News Cyberpunk 2077 - releasing December 10 , 2020

PC-Patriot

Press Any key, where the hell is it ?
Aug 5, 2019
Got it preloading on steam here. Doing my best to avoid reviews cos I kinda want to go in it "blindish" but saw some benchmarks and erm well I am worried but we will see what we see when it releases.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Reactions: lashman

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Mmh, Gog is evidently pricier than cdkeys, but I just remembered the 30 day moneyback thing. Let’s hope it’s not the case, but it might be useful. 60 bucks though :sweaty-blob:

• Sad

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
10GB update downloading in GOG Galaxy at the moment.
Do i sleep tonight or give Cyberpunk a whirl at midnight? Decisions, decisions... hmmm.

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
10GB update downloading in GOG Galaxy at the moment.
Do i sleep tonight or give Cyberpunk a whirl at midnight? Decisions, decisions... hmmm.
Do it

No, seriously. Go to bed, you have waited that long Samurai, you can wait a night longer. It's not going anywhere.

• Toucan
Reactions: EdwardTivrusky

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
It's a retorical question anyway as I doubt my dying mobo will let the game run for more than 20 minutes which is probably for the best as i want to get stuff done tomorrow.
Hopefully my new motherboard turns up for friday and i can give the game a decent session over the weekend.

• Hug
Reactions: ISee

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
I know there's a photo-mode but is there a "slap a key to get a screenshot" mode?
Fenyx doesn't seem to have one so i have to run a separate screen-capture app just to grab some quick dirty screenshots with that game.
Photo-modes are great but sometimes you just want to slap a key and capture the moment without faffing about for ages.

Reactions: LEANIJA

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
This game is just screaming Akira/Ghost in the Shell to me. I love it.

Stevey

Gromlintroid
Dec 8, 2018
Just installed this.
Started Corpo, on the low preset except Aniso x16 and High motion blur, getting like 40-60 FPS in the starting area.(indoors), didnt feel too bad thanks to G-Sync but still
Gonna wait til I get a new GPU lol.

For reference my specs are-
i7 9700k @5GHz,
16GB RAM @ 3000MHZ
GTX1080 @2000MHZ
1440p resolution

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Ok, I realize people might have all sorts of issues with this, I might also run into some later, and I'm lucky to play it on a top-end PC.
But at least the intro, first mission, and drive through Night City is fuck-all amazing.

The game perfectly captures the genre aesthetics. And the graphical quality on a technical level is also through the roof (doubly so considering it's an open world RPG).

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Having played a while now including traversing the open world, one thing I'm impressed by is the very consistent framerate. Regardless of how quickly I move the frametimes remain very consistent without any microstuttering.

Sure, I'm playing on a very high-end system, but I've run several open world games on the same system that look worse and are less dense, while also having much more inconsistent performance. From that perspective I really can't say that the game is "terribly optimized".

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
I'm so amazed by this game. The world is so incredible, and there are so many animations that the character and others do - incredible.
Still early on and haven't seen any bugs (well any that have made me stop and notice, I'm sure there are things if I rewatched what I played).

Performance is definitely chewing out my PC, but I knew that going in because of my shit CPU (i5 7400)
I've limited it to 30fps so that I can put RTX on high
I've lowered population density (looks like more peds even at lowest compared to console)
and lowered cascade shadows and res
everything else is high

Reactions: Swenhir and Durante

didamangi

Who do you think you are? I am!
Nov 16, 2018
Jakarta, Indonesia
steamcommunity.com
Probably gonna lock it to 1440@60 at RTX Ultra + DLSS Quality. Seems to hover around high 60-70fps outdoors.

RTX Ultra + DLSS Quality

RTX Off + DLSS Quality

Some bugs I found so far:

RTX Lighting?

The classic:

Game looks phenomenal. Maybe a bit too soft at 1440p. I should probably turn off Chromatic Abomination, film grain too if i want a sharper image.

d00d3n

MetaMember
Jan 26, 2019
I'm officially loving the shit out of this game so far. ~5 hours in and I haven't been in a single gunfight outside the tutorial.
What settings are you running? I did not get a very good experience with the default settings, despite gsync and a 3090. DLSS made the game look very low resolution, but the performance was awful without it. I started with the corporate background, which may have affected the performance due to starting in the middle of the city (in a skyscraper)

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
I played the game for 4 hours last night.

Not sure if it's just me, but the game gives a lot of Deus Ex vibes from the early sequences. After doing your prologue mission, you're back to your apartment, and shortly after you can fully explore the city. The city itself is pretty big and dense, just like an actual immersive sim game, but this is truly open world. You can follow the main quests or tackle the side missions. Furthermore, I don't think you need to drive at all so far, just exploring by foot is truly immersive and you can find tons of loots along the way. The nudity on display is so over the top though, I had to turn off the nudity from the option because it's just too much. Not to mention the ads you can see everywhere.

Reactions: Prodigy

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
What settings are you running? I did not get a very good experience with the default settings, despite gsync and a 3090. DLSS made the game look very low resolution, but the performance was awful without it. I started with the corporate background, which may have affected the performance due to starting in the middle of the city (in a skyscraper)
I'm running 3440x1440, Ultra everything including raytracing, with auto DLSS, and I get between 60 and 80 FPS (and very consistent frametimes).

It's not the sharpest image around, but I really don't mind. I think it fits the aesthetics of the game. I even kept the over-the-top chromatic aberration on (which I generally never do) because I feel like it makes the whole thing more 80s-Cyberpunk-ish.

Not sure if it's just me, but the game gives a lot of Deus Ex vibes from the early sequences.
Absolutely not just you. It's like a huge open world Deus Ex, which is one reason I like it so much.

Reactions: Swenhir and d00d3n

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
So everybody confirms that with a 2060S I can do 1440p but RTX is a no go, even with DLSS ?

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
So everybody confirms that with a 2060S I can do 1440p but RTX is a no go, even with DLSS ?
I feel like you could do some of the raytracing features, if you use heavier DLSS. But it really depends on whether you'd consider that a worthwhile tradeoff at that performance level. It also depends on the framerate you target -- IMHO, if you're playing with a mouse and targeting 60 FPS, then I probably wouldn't use raytracing in the game on that hardware and instead focus on higher fidelity elsewhere.

Last edited:
  • Hug
Reactions: Li Kao

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Next to DLSS in the settings, there are 2 lines about "AMD FidelityFX CAS".

Is it worth activating if one already uses DLSS? Or is it targeted at people who cannot use DLSS because they have an AMD card?

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Next to DLSS in the settings, there are 2 lines about "AMD FidelityFX CAS".

Is it worth activating if one already uses DLSS? Or is it targeted at people who cannot use DLSS because they have an AMD card?
it's an either/or on nvidia too ... if you turn on the AMD stuff, DLSS gets automatically turned off

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Played through the first act. Took me 10hrs which I guess is a bit on the long side? I did some side stuff too. There was a title screen so I don't know if its supposed to be the prologue or maybe half point of the game. Either way I loved it.

So much crazy and intense things happened in that heist mission lol and soundtrack is so good.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
I have never been very attentive to my frame rate, playable without feeling bad has always been enough. And I played my share of console games. I wonder if I should try to lock the game at 30 fps.
Honestly wondering what it would feel like :thinking-blob:

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
It's not the sharpest image around, but I really don't mind. I think it fits the aesthetics of the game. I even kept the over-the-top chromatic aberration on (which I generally never do) because I feel like it makes the whole thing more 80s-Cyberpunk-ish.
And the film grain.

I'm getting a fair bit of input delay with RTX lighting on high but the difference it makes it too stark for me to deactivate. Probably going to rely on DLSS, you make a good point.

Also apparently the way to tell if Durante really likes something is that potty mouth mode gets turned on :p.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
I equipped all of my rarest loot (hence the shorts instead of the trousers), and started "photo mode" for a quick snapshot.

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Borrowed my brothers GOG account to check out performance.
I'm surprised how well it runs. Getting 50-70 fps at 1440p DLSS/Ultra/Ultra RT. More surprised how responsive and fluid it controls with m&kb, even below sixty. This is a pleasant experience with G-Sync. This might also be one of the best DLSS implementations in a game so far. It's pristine looking :sweaty-blob:
Technically, it appears to be a great PC port.

I do not think the game looks photo-realistic, but it is breaching into "prerendered CGI" territory at times. Can't even imagine where we will be in six years from now.

RT on Psycho is out of the question, but that's certainly a setting for a future generation of GPUs. That said, thirty fps at 1440p/DLSS are easily doable.

@Ubisoft: You suck with your PC ports. From a technical pov, CDPR is schooling you. It's a shame.

JackPineSavage

crazy drunken bastard
Jun 2, 2019
This game is goddamn amazing. It took me 17 hours just to get to the title screen because i've just been wandering around the neighborhood looking for secrets and doing some random gigs.
The interlude was a nice surprise and Johnny's here and things are starting to get crazy.

There have been some graphical glitches, but nothing major game breaking bugs for me luckily. 1080 gtx also runs it not that great at 1440p, but it looks good enough.

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
Haha looks like we are all finishing the prologue (title screen) at the same time, what an incredible bunch of missions that was, stunning.

And as Isee said, I am having better performance in this so far than WD: Legion. The work put into the city is staggering.

Reactions: JackPineSavage

JackPineSavage

crazy drunken bastard
Jun 2, 2019
It seems the side missions can affect the main story quite dramatically, so I think I'm gonna take my time doing side stuff before going too far on the main quest line.

Reactions: ISee

didamangi

Who do you think you are? I am!
Nov 16, 2018
Jakarta, Indonesia
steamcommunity.com
Just got a 3.5GB update on STEAM
1.4 GB for me and a few others, weird.

Snakethesniper

Time Traveler
Jan 11, 2019
How CPU heavy is the game? I've got a ryzen 5 1600@3.7Ghz and an RTX 2060, I want to target 60 fps at 1920x1080, do you think it's doable?

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Dang I fucked up and failed the sidequest with your neighbor. Now I feel like shit. Almost even teared up a little :cry:

Well at least I know what to do when I do a 2nd playthrough. At least I think I know. Part of me wants to reload an older save to do it right but I progressed and did some cool shit since so I'm not gonna.

Reactions: JackPineSavage