
So I'm in the city and trying to do some side quests and god, not only is one of them clearly unfinished, the entire area (or maybe just how the game is, unsure) is buggy as hell. It's the Investigate the fireworks shop quest - there's no dialogue options to get further in, I've tried sneaking and attacking from out of sight, but no matter what I do even on the 3rd floor of the building random citizens and guards see everything through the walls and spam running up and interrogating me. There's just literally no way for me to progress this quest without wiping out everyone within sight of the building or doing the combat and then going to jail after - because every movement, action, etc. in the building after the fight just triggers more people to run in and yell at me from random parts of town.

It's baffling and feels like it must be something with the building itself because I had a similar stealth fight in Act 2 and enemies 2 rooms over didn't even notice.

Edit: Forgot to add, even if I agree and leave and wait for them to filter out, the INSTANT I step back into an "off limits" pixel, someone jumps at me, even when they're facing away with doors closed outside the building. It's just mental.

Edit2: I just out of frustration walked in, threw a giant bomb, killed all the bad people, and no one reacted at all. But then, SNEAKING, 3 floors up, no windows, no line of sight markers showing, not in bright light, I looted literally 1 gold piece off a body and guards + NPCs started rushing in. Something is screwy - no even stealth check or anything.
Yeah, that quest was disappointing. I finished it right before the very end, after deactivating the Steel Watchers. I used invisibility to sneak Gale up to the top floor, dropped a bunch more powder kegs to create a chain of them, and then firebolted one. Everyone on the top floor died, and I completed the quest. No guards/NPCs interfered.

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
Yeah, that quest was disappointing. I finished it right before the very end, after deactivating the Steel Watchers. I used invisibility to sneak Gale up to the top floor, dropped a bunch more powder kegs to create a chain of them, and then firebolted one. Everyone on the top floor died, and I completed the quest. No guards/NPCs interfered.
On one of the attempts I was able to kill everyone with no interference, but if I touch any of the bodies, or books or chests or whatever, NPC train starts up. I tried it while sneaking and there wasn't even a stealth roll, it just automatically happened.

There's another fight elsewhere I got into where the guards and NPCs didn't care because the enemies were thugs or whatever, but I still can't loot them. But there was a THIRD fight where all the enemies were "loot" instead of "steal" afterwards, so it just seems super random. I haven't tried any mods yet for my first playthrough but maybe I'll look for one where corpses are always set to loot, although that actually wouldn't fix trying to read the stuff inside the store either.

Gamall Wednesday Ida

Just a loon, apparently.
Dec 4, 2020
France
www.youtube.com
PSA: the update breaks the native camera + WASD mods (it flabbers my ghast that mods are needed for this).

I also see black skies and other assets on Linux, at least using Vulkan & Proton Experimental.

Guess a few days' break is in order :)

edit next day: Native Camera Tweaks is already updated, it seems.

Last edited:

Gamall Wednesday Ida

Just a loon, apparently.
Dec 4, 2020
France
www.youtube.com
Actually, the black assets seem to have existed before the patch, from the screenshots of my old saves.

I just assumed they were all new because the skies of the intro view of the main menu was black in Vulkan.

But maybe it's the way things are supposed to look, or that's a bug exclusive to Proton.

Before I go to the trouble of booting and installing the game under Windows, I'd like to check with you whether you've experienced the same. Do those views look right to you?

Auntie's basement, at the waterfall:

Magic mirror in blighted village:

(Linux, Proton Experimental, NV 545, dx11)

Last edited:
Reactions: lashman and Stevey

Gamall Wednesday Ida

Just a loon, apparently.
Dec 4, 2020
France
www.youtube.com
New major update:

The most important issue fixed by the patch is not even listed in the notes, but gamingonlinux.com highlighted this important issue: penises are now wobbly. You're welcome.