Community Book club - What are you reading and what have you read recently

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
'Malpertuis' by Jean Ray
'The Perseid & Other Stories' by Robert Charles Wilson
'The Dying Earth 1' by Jack Vance

And since yesterday 'Time & The Gods' by Lord Dunsany. Fuck you, Reading OCD, this is my middle finger, just for you.

Not sure about the next book.
Dune
Leviathan's Wake
Men at Arms
American Gods
Sword & Deviltry

Reactions: Cacher

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
In August I started reading Garden of the Moon and posted a post here. Dropped it a few days later due to whatever reason I forgot.

Well, time for redemption! I finally finished the first chapter choo choo! Great fun, great read. There is beautifully written text here. Placed stickers and made notes on my book to mark down my thoughts. I have a good feeling about this time!

• Gib
Reactions: Li Kao

ZKenir

❀ Child of Raikou ❀
May 10, 2019
new black library bundle with both warhammer fantasy and 40k and age of sigmar

---------------------------------------------------------------

Well, time for redemption! I finally finished the first chapter choo choo! Great fun, great read. There is beautifully written text here. Placed stickers and made notes on my book to mark down my thoughts. I have a good feeling about this time!
edit: misread chapter as book lmao, anyway have fun

Blind is my favourite hound

Last edited:

dummmyy

Dumb fool
Nov 14, 2018
I finished The Alchemist by Coehlo this past week and have been blasting through Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance. I'm a little disappointed in this one, but i'll roll through it and see how it ends up...The Alchemist was beautiful, insightful, incredibly well written (and translated). I've been going through some tough times lately; loss, aimlessness, and just overall being morose, but this book really made me look introspective. I've been meaning to read this book about 15 years and now in my early thirties I could not have read it in a better time.

• Hug
Reactions: Li Kao

Stevey

Gromlintroid
Dec 8, 2018
Still plugging away at the Horus Heresy, on book 40/54 now - Corax

ZKenir

❀ Child of Raikou ❀
May 10, 2019
I laughed in Saturnine when Dorn simply told Fulgrim
"You’re holding a gate for no one. You’re just an idiot standing on a wall."

Reactions: Stevey