News Epic Games Store

Gengis Khan

Goodfella
Jan 26, 2019
Italy
mgmboxeisland.com
Yeah that place that "shall not be named" has become so twisted and bizarre now. I am kinda glad I got my 1 week ban because I ended up here and have never been happier to find a moderate home that actually cares about PC gaming rather than a forum where how much you smell a developers farts and like them consitutes how "woke" you are.[
It becomes really insufferable when you start to notice that a lot of the people in charge (or their protected ones) are often the most poisonous of the bunch.

Right now, I also got a completely delusional reply from the "former moderator" Bronson Lee claiming I was "trying to gaslight him about his previous donations to charities", followed by a stoic "Don't talk to me again" (like if I wanted to).
Jesus Christ, WHAT THE HELL he's even blabbing about? Why he's trying to play this pathetic victim angle and bring in something completely unrelated?
I was just poking fun at the guy for hiding behind is faux wishy-washy attitude and use every possible excuse to take Epic's side (in this case buying a game he was criticizing once it would release on the EGS).

As for the latest development with the Darq developers. I had been umming and ahhing about buying the game. It really isn't my cup of tea and right now all my gaming time is taken up with gta 5 and no mans sky so even if I bought it I would probably never play it. Then the developer really showed his balls and I just had to buy it. So chalk up another purchase of Darq may even play it one day :p
That's exactly the position I'm in at the moment. To be honest I don't really care about this game. It definitely doesn't look like it could be my cup of tea... But the dev is playing his hand so well he's tempting me to support him just out of sympathy.

Doctor Ironic

Mar 18, 2019
Unfold fuckin' owns, lmao. This is already a win but personally I hope the charity they wind up donating to is Game Workers Unite, which would work to tear apart the kinds of working conditions you see at Epic Games itself.

As for the other forum... filed for my account deletion a few weeks ago. Fed them some bullshit about wanting to get outside more. Joke's on you, nerds! I'll stare at a screen till I die!

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
As for the latest development with the Darq developers. I had been umming and ahhing about buying the game. It really isn't my cup of tea and right now all my gaming time is taken up with gta 5 and no mans sky so even if I bought it I would probably never play it. Then the developer really showed his balls and I just had to buy it. So chalk up another purchase of Darq may even play it one day :p
It is my cup of tea, I love me a puzzle-platformer, it's probably my favourite genre. It's beautifully made and full of imagination but it's expensive for what it is, short and the puzzles are pretty easy. Find item, put item in correct place etc... There are also some bugs involving controllers, might already be fixed. There is a free DLC coming to hopefully flesh it out a bit.

Reactions: Arsene

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Right now, I also got a completely delusional reply from the "former moderator" Bronson Lee claiming I was "trying to gaslight him about his previous donations to charities", followed by a stoic "Don't talk to me again" (like if I wanted to).
Bronson Lee is an idiot imo. Of course he didn't deserve the harassment that happened to him a while ago, but your comment was spot-on. Oh well, more time for you to spend on MC. :)

Rosenkrantz

Once Punched Man
Apr 22, 2019
Posted this innocuous jab on Era.

Got a "warning", that few minutes later turned into a 24h ban, which few more minutes later somehow turned into a two-weeks ban. Because it was clearly a serious infraction... I guess?

I regret nothing.
What a bunch of hypocrites.
Uh, there're a bunch of people roaming EGS threads who constantly insult and antagonize anti-EGS crowd lumping us with alt-right trolls, nazis and misogynists who don't get as much as a slap on a wrist and you've been punished for that shit? Come on!

I don't know Bronson Lee all that well, most of you guys know him since GAF days, to me he is just a dude with a funny avatar, while he didn't deserve harassment, I find it funny that he considers himself completely innocent in this situation, the mod team could've deescalated the situation from the begining, they chose not to and now we have what we have. Simple as that.

Last edited:

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018

Got a "warning", that few minutes later turned into a 24h ban, which few more minutes later somehow turned into a two-weeks ban. Because it was clearly a serious infraction... I guess?

I regret nothing.
Very petty but I lolled hard.

Edit: For the post, not the warning or ban.

I don't know Bronson Lee all that well, most of you guys know him since GAF days, to me he is just a dude with a funny avatar, while he didn't deserve harassment, I find it funny that he considers himself completely innocent in this situation, the mod team could've deescalated the situation from the begining, they chose not to and know we have what we have. Simple as that.
I don't know him well but from what I gathered he's just another person who feels so morally superior to anyone else on planet earth and it looks like he really enjoys to stir the "look how despicable GAMERS(tm) are" pot quite too often. Just another person on the Internet though so nothing to get worked up over really.

Last edited:

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018

I regret nothing.
I didn't want to bring it up a few days ago because of other place drama, but I rolled my eyes really hard at a thread closure on Era and how it really shows their views.

Thread:

Mod closure text:

There's no need to make a thread on a PC store page making a wishlist of console exclusive games they'd like to have. This can be discussed elsewhere.
Yes, the thread was nonsensical, but the wording says it all.

Gengis Khan

Goodfella
Jan 26, 2019
Italy
mgmboxeisland.com
I don't know Bronson Lee all that well, most of you guys know him since GAF days, to me he is just a dude with a funny avatar, while he didn't deserve harassment, I find it funny that he considers himself completely innocent in this situation, the mod team could've deescalated the situation from the begining, they chose not to and now we have what we have. Simple as that.
I really don't want to drag this topic too much, but I personally find the guy incredibly disingenuous.
Admittedly I didn't even notice him until his "mod days", But then I noticed that he started deliberately antagonizing and baiting into bans PC users in every Epic thread.
He then proceeded at every given chance to praise Epic, start threads lauding some recently confirmed Epic exclusive (i,e. "Hades is an amazing game!"), to start (or heavily contribute to) threads about Valve's real or alleged shortcomings, etc etc.

More recently, he started his "call for action" against the toxicity around the topic, which once again felt incredibly disingenuous from his mouth.
And that's where his (frankly dubious) claims of "harassment" came into play, paired with questionable attempts to lump together critics of the EGS and shitlords sending death threats to people.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
If you have buddies over there I would suggest to invite them here. Discourse has been poisoned and people are just baiting bans and lurking threads just to report people (month long ban for a little jab? Give me a break). The less we talk about other forums the better IMO. Just bring your people here :minos_hd:

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019

In short:

CEO Tero Virtala, chairman Markis Mäki and a third unknown person have sold part of their Remedy stock in total value of 2.2 million euros. That happend about one week before Control launched on consoles and the EGS. Respawn's shares were on its highest point in the company's history, because of a promising financial report.

Wouldn't it be wiser to sell your own shares after a mayor, successful product was released? (Serious question, I have no idea about the stock market)

Of course it makes sense to me to sell before the launch, if preorders aren't good. But that would be illegal insider trading, wouldn't it? The CEO selling his own shares because something is going south... before the public learns about it.

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
Unless you already know who Remedy is, I dont see how anyone can be interested in Control.

Especially when you search ‘Control’ on gaming shops and you get actual game controllers

Reactions: Ge0force

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Unless you already know who Remedy is
They aren't Nobodys.
Max Payne 1 and 2, Alan Wake, Quantum Break are well known and beloved titles, even classics to a degree (except for Quantum Break).
I was looking forward to Control, until the inevitable greed happened.

Reactions: Ge0force

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
They aren't Nobodys.
Max Payne 1 and 2, Alan Wake, Quantum Break are well known and beloved titles, even classics to a degree (except for Quantum Break).
I was looking forward to Control, until the inevitable greed happened.
I know, but at least for me my interest on the game stems from the fact that Remedy is behind it, because gameplay wise it doesnt look that special.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Darq dev should just end it at there and not engage any further with egs.
Imo.
I don't know... He shouldn't turn this into a media circus of course, but his blog post and tweet go straight against Epic's narrative that they are doing all of this "for the developers in need". Which is something the media and EGS defenders are constantly using to justify Epic's actions.

Doctor Ironic

Mar 18, 2019
Control looks really interesting and I have always loved Remedy, but let’s be honest, sales-wise their games have never been powerhouses and Control looks to be no exception. In fact, the the CEO and chairman, of all people, dumping a ton of stock makes me very concerned about the company’s future. (Isn’t that illegal, anyways? Does that not count as insider trading?)

I’ll definitely pick up Control when it hits Steam. But until then... well, I hope the payout helps you survive.

Reactions: ISee

Chudah

Just a chick who games
May 24, 2019
Chicago
store.steampowered.com
Control looks really interesting and I have always loved Remedy, but let’s be honest, sales-wise their games have never been powerhouses and Control looks to be no exception. In fact, the the CEO and chairman, of all people, dumping a ton of stock makes me very concerned about the company’s future. (Isn’t that illegal, anyways? Does that not count as insider trading?)

I’ll definitely pick up Control when it hits Steam. But until then... well, I hope the payout helps you survive.
I would not be surprised if Remedy's CEO and chairman were the recipients of a majority of Epic's moneybag...

Reactions: ISee and Ge0force

Phoenix RISING

A phoenix always RISES!
Apr 23, 2019
Ann Arbor, MI
www.geeksundergrace.com
Oof.

This is amazing on so many levels. I think the one that makes me laugh the most is how little of a financial risk he is taking here.
I suppose going to Steam instead of EGS with a successful game has impacted his finances 0.

The guy just turned Tim’s tactics on himself (‘just lower your cut , Valve. Dont you care about devs?’)
Yeah, this dev is not only making EGS look foolish but greedy developers looking for that extra 20%, too.

Brilliant.

Phoenix RISING

A phoenix always RISES!
Apr 23, 2019
Ann Arbor, MI
www.geeksundergrace.com
I think Valve is just playing a long game, which will be vindicated when Hades makes Supergiant more money on Steam than EGS.

Remember that, regardless of what third parties do, Valve has to maintain a relationship with them. While it'd be great karma if there was a tit for tat, and it's frustrating to see Valve just doing nothing, it's actually in Valve's best interests that the EGS exclusives sell better on Steam, because it weakens Epic's stance that developers can make games exclusive to EGS without Epic throwing around cash for exclusives. That, unfortunately, does require them to maintain good relationships with developers. If Valve start tightening the rules, it's a tacit admission that Epic's scheme is working and weaken's their stance.

But as it stands, no one is going to go EGS exclusive without serious risk mitigation by Epic. And Epic is hoping that it pays off in the long run and they no longer need to mitigate developers' risk, and they just go to Epic by default for the 88/12 split.

If developers still make more money on Steam than they would going EGS exclusive without the moneyhat, Valve's 20-30% cut is vindicated. That means Epic will need to accept games will have to be on both stores, which then opens the door to them getting their ass whipped on multi-store games.
Yes, this is what I was saying next week.

I cannot wait for Hades to come out on Steam. It will be the first legit litmus test.

But the Borderlands 3 fans might not care, and we'll go backwards since they won't wait six months.

Phoenix RISING

A phoenix always RISES!
Apr 23, 2019
Ann Arbor, MI
www.geeksundergrace.com
Yeah that place that "shall not be named" has become so twisted and bizarre now. I am kinda glad I got my 1 week ban because I ended up here and have never been happier to find a moderate home that actually cares about PC gaming rather than a forum where how much you smell a developers farts and like them consitutes how "woke" you are.

It becomes really insufferable when you start to notice that a lot of the people in charge (or their protected ones) are often the most poisonous of the bunch.

Jesus Christ, WHAT THE HELL he's even blabbing about? Why he's trying to play this pathetic victim angle and bring in something completely unrelated?
I was just poking fun at the guy for hiding behind is faux wishy-washy attitude and use every possible excuse to take Epic's side (in this case buying a game he was criticizing once it would release on the EGS).

That's exactly the position I'm in at the moment. To be honest I don't really care about this game. It definitely doesn't look like it could be my cup of tea... But the dev is playing his hand so well he's tempting me to support him just out of sympathy.

VOTE
WITH
YOUR
DOLLARS

or whatever your currency is

Doctor Ironic

Mar 18, 2019
I would not be surprised if Remedy's CEO and chairman were the recipients of a majority of Epic's moneybag...
Oh for sure. You have to remember that studios like Motion Twin are the very rare exception, and there is no way this money gets evenly distributed throughout the company - and this is ESPECIALLY true when an EGSclusive already has a publisher. (The only exception here is Glumberland, who ditched their publisher and then immediately took an EGS deal. Hmmmmm.)

Reactions: C-Dub

Phoenix RISING

A phoenix always RISES!
Apr 23, 2019
Ann Arbor, MI
www.geeksundergrace.com
Darq dev should just end it at there and not engage any further with egs.
Imo.
Tim would do well to have a PR team tell him to have a seat. But egomaniacs these days LOVE the attention that money + social media brings.

Look at who he's responding to: A BURNER ACCOUNT.

Man with that kind of money ain't hip to the game, but the Darq dev apparently is.

Darq Dev be like: