News Epic Games Store

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020

Elden Ring might be coming to EGS at some point. :detectiveblob:

Freebies helped them juice the numbers to persuade sony, lego and disney to waste vast amounts of cash on their roblox wannabe
Speaking of their Roblox wannabe

Their metaverse numbers are downright grim considering the massive investment.

This is a good article that directly compares Roblox to Fortnite in the context of the metaverse. The gist is the Fortnite audience primarily cares about Fortnite the shooting game and not non-shooting game modes that only have the Fortnite branding. In comparison, Roblox has been able to diversify its gameplay experiences and is seen as a sandbox and more of a social hangout place. I've never actually played Roblox, but I think it's basically Garry's Mod but amped up to 11.

crimsonheadGCN

MetaMember
Jan 20, 2019
Clifton, New Jersey
www.resetera.com
A user of /r/EpicGamesPC posted a thread about Shapez 2 being on EGS and the developer replied to a person saying that it's sad that the first one is on EGS but not the second:

The problem is that it's a big amount of extra effort to also update the game on EGS constantly, as well as adding integration for the EGS SDK to support things like achievements, workshop etc.

Maybe after 1.0 :)
There will still be people claiming that it's easy though.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
Star Wars Outlaws is currently 98th on the EGS most played charts. I get the feeling the analysts were right about it underperforming.

Still expecting AC Shadows to do big numbers.

A user of /r/EpicGamesPC posted a thread about Shapez 2 being on EGS and the developer replied to a person saying that it's sad that the first one is on EGS but not the second:

There will still be people claiming that it's easy though.
I've read more than a handful of posts from indie devs complaining about Epic's backend. I think the shapez is a solo dev project so it makes sense to focus on the biggest platform first then expand later.

Epic has workshop support? 🤔
They've had workshop support since 2020 but only two games use it: Troy Total War and Mechwarrior 5. FWIW Steam Workshop isn't used a ton nowadays and most games are on Nexus or mod.io.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: lashman
Dec 5, 2018
Star Wars Outlaws is currently 98th on the EGS most played charts. I get the feeling the analysts were right about it underperforming.
I find it interesting that both licensed games did "bad" for ubisoft. And knowing disney terms numbers that could be considered okay might leave a lot to be desired. But it's hard to say much without hard numbers

Still expecting AC Shadows to do big numbers.
AC is one of those series that always does well The tourism simulator nature of the series certainly helps a lot.

Reactions: Arc and lashman

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
I find it interesting that both licensed games did "bad" for ubisoft. And knowing disney terms numbers that could be considered okay might leave a lot to be desired. But it's hard to say much without hard numbers
I'm not surprised that outlaws didn't sell well. The preview gameplay vids looked really bad. Also many gamers are rejecting €80 games, especially from a publisher that does deep sales a few months after release. Last but not least it's not on Steam.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
I think Star Wars has been on a downward trend the past several years as well. I know the EA Jedi games were big, but IIRC a lot of those TV shows haven't done well since Rise of Skywalker. I'm not a Star Wars geek so I could be spouting BS. :shrugblob:

AC is one of those series that always does well The tourism simulator nature of the series certainly helps a lot.
Avatar had 1.9 million players in ~2 months which is respectable but the if the Disney licensing fee is anything like Insomniac's for Spider-Man it probably isn't that great in the grand scheme of things.

Also I think Shadows looks good. I'm probably just going to get it on Uplay early next year when I get my new PC since the PS5 version only runs at 30 FPS.

Paul

MetaMember
Jan 26, 2019
Avatar had 1.9 million players in ~2 months which is respectable but the if the Disney licensing fee is anything like Insomniac's for Spider-Man it probably isn't that great in the grand scheme of things.
That is super low number for that game's budget and pretty much certainly means that it financially bombed.

Outlaws is probably gonna bomb too, not on steam and available for 20 bucks for rent, why would anyone buy it full price? On PC at least.

For what it's worth, I am playing it and enjoying it - for me it is lot better than Division 1, 2 or Avatar, so it is best Massive game since World in Conflict.

Reactions: Arc

CommodoreKong

Mercenary in the Badlands
Jun 15, 2019
That is super low number for that game's budget and pretty much certainly means that it financially bombed.

Outlaws is probably gonna bomb too, not on steam and available for 20 bucks for rent, why would anyone buy it full price? On PC at least.

For what it's worth, I am playing it and enjoying it - for me it is lot better than Division 1, 2 or Avatar, so it is best Massive game since World in Conflict.
Yeah given how big Ubisoft games typically have hundreds of not thousands of developers I'm guessing Ubi was none too happy with 1.9 million "players" in 2 months, especially since the game probably had high licensing fees while their original franchises don't.

Last edited: