|OT| DEATH STRANDING | PC | - Unite the Threads , one more time on PC

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Watching some videos, reading a few articles here and there.
Seems like a semi stable 60fps on a 970 isn't necessarily entirely outside the realm of possibility?

Thinking 900p + TAA + sharpening could also net some extra frames at minimal cost if FidelityFX looks rough. Feels like I'm back in my laptop gaming days!
Anyway, still gonna wait for the price to come down a bit :sweaty-blob:

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
So how do I get DSR to work ingame? Or am I thinking of this wrong? I want to go higher then my resolution then try the FidalityFX thing. 2x would be 1440 right? I don't see an option pop up ingame.

To get DSR working ingame, you must set it up for desktop resolution as well. Which makes the desktop side very ugly.

So I get same performance. Guess which is which. [UWSL]Do not cheat![/UWSL]

[UWSL]
[/UWSL]
[UWSL][/UWSL]
[UWSL]
[/UWSL]

Last edited:

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
Only option is 1.78 so it is that, thanks.

Question, on Lost Cargo what does using the lost cargo option actually do? Entrusting means you don't complete it right? Which is what you use at a mailbox or not the intended destination right?

TheTrain

MetaMember
Jun 11, 2019
I've encountered that controller bug too, with the steam controller connected I've ~60fps, without it 120.

Reactions: ISee

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
BTs caught me and I had to do some combat. "By coincidence" the game just gave me some anti BT weapons.
I killed that thing, whatever that was. Glad to see my destination in front of me now. And right here soothing music started playing.
In all honesty, I'd be happy with just delivering stuff without BTs, combat etc.

Entrusting means you don't complete it right?
I believe you do complete it. I think it says "Entrusting" because somebody else lost it and you are turning it in for them.
But I am confused by a lot of things in the game tbh.

Last edited:

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Or "keep it safe for somebody, till it can reach its destination".
Or something else.

It's a Kojima game, who knows. :shrugblob:

• Toucan
Reactions: lashman

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
I just finished chapter 2 and the first mission of chapter 3 and yeah, so far I'm liking it a lot, I can see why this game is so divisive but I think I'm on the side that enjoys it.

Visually marvelous, mechanically really addictive, combats so far are impressive. It took me 10 hours to reach this point and I think it has been really long since a game got my attention like this.

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
How do you end an encounter with the oil whale if you don't have any weapons left?

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I feel John here explains quite nicely why I enjoy Death Stranding despite being open world. I feel I have had my fill of open world for some time which is why Im not getting Tsushima until a good sale (reviewers report it's pretty much "yet another open world game") and why I quit Rage 2 when the open world "started".

I feel that the vast majority of open world games today is all about what will happen when you reach your destination, Death Stranding is mainly about what happens during the time when you travel to your destination. The traversal is a big focus and is really calm and chill with some obstacles on the way. Im actually having a good time traveling and I feel having a good time while traveling from point A to point B is very important when the game world is open.

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
Wait is this a different DS thread? Have I been using the wrong one? Oo

Also turn off vsync I forgot to now I got a steady 60 FPS (I use RTSS to limit to 59).

Last edited:
  • Toucan
Reactions: ISee and lashman

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Notes to myself:
-Check how deep a river is before you enter.
-Leave behind crafted equipment in your private locker in case you need to restock on something, and crafting isn't possible.

People have started building highways and I'm still confused how to build a proper bridge. Do I need to have the resources on me? I thought I'm supposed to draw from the chiral grid.

• Toucan
Reactions: lashman

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
You need the mats on you, the chiral is like a resource that gets used when you finish/place a structure. So basically it is a way to limit you from just farming and placing stuff everywhere.

Last edited:

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
Well, half chapter 3 done, 13 hours in, and now that I got my bike, my exoskeleton and the little bots things are getting interesting and way more cool, not only your progression makes deliveries more efficient and package conditions way more perfect, but also gives you more options to face each delivery in multiple different ways.

I must say that at first I was a little scared with the idea of this game as I didn't know if I was going to like it but after all this time I surprised to say that it is, indeed, a very cool game.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Whew, this game seems fan-tastic from what I'm seeing and reading. Thanks for sharing the screens and impressions so I can enjoy it vicariously :cat-heart-blob: I've been wary of just watching a LP, because I don't want to lose that sense of surprise.

Reactions: Mor and ISee

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
Whew, this game seems fan-tastic from what I'm seeing and reading. Thanks for sharing the screens and impressions so I can enjoy it vicariously :cat-heart-blob: I've been wary of just watching a LP, because I don't want to lose that sense of surprise.
Do not worry as no Spoiler content will be posted (at least in public) so rest assured that all what you are seeing is usual content and not key events.

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
DEATH STRANDING UPDATE V 1.01 OUT NOW
Hi everyone, we’ve just gone live with DEATH STRANDING Update V1.01 on PC. This post launch patch includes added AVX judgement to CPU check at startup, stability improvements and general bug fixes.

Keep on keeping on!

Reactions: lashman and Mor

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
Nice, it's 5 GB in case anyone needs this information. Downloading and will see if there's any improvement.

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
How do I replenish bolta gun ammunition?
you don't, you gotta craft a new one and have a few at hand just in case.

if there's any way to reload and get more ammo I didn't find it so far.

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Just started the game, played about 2 hrs and i like it. Cut scene heavy so far but i guess thats to be expected from a Kojima game.

I like how weird it is. Story wise im not really sure whats going on.

It looks great, im at 1440p with everything on high and its sticking to 60fps no problem. Looks lovely.

Reactions: Mor and ISee

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
Well, I haven't noticed any difference prior patch and after patch, I guess my computer is making brute force, anyway, it's working fine for me.

Reactions: TheTrain and ISee

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
12 hours in:

At first, I thought Emails are going to be annoying. But they are an essential part of the game. You start learning about the people you are delivering to; they start opening a bit and delivery by delivery turn from a waypoint that exists to be reached into something relatable.

The bolt gun and BT killing grenades make the game quite easy currently, which is good, I enjoy the world exploration a lot more than the stealth or combat. I expect the game to get more difficult though. I just hope later missions don't turn into hour long BT avoiding orgies.

For an open world game DS makes one thing right: It allows you to be a part of the world, allows you to interact with it, forces you to plan and take the world serious. Helps in making the open world part significant, instead of an extensive map with markers.
I understand that this sounds like a contradiction, because you are still moving from "marker" to "marker" like in any other open world game. But there is a certain "purposefulness" behind it. Instead of collection another flower to get the achievement for collection all one thousand of them.

It's a special game. I started to do a lot of side deliveries because I enjoy them. I just hope I'm not falling into a rabbit hole and burn out because of it.

Reactions: lashman and C-Dub

Doctor Ironic

Mar 18, 2019
Then why is there a key for reload...
You’re given conventional firearms later on. It’s advised you don’t use them against MULEs or other humans lest you have to deal with the voidout, but if you coat the rounds in your blood (by shooting through clouds or bloodstains left by hematic grenades) you can do MASSIVE damage to BTs.

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
Just leave the area or fight the whale thing with hematic grenades.

I'm supposed to deliver a Pizza and I must keep it flat. But I don't know how...

Is hematic grenade that urine thingy?

IIRC that pizza should be put at the back at the top of other cargo so it stays flat.

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
The greatest crime this game ever pulled off was getting me to order some Monster Energy because it reminded me how much I like it, and now that I'm WFH / staying in more I don't really have opportunity to happen by it.

Product placement is strong.

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Great shots Horizon Queen. What surprises me is that each region has its unique, recognizable look. You start remambaring the best routes on your own. Hardly any planing or looking at the map necessary, unless you are going somewhere new.

Are you all doing mostly the main stuff or also some of the optional deliveries. The optional stuff seems to unlock equipment and lore as well.