News Epic Games Store

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Given how cheap X-Com 2 was over the past week I fully expect an X-Com 3 Eggsclusive reveal.
This would piss off lots of people, so Epic will definitely try to snatch it. Let's hope pc gamers keep voting with their wallets against Epic's moneyhatting, no matter what games they announce tonight. There are so many other great games to play on pc, and waiting a year before playing games has been nothing but rewarding for me so far. 😀

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
I think it'd be much better to just get a list after the fact than get worked up waiting for it :).

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
X-Com 3 would right piss me off, Same as Hitman 3 did but im waiting for that to roll round to Steam so i guess :shrugblob:.
Yeah I'd be kind of surprised. XCOM3 is not a fringe, wonder if it'll sell title. I also think that would be bad for the mod community dropping out Workshop like that.

On the other hand, maybe we'll see less exclusives and more multi-store announcements. Like EGS trying to act like a real big player store now. Which would be ok with me.

Reactions: Joe Spangle

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
Nobody is watching the stream. I think it peaked at 14k on twitch. 1800 on YT.

Not to mention this incredible quality.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
The KH pricing is fucking hilarious. I bought the HD collection long time ago for far cheaper.

Dec 5, 2018
Holy shit that pricing AHAHAHAHAHA

I'm not even gonna pretend I'm bothered by the exclusivity when there is no chance I would buy these at this price on Steam
As I said in the other thread that's SE Japan pricing alright (and good luck seeing a discount lower than 50%)

So we learned that Square Enix doesn't understand the PC platform, doesn't respect it, and only seeks to milk it with as little effort as possible.
We knew that already.

• This!
Reactions: lashman and Durante

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Kingdom Hearts being EGS exclusive has Disney's fingerprints all over it.

Going to give Square Enix the benefit of the doubt here.

Reactions: Justice Raynes

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Everything was glitching, a bunch of old Kingdom Hearts and 3 exclusive to EGS, more glitches, ... and one more thing, for the first time on PC! Axion Verge 2... The End
That's it? Axiom Verge 2 and a bunch of seriously overpriced Kingdom Hearts games? What a joke after Epic's claims that they will have more exclusives incoming than ever. 😂

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
No worries, I have no doubt they will release on Steam, by that time the games might not have that hilarious pricing, I mean jfc.

I was over the "mad at egs exclusivity" the moment I saw the pricing. :p
Still feel bad cause' I specifically said "big ones are multi-store" and yet a behind the scene deal happened, sorry.

• Hug
Reactions: Ruvon and lashman

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Is the show going on just now so there will be more news or was KH the only big thing announced? Just checking news on gematsu and don't see much.

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018

Is the show going on just now so there will be more news or was KH the only big thing announced? Just checking news on gematsu and don't see much.
It was basically the Kingdom Hearts showcase + some F2P stuff. Axiom Verge 2 is coming to the EGS, and some game called Binary Smoke.

Reactions: lashman and Swenhir

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
I once again went in expecting the worst, but that is not too bad. KH sucks, but realistically, I would never spend those prices on those games and waiting up to a year is no biggie.

The Axiom Verge creator, I thought had major medical expenses, so I understand taking upfront money. Plus I assume that deal was actually inked a long time ago given the free giveway.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Well, I'm sorry that KH was EGS exclusive at the end of the day, I swear to god that there are Steam versions, please be patient :crying-face:
There is nothing to apologize for. KH not being on Steam? Big whoop
It wasn't on steam for the better part of what 5+ years since S-E re-released the series, what is another year or two? It's video games at the end of day.

EDIT: Furthermore don't hold yourself responsible for this, we loving and understanding peeps on here :blobhug:

Last edited:

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
The Axiom Verge creator, I thought had major medical expenses, so I understand taking upfront money. Plus I assume that deal was actually inked a long time ago given the free giveway.
yeah ... good on him ... he really needs the money

also - the blog post he wrote about the egsclusivity is REALLY good

Doctor Ironic

Mar 18, 2019
So let me get this straight - the only new EGS exclusives, that we didn’t already know about, were Kingdom Hearts and Axiom Verge 2?

Bummer about AV2 but LOL.

I’m not into Kingdom Hearts but a friend who is has told me that KH 2.8 is “a port of a 3DS game, a 90-minute movie that’s up for free on Square Enix’s official YouTube, and a demo for 3,” and EGS is charging $60 for it. Simply amazing.

Reactions: Arsene and lashman

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020

I might be overthinking this, but the fact they used the phrase "debut" makes me think KH is timed exclusive. I know there was some concern about them being permanently exclusive.

yeah ... good on him ... he really needs the money

also - the blog post he wrote about the egsclusivity is REALLY good

That's a very good blog post and why I don't always hate the concept of exclusivity. The goodwill generated by being upfront with customers is priceless.

Reactions: lashman