Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland

Kurt Russell

SUPREME OVERLORD OF EVIL
Sep 6, 2018
Mar del Plata
I should actually try it for funsies.

Apparently it's also possible to have a voidout during any of the minibosses, if they eat you. It's fascinating.
Yeah, that one I was aware of, which made my boss fights all the more frenetic, since they usually happen near populated places, so I didn't want to see them become a crater :D

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Hey does anyone know.......(ill spoiler it just in case, its around chapter 3-4)

I got an email from a dude saying that there is some lost cargo (i think) and a glowing thing near a waterfall and to go get the official mission from Mama's terminal but when i go to Mamas there is no mission at all available. Do i just go searching for the glowing thing? which i assume are memory chips? Or is that bugged and their should be a mission for it? Maybe it timed out?

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
Hey does anyone know.......(ill spoiler it just in case, its around chapter 3-4)

I got an email from a dude saying that there is some lost cargo (i think) and a glowing thing near a waterfall and to go get the official mission from Mama's terminal but when i go to Mamas there is no mission at all available. Do i just go searching for the glowing thing? which i assume are memory chips? Or is that bugged and their should be a mission for it? Maybe it timed out?
Did you do the mission that introduced ziplines? That is when I got that email and yes you get it from Mama, but only after you are sent to see Mama where you get a cutscene.

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Did you do the mission that introduced ziplines? That is when I got that email and yes you get it from Mama, but only after you are sent to see Mama where you get a cutscene.
Yeah i got that cutscene
the one where her baby is a ghosty thing?
and am now able to use
ziplines.

Reactions: ISee and lashman

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
Finished the game. The gameplay is pretty good. The story makes zero sense. That ending though, absolute kino moment.

Note to you guys, do the pizza delivery quest when they are available. I didn't and I regret it.

Now it's time to 5* everything.

• Love
Reactions: ISee

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Phew had a good session today. Made it
To the distribution centre where you deliver some blood in 40mins and then up the mountain to deliver a bomb and then back over the mountain to the Weather centre. Getting over the snowy mountain was tricky. Felt really good seeing familiar land at the end.

I love this game. Its so far my GOTY.

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Phew had a good session today. Made it
To the distribution centre where you deliver some blood in 40mins and then up the mountain to deliver a bomb and then back over the mountain to the Weather centre. Getting over the snowy mountain was tricky. Felt really good seeing familiar land at the end.

I love this game. Its so far my GOTY.
I loved the mountain part.

Note to you guys, do the pizza delivery quest when they are available.
This with an infinite amount of exclamation marks.

Reactions: lashman

Doctor Ironic

Mar 18, 2019
OMG i just discovered you can Surf on your cargo lifter thing a la Marty McFly on his hover board.. How did i miss that!!!!
Pro tip - cargo lifters can go across the surface of water. If you’re carrying a lot of cargo and deep rivers are a threat, you can hop on a lifter instead and build up speed to skate across it.

Phoenix RISING

A phoenix always RISES!
Apr 23, 2019
Ann Arbor, MI
www.geeksundergrace.com
TOo busy working this week to play Death Stranding, but I got to the point where I wish I had done more than one pizza delivery mission before it was too late. The real ones know.

I hope that doesn't block an achievement. I'll be PISSED.

Voidout. 😱

I really enjoy how the last shot turned out. :evilblob:
Is there any other game that embarrasses its player more than a voidout crater?

I never killed anyone in a MULE camp, but I wonder why the game triggers a game over for that and not for the above screenshot.

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
I never killed anyone in a MULE camp, but I wonder why the game triggers a game over for that and not for the above screenshot.
I assume for the same reason why getting defeated by MULEs isn't a game over.
You loose a normal fight and the game continues, but punishes you with lost loot and/or harder to navigate terrain in the future.

But taking a life has severe consequences in the world's fiction and so it has the worst possible consequence for the player.

Sam is triggering a minor, much smaller void out in comparison to "normal" people by the way. Reason is that not all of his matter is reacting with the BT antimatter, because he is a repatriate.

Reactions: Phoenix RISING

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
TOo busy working this week to play Death Stranding, but I got to the point where I wish I had done more than one pizza delivery mission before it was too late. The real ones know.

I hope that doesn't block an achievement. I'll be PISSED.

Is there any other game that embarrasses its player more than a voidout crater?

Probably because people would trigger voidouts on purpose to wipe mules and terrorist camps from the map.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Speaking of tips, it sucks that there's no way to filter them to show just unread, you have to scroll the whole list to find the new thing. Pressing left and right jumps the categories which helps a little, but it still sucks.

Reactions: Joe Spangle

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Does anyone know - If im unable to place any more structures down due to hitting the bandwidth limit (with each place at 5 stars) do i need to be de-constructing things in order to free up space, and is it only my own structures that count or can i demolish some of the on-line ones? And if i demolish an on-line one does that remove it from just my world or from the owners world?

I dont think ive ever used a postbox and they are all over the place.

I think i would like to play without any on-line structures to be honest and have to make my own. I liked the initial introduction to it like coming across a ladder but now that im further along there are things all over the place and it feels a little congested.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
do i need to be de-constructing things in order to free up space, and is it only my own structures that count or can i demolish some of the on-line ones? And if i demolish an on-line one does that remove it from just my world or from the owners world?
yes, the latter, and pretty sure the former

Reactions: Joe Spangle

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
I ran out of bandwidth when I went zipline crazy. Demolishing a few random things I had made previously didn't really make a good dent there, just gotta raise the stars on some preppers and stuff still. But I postponed it all to finish the game first.

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Ah yeah, Ive 5 starred most of the places in the area and so im going to try demolishing other peoples stuff. Got to get that zipline network up and running!

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
Does anyone know - If im unable to place any more structures down due to hitting the bandwidth limit (with each place at 5 stars) do i need to be de-constructing things in order to free up space, and is it only my own structures that count or can i demolish some of the on-line ones? And if i demolish an on-line one does that remove it from just my world or from the owners world?

I dont think ive ever used a postbox and they are all over the place.

I think i would like to play without any on-line structures to be honest and have to make my own. I liked the initial introduction to it like coming across a ladder but now that im further along there are things all over the place and it feels a little congested.
Only your structures count, so don't just demolish other people ziplines because you can use them to safe up some bandwidth.

Demolish your stuff that don't get likes or you don't need it anymore, especially that one Safe House that the story required you to built.

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Only your structures count, so don't just demolish other people ziplines because you can use them to safe up some bandwidth.

Demolish your stuff that don't get likes or you don't need it anymore, especially that one Safe House that the story required you to built.
Ah yeah cheers. I just went to demolish someone elses thing and it says that it wont count towards bandwidth. I will take down that shelter though as ive not used it. Cheers.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Yeah, I took down some one time use generators and such. Also fun thing about the safehouse that story makes you build, after you take it down the game will probably sync in someone elses safehouse in its place sooner rather than later because everyone had to build one there. :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
I think I'm going to look for some kind of chart on where the different types of job orders are, I'm just missing one type from that one achievement.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Is crossing the [Hidden content] when you go further West a point of no return?
kinda/sorta ... not really

i mean - you DO have to do some stuff there for a while

but then you'll be able to go back

plus - you can continue playing in all locations after the game ends anyway

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
Great the game crashed during a cutscene,
Hidden content
You need to react to this post in order to see this content.
. Now I have to redo
Hidden content
You need to react to this post in order to see this content.
booo!

denxos

Aug 4, 2020
Just finished Chapter 3. That didn't take that long! It only took me... checks time played ...46 hours. Ok

What a way to cap off that chapter too. I legit bursted out laughing at "I'm not that fragile" lmao

• Toucan
Reactions: lashman and ISee

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
I keep forgetting to enable HDR in windows before i boot up the game. Its annoying that some games make you do this. Why cant it just be enabled in game?

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
That has not happened during my play through.
I think it is time based, had to redo the fight because the game crashed like twenty minutes later during the cutscene.

First time I had to sit there getting pummeled and figure out how to even attack because some reason they changed got fighting works lol. Second time was a breeze.

I will post a picture later.

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
I did finish the game.

I read all the Wikis.

Still trying to wrap my head around the "Extinction Entity" concept. That's the only part of the plot where I'm like, "Wut?"
Explain more what you mean by what>

It is basically an entity that is the source that causes the mass extinction. It is their living purpose to bring on the mass extinction basically, it is also what brings the Death Stranding into effect.

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
Yeah I get that but why Bridget/Amelie?
It is really unclear as how and why, but she was having xtinction-related dreams and premonitions since infancy. Her soul was on the beach but she was actually Bridget in the real world.. They can't avoid causing them, but they can delay or lessen. It seems like all the previous one choose to lessen it.

It is also basically considered a natural part cycle, as it promotes new life in the end.

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019

• Key assignments for Use/Dismount Vehicle can now be set separately to “Perform Action” and “In Vehicle”. You can now set different keys for getting on and off a vehicle.
  • When restarting the game after changing key assignments, some key assignments were reverted. This issue has now been fixed.
  • Other stability improvements and general bug fixes are included.
  • Fixed an issue where frame rate dropped when using Steam Input.

Reactions: C-Dub and lashman

Phoenix RISING

A phoenix always RISES!
Apr 23, 2019
Ann Arbor, MI
www.geeksundergrace.com
It is really unclear as how and why, but she was having xtinction-related dreams and premonitions since infancy. Her soul was on the beach but she was actually Bridget in the real world.. They can't avoid causing them, but they can delay or lessen. It seems like all the previous one choose to lessen it.

It is also basically considered a natural part cycle, as it promotes new life in the end.
I guess that's the most unsatisfying part. The explanation of the "triggering event" for the entire game. Is just..not compelling.

I don't even know what this does, lol.

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
Does Aaron Hill really make a safe house? Got an email when I was ontop of a mountain after fighting the big boss dude. Do I need to head back?