News Epic Games Store

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Yeah, "unfair" to customers expecting it to release where they said it would release at the time they said it would release was apparently a veiled gamergater call to arms but all the bs about Steam just lining the pockets of Gabe Newell and co (and omg company wide paid vacation vs Epic's crunch, how horrid Valve is to offer such bonuses and lead by example when the rest of the poor industry like billionaire Tim have to suffer so) without offering anything beyond being a "game developer IRS" were a-ok! Even though EGS can't match Steam's services, Steam has to be called out to match its fee to be a-good-thing® like it, etc.!

Last edited:

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Man I hope RDR2 is a timed exclusive, because 2020 will be insane once everything gets a proper release lmao

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
Even Steam announcements aren't Steam announcements until pre-orders are up. Everything is EGS until further notice. Everything is terrible.

Valve should stop telling devs they can't put pre-orders up immediately. Let them do what they want.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Even Steam announcements aren't Steam announcements until pre-orders are up. Everything is EGS until further notice.
yeah, pretty much this

pre-orders (or just a release) is the only guarantee

trailers aren't, promises aren't, pre-orders outside of steam aren't, kickstarters aren't, alphas/betas aren't, reviewers/influencers saying they're playing a steam version aren't either (apparently influencers got steam keys for WRC8 ... and we already know this one's going egsclusive)

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
I hope Epic blows a ton of money on RDR2 timed exclusivity. It'll still be on social club anyway and its easy to ignore for me because I bought it on PS4 and hated it.

Reactions: NarohDethan

Phoenix RISING

A phoenix always RISES!
Apr 23, 2019
Ann Arbor, MI
www.geeksundergrace.com
I don't understand Schreirer. What happened to give freedom to devs? Or to choose their own terms?

I don;t get it.
It's just like republicans in America. Free speech...until you discuss things they don't want to hear.

Schreirer was the last vestige of "reputable game journalism." His work on crunch will never be forgotten, but as it turns out, he, too, was a milkshake duck.

Man, we're back to fanboy blogs again...gaming industry keeps tripping over its own feet, denying itself respectability.

By the way, ALL OF YALL BETTER BUY DARQ
For added salt, buy on GOG to demonstrate what fair competition looks like.

Last edited:

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
Schreier should have been ignored ever since he decided to dunk on Valve for offering employees paid vacations and benefits as some kind of negative.

Other than having sources in the industry to get some leaks and scoops, he's no different than any other corporate-bootlicking gamer.
what the hell? when was this?

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
what the hell? when was this?

Meanwhile, you can expect these Epic Store controversies to continue at least until Valve relents on that 70-30% split, which might affect their yearly company-wide Hawaii vacations but would probably make game developers’ lives a whole lot better.

PC-Patriot

Press Any key, where the hell is it ?
Aug 5, 2019
I just find it incredible how we have got to a point where the media and developers are making out that Valve are the bad guys here. On one hand we have a company that stood by the PC platform, innovated and ended up with one of the most comprehensive featured clients there is. A company that treats it's staff right and gives indie developers a staggering amount of freedom.

On the other had we have a company that told PC gamers to fuck off, largely abandoned the platform, has a client that makes 2004 steam look like the pinnacle of evolution, treats it's workers like slaves, treats indie developers with utter contempt unless they obey them to the letter and is basically paying for exclusives on the back of their long suffering staff.

But nope Valve are the bad guys and Epic are the good guys..

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
Schreier should have been ignored ever since he decided to dunk on Valve for offering employees paid vacations and benefits as some kind of negative.

Other than having sources in the industry to get some leaks and scoops, he's no different than any other corporate-bootlicking gamer.
He is just Epic's TimDog who writes for a website.

Samson

Aug 2, 2019
Heraklion

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Welp, I put my money where my mouth is and picked up DARQ. I absolutely loved Little Nightmares, so if this is in any way similar, I'm sure I'll be in for a treat. I'll be writing a review when I'm done, too, cause, ya know, Steam allows that type of thing.
i bought it at release ... was looking forward to it for a good while :)

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

m_dorian

Ούτις
May 22, 2019
My opinion might not be popular but still i believe that Schreier is either misguided or he has spent to much time caring for the devs and this has clouded his judgement.
I do think that he is the best that we ve got (so far at least), not perfect or even adequate after all those recent misses of his but i really think his motives are truly pure.

I 'm crossing my fingers this will be true though since i can not vouch for anyone else than myself (and my family members) yet i think it is evident that all this time he has approached the issue from the less revealing angle, he is making mistakes just like the rest of us,

And i am willing to give this person the benefit of the doubt because he has proven his worth but we get to see so many willing idiots mindlesly yelling the "Just another launcher" narrative so we instictively bag anyone and throw them to the river of stupidity.

Yet i can't find excuses for him forever, he needs to go out there and do his work and not just stay at the comfort zone some EGS friendly devs provide for him.

Myradeer

Rayon de Soleil
Apr 17, 2019
I mean, motives forms a decent component in one's legacy, but actions (and ultimately results) are what matters the most. This means I'm open to amending my quite negative opinion on the man depending on what happens in the future, but personally, I'm pessimistic.