News Epic Games Store

Doctor Ironic

Mar 18, 2019
Oh, man. Ohhhhhh man.

I was feeling kinda down about having to skip Hitman 3 on PC but now I know it was seriously the right decision. See you in a year IOI, I’d love to support your independent ventures but that EGS bonus should tide you over till then right?

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
IO really, really has a knack for shooting themselves in the foot with a sawed-off shotgun. Chapter format, always-online, and MTX if I recall. Now, EGS.

They have crazy talent, but from a business perspective they really are fond of throwing their customers under the bus.

Reactions: LEANIJA and lashman

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
I love IO but they made their choice with this game so they have to accept the consequences.

Honestly they've always made this a confusing mess going back to hitman 2016, this just adds another layer of confusion. All these packs and editions and the levels technically counting as DLC instead of wrapped up in 1 package has led to constant questions with each game about what someone owns or how to get it.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Well that sucks. PC players get fucked because IO made a terrible deal

I hope that the timed elusive target mission are gone or aren't not time exclusive anymore

If not I hope there is a chance for the players who wait next year to play them

Reactions: C-Dub and lashman

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Well, two terrible deals, VR exclusively for PSVR.

Will we get Sony exclusive DLC too?
If there are more exclusive than the VR part I would get mad. Else I'm not interested in VR
Its funny seeing people act like Epic is the reason these games exist. Like please get some perspective.
Epic deals aren't needed if the devs believe in their game.

Those who take it know that their game would fail, at least most of them

undu

Mar 17, 2019
I bought Hitman 1 goty at full price because it had a Linux release, bought hitman 2 with dlc at reduced priced because the linux version was not being released... and now it seems I'll have to wait even longer because IO will wait until they release the game in a launcher that supports Linux.

The deal it's getting worse every time...

• Sad
Reactions: lashman

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
The worst thing is that the studio is good, filled with talent and focused on making immersive and systemic sims. I just wish they didn't have such boneheads on the business end. Unfortunately for them, never touching this given how hard they are betraying and mistreating their customers.

Reactions: LEANIJA and lashman

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Well that sucks.

I wasn't going to buy it on eggs anyway but thats a bummer for those that were and wanted their stuff to carry over.

Man some of these companies are making it very easy to stick onto the ignore list. Shame. I loved Hitman 1&2. Was my GOTY. Ill get 3 but not until its super cheap in a future Steam seal.

Hope the moneyhat was pretty big IOI.

Reactions: C-Dub and lashman

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
I wish it was that simple for me, I kinda don't want to care, but my body keeps stopping me from pressing the purchase button on games I want like Snowrunner.
While I respect everyone's opinion about this matter, I wish more people had your "body". I understand that making games costs a lot of money and is a huge risk. But business decisions that only benefit the devs or publisher shouldn't have a negative impact for us as consumers.

This is clearly the case for Hitman 3, so I hope people will vote with their wallets for once. No doubt Hitman 3 will be a good game, but there are so many other great games on pc that aren't involved in shitty business deals. Go play these games instead, because the devs and publishers of these games deserve your money so much more than Epic or IOI.

Xclash

MetaMember
Dec 13, 2018
The lack of PCVR makes it even easier to ignore for me. I get taking the guaranteed cash, but it doesn't feel any less sucky from my end.
It's one thing if say FB came rolling in with cash but losing this shit to Sony, yuck. I said it before that I was cool with IO taking Epic's money but promising one thing and breaking that promise is scummy. Fuck em

Reactions: Nabs

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
While I respect everyone's opinion about this matter, I wish more people had your "body". I understand that making games costs a lot of money and is a huge risk. But business decisions that only benefit the devs or publisher shouldn't have a negative impact for us as consumers.

This is clearly the case for Hitman 3, so I hope people will vote with their wallets for once. No doubt Hitman 3 will be a good game, but there are so many other great games on pc that aren't involved in shitty business deals. Go play these games instead, because the devs and publishers of these games deserve your money.
I will be buying Snowrunner on EGS sometime after EGS exclusivity has ended if the Steam version hasn't been announced by then. Not the moment EGS exclusivity runs out as I still think if there will be a Steam version it will be after all the DLC is out which I think won't happen until around mid-21. EGSxclusivity should run out on april 28th.

Until then, no.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
You guys know what's gonna happen right? Epic gonna do what Epic always does, throw money at the backlash and just give Hitman 2 for free.
Possible. But one day, Epic will stop playing Santa Claus, while still being the same shitty company that doesn't mind to f*ck over the gaming community to make more profit.

Pogi

illiterate
Jun 25, 2019
i stopped giving IOI the benefit of the doubt when they purposely obfuscated the bundling of hitman 2 to an absurd level, like come on, even paradox with its bajillion dlcs was so easy to follow which dlc belongs to what.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Now I understand why I never get invited to the new EA Origin desktop app, according to Trello, you can't even uninstall games from it yet.

Edit: Wrong thread, or maybe not.

Last edited:

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019

I know he isn't responsible for IOI's incompetence, but I found this a bit ironic.
Universal Copies sound so nice. Who's going to pay for and handle distribution and infrastructure?

If it's so Universal, then I assume that the feature set of every platform should be that of the higher common denominator, and every store should share the lowest cut possible. That has to be sustainable, Tim said so.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Universal Copies sound so nice. Who's going to pay for and handle distribution and infrastructure?

If it's so Universal, then I assume that the feature set of every platform should be that of the higher common denominator, and every store should share the lowest cut possible. That has to be sustainable, Tim said so.
Call it the blockchain of gaming distribution and some nerds will do it for free at the sound of 'blockchain'.

• Toucan
Reactions: lashman and Swenhir

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019

I know he isn't responsible for IOI's incompetence, but I found this a bit ironic.
Hmm interesting let's read the article
Ubisoft Is One Step Closer to the Dream of Buying Universal Copies of Games

Ubisoft's subscription service gives
You lost me before I even started reading your introduction. Bravo.

Paying for a subscription isn't buying a copy of the game.

Ruvon

Chaotic writer
May 15, 2019
France
cabinetdechaologie.wordpress.com
Choice of words is... I don't know.

"someone who owns a game on Steam would have to buy it again on EGS to get the full benefits of it" Am I really bad in English or does he just said that "Epic would love to give you the game you own on Steam on our store too" like GoG do with GoG Connect ?

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto

Why would ubisoft dream of buying its own games? They arent that good.
But seriously, please Tim, don't promote a rental service and call it ownership. I didn't own the movies or games I rented from blockbuster, I wouldnt own an Ubigame if I have to keep paying for access to it every month