News Cyberpunk 2077 - releasing December 10 , 2020

JackPineSavage

crazy drunken bastard
Jun 2, 2019
Dang I fucked up and failed the sidequest with your neighbor. Now I feel like shit. Almost even teared up a little :cry:

Well at least I know what to do when I do a 2nd playthrough. At least I think I know. Part of me wants to reload an older save to do it right but I progressed and did some cool shit since so I'm not gonna.
It's always better to live with your decisions than save scum

Reactions: Spookyfriend

didamangi

Who do you think you are? I am!
Nov 16, 2018
Jakarta, Indonesia
steamcommunity.com
How CPU heavy is the game? I've got a ryzen 5 1600@3.7Ghz and an RTX 2060, I want to target 60 fps at 1920x1080, do you think it's doable?
Should be doable with DLSS.

I have a 8700k, cpu usage is around 50-80 so far depending on the scene. Although I know 1st gen ryzen is a bit slower, but at least it's a similar 6/12 cpu.

Cpu usage via guru3d:

Spookyfriend

Jan 27, 2019
Sigh the new patch is now stopping me from playing the game.
I launch the game and it will just crash at startup. Rip. I going to try validate the steam file to see if it work.

Edit. Validate the file, and Steam download 7.2GB and now it work. :D

Last edited:

sk2k

Steam New Releases Warrior
Dec 8, 2018
Somewhere else
The patching process via Galaxy Client is horrible. Since minutes it is stuck at 56%. The HDD is working like mad.

Spookyfriend

Jan 27, 2019
Anyone completed the Dream on quest?
Did you tell Mr Jefferson the truth / Or the lie that his wife told you to tell him.
I wonder if there is any difference in the ending , next quest if there is any lol

Snakethesniper

Time Traveler
Jan 11, 2019
Should be doable with DLSS.

I have a 8700k, cpu usage is around 50-80 so far depending on the scene. Although I know 1st gen ryzen is a bit slower, but at least it's a similar 6/12 cpu.

Cpu usage via guru3d:
Thanks, I was thinking about High preset, I don't think I can keep ultra. Is your performance with ultra settings?

Also I'm a bit ignorant, what does DLSS do?

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Can confirm the CPU usage during my brief ~3h running around and looking at performance/settings: I saw some beefy CPU loads. 60%+ on a 3900x happened surprisingly often.
But most of the time it is way below that. I think a 6c/12t CPU is more than enough though.

Anyway, before I delete the game a small correction:

1440p DLSS Quality looks more blurry than 1440p native. Only something I've noticed while starring at screenshots though. I completely missed the difference while in the game and changing settings on the fly. :shrugblob:

1440p DLSS Quality, Ultra, Ultra RT
1440p native, Ultra, Ultra RT

But for a +80% perfromance increase (???) :oops:
I think it's crazy to not activate it.

Also, DLSS is sometimes adding extra details to the scene (for example: take a look at the police car, to the left of the NCPD building, under the Data INC sign)

Reactions: TheTrain

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Im really enjoying the game, the city is great and the story so far has been engaging. Not a big fan of the male voice acting, wish id gone with the female. There is some jankyness to all the npc's, they disappear and reappear at random and look a bit plastic. The UI could be better. Same for the driving but its not too bad.

I think something is amiss with my settings though as i get some drops in framerate - into the 40's. Seems like i should be getting a constant 60fps based on what you guys are saying and other benchmarks. Ive taken to turning off RTX which helps but i dont think i should have to. I have a 8700k and a 3090. Ive tried at 4k, 1440p - Ultra/high - RTX on / off. Still seem to get issues in certain areas.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I think something is amiss with my settings though as i get some drops in framerate - into the 40's. Seems like i should be getting a constant 60fps based on what you guys are saying and other benchmarks. Ive taken to turning off RTX which helps but i dont think i should have to. I have a 8700k and a 3090. Ive tried at 4k, 1440p - Ultra/high - RTX on / off. Still seem to get issues in certain areas.
There is a super light tech article on RPS, about what settings are perf killers. Might help you ! Or not, it's really barebone.

Here

Reactions: Joe Spangle

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
There is a super light tech article on RPS, about what settings are perf killers. Might help you ! Or not, it's really barebone.

Here
Thanks! Im fiddling around with settings now so hopefully that'll help. I found a reddit post where someone listed their settings so im trying that too. I would like to get RTX on and keep a steady 60fps. Thats my goal.

This game does look amazing at times.

Reactions: Swenhir

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
I had two game breaking bugs where I had to load previous save files. One of them happened 3 times, it was during the mission when you go to install the first augments, the objective kept stuck in Talk to Viktor and couldn't progress.

The other one was while recovering the robot for Dex. I finished the mission but Jackie didn't left the factory so i was unable to talk to him to advance the mission.

There were other minor bugs like npcs floating.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
I've had no crash nor any major bug so far, maybe I'm just lucky. The most common bugs are unlootable junks and NPCs cowering in the air when I get into combat near them.

The gameplay loop besides main story is fun, you can be a cop helper or run some random gigs for the fixers. It's nowhere near GTA in term of gameplay (besides you can steal and ride around the city). It's more like a combination of Deus Ex and Borderlands. Lots of ways to deal an encounter, whether by stealth or gun blazing. And when everything's done, there's loot waiting for you. There a lot of buildings that you can enter, mostly related to missions and gigs, as well as random encounters. Some of the buildings and encounters are designed with some verticalities and various doors to enter and get out.

Reactions: Durante

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
What I am going to write is quite trivial. I have read an article on PCGamer in which the writer explains that he got accustomed to the in-game city, and after many hours, he notices the patterns and the reused assets. I believe CP2077 is one of these games, like Morrowind, GTA III, Skyrim or GTA V, in which you are in awe for tens of hours, until your brain manages to match the patterns and the magic slightly fades away. So, enjoy your first time!

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
I've had basically 0 (one T-posing NPC) bugs in 9 hours so far.

Also, almost every location I get to looks like concept art. The visual quality is insane. Thinking about what it took to do that at this scale is crazy.

What I am going to write is quite trivial. I have read an article on PCGamer in which the writer explains that he got accustomed to the in-game city, and after many hours, he notices the patterns and the reused assets. I believe CP2077 is one of these games, like Morrowind, GTA III, Skyrim or GTA V, in which you are in awe for tens of hours, until your brain manages to match the patterns and the magic slightly fades away. So, enjoy your first time!
Well, I've only got 9 hours, not 10, but I'm increasingly more in awe of just how many unique and incredibly well made assets there are.
Of course, the setting also helps, I mean, you expect some patterns and repetition in a modern man-made environment (unlike say a fantasy game). But honestly the asset detail and variety are simply staggering.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
It should also be added that the patterns are not exactly avoidable in general anyway. You just can't have everything be bespoke, no matter how many millions of dollars you throw at the game. A degree of procedural generation and kit-based construction is, I think, a given. How to conceal it, how to go about making it look believable is where the magic is and so far... Wow.

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
I've had basically 0 (one T-posing NPC) bugs in 9 hours so far.

Also, almost every location I get to looks like concept art. The visual quality is insane. Thinking about what it took to do that at this scale is crazy.

Well, I've only got 9 hours, not 10, but I'm increasingly more in awe of just how many unique and incredibly well made assets there are.
Of course, the setting also helps, I mean, you expect some patterns and repetition in a modern man-made environment (unlike say a fantasy game). But honestly the asset detail and variety are simply staggering.
Yeah it is an incredibly pretty game at times and the way the city is laid out is very impressive. The amount of stuff going on like all the lighting and general ambiance is great. Its been a long time since ive played a game all weekend but thats what ive done with this one. Really has sucked me in.

Ive had the T-pose bug with my guy when he is in the car, im driving along and then sometimes all of a sudden (i think when entering a new district) he is standing on the car in the T pose.

Reactions: Swenhir

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
I completely agree with you all. When I wrote tens of hours, I was thinking of 50 hours, maybe. We will see how it goes.

For now, I am constantly flabbergasted. :stupefy: :mellow:

didamangi

Nov 16, 2018
Jakarta, Indonesia
steamcommunity.com
Last edited:

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
It's so typical how the entire post is based on completely wrong information (and the update doesn't actually include that bit).

Edit: now it does, at least partially.

The funniest part is that GPUOpen is an AMD library.

Last edited:

BlueOdin

Dec 3, 2018
Im really enjoying the game, the city is great and the story so far has been engaging. Not a big fan of the male voice acting, wish id gone with the female. There is some jankyness to all the npc's, they disappear and reappear at random and look a bit plastic. The UI could be better. Same for the driving but its not too bad.
Voice acting for Woman V is also not that great

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
That feeling when your GFN session exits on GoG Galaxy going with a synchronization error. Yikes. Please don't loose my progress :(.

• Sad
Reactions: ISee

fearthedawn

Apr 19, 2019
Great now I'm curious and need to redownload the game.
A couple of my (8)16 virtual cores were running at <50% load, every now and then the game had some bad stutters, scenes that were tanking the framerate HARD and even when everything seemed to be running well enough i was mostly cpu bound (even with rtx on) and my gpu would sometimes go into idle mode reporting low utilization as limiting reason, i knew something was very wrong to cause this but didn't even know if it was the game or some other problem with my system.

Haven't had a bad stutter like that since, lowering graphics settings actually increases framerate now (to a point, it isn't running 100fps+ and afaik shouldn't with my cpu), gpu hasn't gone to sleep, all cores are running 80%+ loads... almost a different game

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
Played more of it, finished the prologue(?)

It was nice that the theory I was talking with my S.O. was right that
Johnny is a construct that is stuck in V now
. The localization to my language is pretty good, the missions names makes references to songs from my country and there swearing is funny.

Reactions: yuraya

didamangi

Nov 16, 2018
Jakarta, Indonesia
steamcommunity.com
Yup, liking this sharpness now. Don't need nvidia sharpening anymore, so no drop in performance. I wonder if the negative lod thing works on every dlss game?

I can see the case for CA and film grain thematically. But at 1440p plus DLSS, it's just too blurry for my taste.

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
A couple of my (8)16 virtual cores were running at <50% load, every now and then the game had some bad stutters, scenes that were tanking the framerate HARD and even when everything seemed to be running well enough i was mostly cpu bound (even with rtx on) and my gpu would sometimes go into idle mode reporting low utilization as limiting reason, i knew something was very wrong to cause this but didn't even know if it was the game or some other problem with my system.

Haven't had a bad stutter like that since, lowering graphics settings actually increases framerate now (to a point, it isn't running 100fps+ and afaik shouldn't with my cpu), gpu hasn't gone to sleep, all cores are running 80%+ loads... almost a different game
I can add a "+1" here.
CPU load went up dramatically for me with this tweak too. While driving fast through the city I can observe up to 90% load on my 3900x now. That's crazy high and temps naturally went up too.

Also did a couple of small benchmark runs on foot and while not everywhere, some regions have improved performance now.

Example 1:
unmodified exe = 50 fps average
tweaked exe = 54 fps average (+8%)

Example 2:
unmodified exe = 52 fps
modified exe = 56 fps (+7.7%)

Other scenes didn't change, so it is probably the minimums that changed for me too.

I didn't observe stutters without the tweak, but as said 15 Thread usage was normal for me with this game. I assumed an 8c/16T CPU would see similar usage, but apparently there is a percentage based limit set in the used library? I wonder if it is an oversight in the (AMD?) library or done on purpose for reasons I don't understand. It's probably the latter, but it's a curious case. Never seen a game use 24T in a game before. :sweaty-blob:

edit:
Forcing a CPU limit (540p internal resolution) is giving me interesting results. While CPU load goes up significantly, average fps do not change much.
At this point there is probably a different bottleneck at play. Maybe single thread performance, maybe AMD infinity fabric latency, maybe it's normal scene variation. A 3% difference ain't enough to claim a performance change here.

unmoded exe:

tweaked exe:

Last edited:

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Yup, liking this sharpness now. Don't need nvidia sharpening anymore, so no drop in performance. I wonder if the negative lod thing works on every dlss game?

I can see the case for CA and film grain thematically. But at 1440p plus DLSS, it's just too blurry for my taste.
What did you do? I just can't seem to remove the grainy filter, it's very prevalent in the city.

didamangi

Nov 16, 2018
Jakarta, Indonesia
steamcommunity.com
What did you do? I just can't seem to remove the grainy filter, it's very prevalent in the city.
I just turn off chromatic aberration and film grain in the settings. And setting lod bias to -3 via nvidia profile inspector to sharpen dlss. If your card doesn't support dlss the negative lod thing doesn't work afaik.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: texhnolyze

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Lttp, was the hex thing useful ? How do you do it ? Why has the user deleted his post ?
Yeah, very late on this one.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
So I notice that I should set DLSS to "Quality" at 1080p. It was set to "Auto" before.

That is how you people get sharper screenshots than I do! Thanks!

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Lttp, was the hex thing useful ? How do you do it ? Why has the user deleted his post ?
Yeah, very late on this one.
No idea why it was deleted, but it's still up on r/AMD

Code:
Open the EXE with HXD (Hex Editor).
Look for
75 30 33 C9 B8 01 00 00 00 0F A2 8B C8 C1 F9 08
change to
74 30 33 C9 B8 01 00 00 00 0F A2 8B C8 C1 F9 08
and

Should begin at 2A816B3, will change if they patch the game so..
edit:
While reading the reddit thread. I had no idea even people with 5600x and 5800x were that heavily CPU bottle necked. :oops:

Li Kao Keep an eye on your CPU Temps, they will increase.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Li Kao

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
15 hours in, I'm still in Act 1 and not even close to finishing it. This is the Hinterlands in DA Inquisition all over again, isn't it? I don't think White Orchard in W3 even this long, as you can actually run out of quests in there. :face-with-cold-sweat:

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
I finished act 1 at ~10 hours in, but I very purposefully refrained from doing everything (or even many things) that pops up on the map. I feel like that eventually ground my W3 playthrough to a halt despite enjoying the game a lot.

Last edited:

Maniac

As the name suggests. The OG Maniac.
Sep 19, 2018
Under your bed, creepin
metacouncil.com
Voice acting for Woman V is also not that great
Biiiitch you gotta be trippiiiiiin
I finished act 1 at ~10 hours in, but I very purposefully refrained from doing everything or even many things) that pops up on the map. I feel like that eventually ground my W3 playthrough to a halt despite enjoying the game a lot.
I've been doing nothing but side content like a doofus only just now coming to the realisation that it's exactly what made me never quite finish TW3. And I'm only 5 or 6 hours from completing the main campaign in it. I'm not the brightest. :|

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Based on what I read about CP2077, the main quest is relatively short compared to The Witcher 3's, so doing side quests is not a bad idea.

I don't know if some side quests become unavailable as your progress in the main quest. I think it happened to a few quests in TW3.

Reactions: Li Kao

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
Certain side quests also influence the main quest and endings, so yeah it is good to do them.

Reactions: yuraya

Snakethesniper

Time Traveler
Jan 11, 2019
Bought the game, using the suggested Nvidia settings apart from RTX that I've disabled and Texture quality on high.
Game crashed me when I was getting out of a car
edit: oh yeah, weird thing, don't know if it was for the mirror or what, but when looking at the starting mirror on the streetkid playthrough the fps dropped, but when the conversation was over it returned normal even when looking at it

Last edited:

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
HOLY FUCK WITH THIS GAME, ok, now that I got used to the stealth systems of this game I must say I'm approaching it in the same way as Dishonored, how? no detection, no kills, stealth, diplomacy if possible over all the other options.

While I think sometimes the options are... limited.... I have found the balance and I'm satisfied with how the things are going.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
HOLY FUCK WITH THIS GAME, ok, now that I got used to the stealth systems of this game I must say I'm approaching it in the same way as Dishonored, how? no detection, no kills, stealth, diplomacy if possible over all the other options.

While I think sometimes the options are... limited.... I have found the balance and I'm satisfied with how the things are going.
Yep! And contrary to these games, even if you fail stealth, you can go the route of fisticuffs to non-lethal people back into horizontal silence. I love that I'm playing more and more like a sort of stealthy, terrifying monk :p.

Reactions: Prodigy and Mor

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Meanwhile, I am playing as a strong and very athletic dude who does not hide much. I would be that dude in Disco Elysium:

• Toucan
Reactions: lashman

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019

Yep. I am a sneaky V.

• Love
Reactions: Mor and lashman