News Epic Games Store

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
In a vaccuum I see no issue with full exclusivity for stuff Epic has funded from the ground up. At least they're actively creating instead of just trying to trip the competition.

But I'm soured permanently on Epics business so even if I'm fine with the principle I still aint buying their shit. I deleted my EGS account and I aint making a new one.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Why? EGS publishing is great as it fully funds the project from the get-go meaning Epic has to live with the flop or success of the games.
i'm not angry ... just disappointed because i won't get to play those games ... epic burned that bridge with me when they started doing egsclusives

In a vaccuum I see no issue with full exclusivity for stuff Epic has funded from the ground up. At least they're actively creating instead of just trying to trip the competition.

But I'm soured permanently on Epics business so even if I'm fine with the principle I still aint buying their shit. I deleted my EGS account and I aint making a new one.
yes, this, exactly

Jav

Question everything, learn nothing
Sep 17, 2019
I still don't think exclusives are a good fit for PC and I'm pretty sure once Epic gets into a position of power they will become a company ''a la Sony'' where they will extort and bully everyone into maintaining their position, gating everything they can. There is a reason why the industry is where is at right now and it's for companies like those.

With that, their treatment of the children that play their game, security concerns and my personal dislike for the likes of Sweeney I cannot in good faith support anything Epic related, glad whoever it is gets paid but it's not worth it.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
I mean, that's already the case with their lifetime Minimun guarantee model...
The devs will be the ones hurting if the games dont sell because they only appear on EGS. Epic funds only last for development, gotta rely on sales after that. $0 dollars in sales isn't going to keep the lights on long, unless Epic is pulling a Bethesda and will swoop in to buy the devs at discount rates after their EGS funded games tank.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
To be fair, the discourse around Ooblets was extremely terrible. The devs had poor messaging, but there was zero reason for them to receive so much hatred.
I seem to recall they tried to gaslight people and put their foot in their mouth more than once. Harassment and illegal things hurled at them were unacceptable but disliking them and criticizing them seemed rather well-deserved.

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018

Some EGS player stats for September 2020. Those numbers do not seem that great assuming it's weekly players and not concurrent.
So.... not only the number of players appears to be low... they only have one game at #9 that was not given for free on their active use base? Yeah.... that's a store where people really like to spend money :rolleyes:...

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Yeah, as I said in the Steam thread, Apple's lawyer destroyed Allison (Epic's EGS guy). Also, our opposition of Epic's moneyhatting made it into the court proceedings (and Sweeney's head) so that's pretty cool if I may say so!
We are apparently trolls and in no way legitimate consumers. Though given the money that Epic has handed out, I have to say that I indeed have a bridge to sell.

Dec 5, 2018

Some EGS player stats for September 2020. Those numbers do not seem that great assuming it's weekly players and not concurrent.
Unique players, so it's weekly, but I'd like to know a ccu graph or something but most have been given away for free so it's not that great regardless.
"I won't let a bunch of humorless trolls control the messaging around our store" )
It's a good attitude in life but coming from him it's funny. (Also he should spend less time on the internet).
I'm howling in laugther

Something something about not wanting "crappy games" (his words).

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
Some of the moneyhats that devs signed up for (from the documents that madjoki posted in the Steam thread) are stupidly low. The Snowrunner guys got a good chunk of cash (20 million) but Mortal Shell only got $1.5 million and Tony Hawk 1+2 a measly $4 million. Whoever made that deal for Activision is dumb as bricks.

CommodoreKong

Mercenary in the Badlands
Jun 15, 2019
Some of the moneyhats that devs signed up for (from the documents that madjoki posted in the Steam thread) are stupidly low. The Snowrunner guys got a good chunk of cash (20 million) but Mortal Shell only got $1.5 million and Tony Hawk 1+2 a measly $4 million. Whoever made that deal for Activision is dumb as bricks.
I got a feeling that due to this trial devs and publishers are going to be asking for a lot more money for both exclusives and free games. They aren't going to be lowballed anymore.

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018

2600% preorders increase..

zooms in.....

Some free games Epic tried to get: (but failed)
Looks like Epic uses shamelessly Steam as shopping platform :D

PUBG
Resident Evil 2 (Remake)
Dead by Daylight
Euro Truck Sim 2
Mortal Kombat 11
Insurgency Sandstorm
No Man's Sky
Europa Universalis IV
Two Point Hospital
Astroneer
Hunt Showdown