News Cyberpunk 2077 - releasing December 10 , 2020

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
Reactions: Snakethesniper

Snakethesniper

Time Traveler
Jan 11, 2019
That's specifically built for AMD cpus though, right?
I think in part?
smt: This fixes a bug with AMD CPUs causing the game to use only half the CPU. (default: true)

this is AMD related, but for the other stuff it doesn't explicitly say

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Just started playing and decided to take a stroll to my next objective as it was on 1km away and its nice to take in the sights.
I saw the exact same npc lady no joke about 15 times. Walk 50 yards - there she is. Walk another 50 - her again. Same model, clothes, voice.
She didnt want to buy anything off me (i wasn't looking to sell!)

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Just started playing and decided to take a stroll to my next objective as it was on 1km away and its nice to take in the sights.
I saw the exact same npc lady no joke about 15 times. Walk 50 yards - there she is. Walk another 50 - her again. Same model, clothes, voice.
There's also that one Japanese Seiyuu that voices half the female Tiger's members :p.

Reactions: Joe Spangle

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
I guess it's an advantage for me in this case to play the game like I play real life: pay no close attention to people I don't need to interact with ;)

On the other hand, that lighting detail! Again, both in game and in real life.

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
I guess it's an advantage for me in this case to play the game like I play real life: pay no close attention to people I don't need to interact with ;)

On the other hand, that lighting detail! Again, both in game and in real life.
Its stunning in places how this game looks. I can handle the jankyness for the visuals.

Ive managed to tweak my settings a bit and now get a (fairly) consistent 60fps, thanks to that DF video (thanks Dictator )

Reactions: Prodigy

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
Finally got my first bug, Delamain is appearing in my phone calls with other characters, just chilling in the background.
Otherwise still going well, some awesome side missions with great variety. Some have been deep and others sad and some just funny. Lots of other games and movie references, very cool.

And yes, lighting is amazing, feels like I can stand anywhere in the city and get amazing shots that people a couple of years ago wouldn't believe.

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
Anyone has its game "flashing" in white for a split second every now and then ? It blinks during loadings as well, like if a black frame was inserted very rapidly.
It's weird. No weird driver settings aside from anisotropic filtering forced, latest drivers.

• This!
Reactions: Joe Spangle

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Interesting, the two fix that were posted seemed to help the performance on my system.
I've only tried the memory pool thing. I'm still not sure about performance, but it has shorten my loading times to half.

Anyone has its game "flashing" in white for a split second every now and then ? It blinks during loadings as well, like if a black frame was inserted very rapidly.
It's weird. No weird driver settings aside from anisotropic filtering forced, latest drivers.
No, I don't think so.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
It's kinda fascinating how they produce totally random NPCs on the fly, honestly. With the limited pool of building blocks, in inevitable that you will run into repetitions, but I wonder if by using as seed for the randomisation the current location plus game time, you could create a more effective illusion: To make sure that the same NPCs is generated in the same spot and relative game time, without needing to store any info. Kinda like what No Man's Sky is doing, but localised to NPCs data.

Reactions: Durante and lashman

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
To compare the slowness play factor: I reached the in-game logo after 16 hours. I did SO much side stuff.
It plays mostly well, also thanks to tweaks, but with my 1070 ti, I have it running on Low settings and some stuff bumped up (like crowd density), but its still looking great. It does have a bunch of glitches, and unfortunately some side quests had bugs that didnt let me complete the objectives (like: quest objective would be "search X". I did seach X and pick up the necessary object, but the game would not register it)
So, save often.
I played 22 hrs in total now and had to force myself to switch off last night ;)
Loving it so far!

• Toucan
Reactions: lashman

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Yeah i get that. Its annoying.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I'm considering to break my word, donate to a trans charity and buy the game. :sweaty-blob:
I'm a selfish prick with no self control.
I mean, your solution is pricier than just breaking your word, but it may be perfect. You donate real money to a charity, that's really good.

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
I reached the Cyberpunk 2077 logo after 22 hours.

I actually finished all the available side missions and gigs within the first zone. But I ignore most of the cops related stuff.
Aren't the cop missions (any blue icon) endless?, so it wouldn't have mattered if you did them.

Reactions: texhnolyze

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Cannot you play with your friend's account? Is the game excluded from Steam Family sharing?
I doubt it is excluded from family sharing. My brother bought it on GOG, so sharing that version for performance testing was easy. We still normally buy our own games. Sharing the gog version for a playthrough feels a bit like torrenting and I'm no longer doing that. I mean, I technically already did... :cold-sweat:
Hard to explain.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not judgmental about torrenting: I was pirating games a lot when going to school and later during uni, but because I was constantly broke and half of the games didn't run well on my cheapo rigs anyway. I often played for an hour and never touched them again. Funny enough you were able to find cracked games on many uni FTP servers back then. ^^ Last game I pirated was Fallout 3 btw.

Reactions: lashman

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
I was out in the deserty area just running around and found that if you hop over a ditch running down hill you sort of start floating for a long way before hitting the ground again. It was fun (and stupid).

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Its funny isnt it. The game itself isnt really anything special. Its not doing anything i havent played before. The controls are a bit floaty. The UI is a bit naff. There isnt any goundbreaking gameplay element. But the visuals just elevate it all. Im enjoying it a lot. Im sure that without it being so stunning visually i wouldnt be as hooked.

• This!
Reactions: lashman and ISee

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
That game is concept art in motion on PC.
Yeah, that's a very apt description.

Every few minutes (or even more frequently) I play the game I see a scene which could really be concept art.

We've just never seen this level and volume of asset quality combined with this level of rendering fidelity before.

Its funny isnt it. The game itself isnt really anything special. Its not doing anything i havent played before.
I'm not sure I completely agree with that. The individual parts of it have been in other individual games, that much I agree with, but the whole package of "open world Deus Ex" isn't really something any previous game did.

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
I'm not sure I completely agree with that. The individual parts of it have been in other individual games, that much I agree with, but the whole package of "open world Deus Ex" isn't really something any previous game did.
Exactly. It feels like an open world Deus Ex, but surprisingly hasn't sacrificed the denseness of those games. When you walk down a random alley there are so many details from the trash on the ground to the graffiti on the walls, it feels like there is a story being told through object placements. Those alleys could be a part of a level in a first person shooter, yet here it is in a place where many players might walk by and never see.

Then you have some awesome side quests, some funny, emotional, weird, violent etc... and yet most can be approached in different ways. Don't want to go through the front door and start shooting, maybe look around back and break open a door, if that doesn't work then find a way onto the roof and open a window. When you get indoors go gun blazing or sneak using stealth or hacking. Then you still have the main missions which can feel like big sort of Call of Duty moments.

So yes individual parts aren't unique, but putting them together in this open world takes on a life of its own.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Yeah, one could argue that the SSR might look better than RTX, a really good option for those who can't handle RTX. But still, RTX is just more realistic.

I'm taking sreenshots at every turn as well.

Reactions: ISee

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
but the whole package of "open world Deus Ex" isn't really something any previous game did.
I started playing today and it certainly got Deus Ex gameplay vibes. I currently wish AI in CP 2077 was better.
Not because AI in Deus Ex stood out (I didn't), just because the way the AI in CP reacts feels dated and predictable.
It contrasts the advanced, next gen look of the game directly.
Yeah, one could argue that the SSR might look better than RTX, a really good option for those who can't handle RTX. But still, RTX is just more realistic.

I'm taking sreenshots at every turn as well.
I see where you are coming from. RTX reflections tend to look grainy sometimes, which I'm not holding against the game. Probably a "lack of rays" or there is a different reason, I'm not a graphics engineer.
Whatever it is: you have to be rational with the resources your audience will have, even in a game that is meant to grow with better hardware.
So yes, in certain scenarios SSR can look "cleaner" and the game is turning heads even without Ray Tracing.

And now comes the but: Ray Tracing changes every single detail in a scene. Colors change, shadows change, reflection change, the way materials look change.

Compare the monorail, the walkway and wall to the right, how the car on the road turns black because there is nothing to shine a light on it from that side of the scene (etc.).

RTX on
RTX off

Last edited:

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Speaking about "open world Deus Ex", a (small) part of me hopes that the success of Cyberpunk 2077 will convince Square Enix to fund another actual Deus Ex game from Eidos Montreal.

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
I bet there will be a bunch of 'cyberpunk' clones just like the GTA ones back in earlier gens. Hopefully some good ones.

Reactions: LEANIJA

sk2k

Steam New Releases Warrior
Dec 8, 2018
Somewhere else
Playing this on a i5 6500, GTX 1070 and everything on low. Most of the time i have 60 fps with dips to 45. I'm surprised that it runs so "well". :relieved-face:
I wish i could disable AA to get some more frames.

Reactions: Prodigy and ISee

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
Reactions: sk2k

Snakethesniper

Time Traveler
Jan 11, 2019
I'm trying to understand if I'm CPU bound or there's something else.
Premise: I have the github patch installed. I have a Ryzen 5 1600 @3,7 Ghz.

I played the game and everything was smooth with the suggested settings of the video, even at the beginning where you are in the car.
Now I just exited from my condo and in the city the framerate drops to 40, with a CPU usage of like 80/85%. The point is that even with medium texture and low preset (basically everything low) it stay exactly the same, same usage, same framerate.