News Epic Games Store

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
Apple backed off. EGS mobile will launch soon. I'm not expecting much as Fortnite on mobile was never a huge deal and the only way I can see it being a game changer is if they convince someone like Mihoyo to pull their games from the App Store which is extremely unlikely.

I know they have a mobile version of Fall Guys planned, but Stumble Guys already ate FG's lunch (kind of like how Fortnite ate PUBG's lunch).

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018

Another Epic published game coming to Steam (the first being RAILGRADE). Looks like it released on EGS last March:
Yes, in both cases they released on Steam as self-published titles. You can bet if AW makes it to Steam, it will likely end up in a similar way.

CommodoreKong

Mercenary in the Badlands
Jun 15, 2019
Yes, in both cases they released on Steam as self-published titles. You can bet if AW makes it to Steam, it will likely end up in a similar way.
Yeah hopefully Remedy got the same deal where they can eventually self publish Alan Wake 2 on other PC storefronts if they want to. Given Alan Wake 2 is much higher profile than Touch Type Tale or RAILGRADE it doesn't seem impossible to me they have a different contract with Epic but who knows.

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
Yeah hopefully Remedy got the same deal where they can eventually self publish Alan Wake 2 on other PC storefronts if they want to. Given Alan Wake 2 is much higher profile than Touch Type Tale or RAILGRADE it doesn't seem impossible to me they have a different contract with Epic but who knows.
For what it worth, neither Remedy nor Epic could confirm a full exclusive based on different interviews.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020

Mor

Sep 7, 2018

Suicide Squad is going to be a promotional game for Prime Day. I thought it would be an EGS freebie by winter sale 2025, but I'm going to bump that up to this year's winter sale.
you can bet they will put it on Humble Bundle too at some point