News Epic Games Store

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Genuine question

Why is there always free games in their top seller list? Are they really including microtransactions?
We don't really understand at 100% the top seller list, in the case of control it could very well be due to dlc in package, but unknown for some others.

Reactions: Routa and lashman

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
I fully believe their "top sellers" list is simply a curated marketing showcase of whatever they want to push because I sincerely doubt anyone is actually buying Godfall.
I think the best sellers list is legitimate, but there are a lot of qualifiers that make it near impossible to gauge sales. Presumably the list includes gross revenue, which would explain freebies like NBA 2K21, Frostpunk and Control making the list due to additional DLC and microtransactions. At the same time, it may or may not exclude preorders which would explain games like Battlefield 2042 not making the list. Also the volume of sales may be low and a title like Godfall wouldn't have to move a lot of copies to chart.

If I were personally curating the top sellers, I would put highly anticipated games like Battlefield, Naraka Bladepoint and STALKER 2 near the top to let people know they exist, especially since they're completely missing from the EGS front page right now. It would also help make the store look better compared to Steam where those games are topping that store's charts.

Reactions: lashman

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Last edited:

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
I noticed Humankind is on the top sellers list too so I guess it does include preorders. Which means the absence of Battlefield and Naraka Bladepoint gives a bit of a clue as to how multistore releases fare.

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
I noticed Humankind is on the top sellers list too so I guess it does include preorders. Which means the absence of Battlefield and Naraka Bladepoint gives a bit of a clue as to how multistore releases fare.
Still a bit weird weekly update, to be honest, I wouldn't discard this is still affected by the latest summer sale and that's why games such as Death Stranding or RDR2 are so high in the top 25.

Reactions: Arc and lashman

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
No, Timbo. People keep bringing it up and making infographs because it's a fundamental part of an online store and your multi-billion dollar company full of software engineers and departments full of people designing and making trinkets to sell in Fortnite doesn't have a store with a Shopping Cart.

(Not that i'd ever use it unless forced to but my point stands.)
The Store For Your Multi-Billion Dollar Company Is Trash And Even Tiny Indie Publishers Have A Better Shopping Experience Than You Do.

Billionaire Has A Shit Store. Think on it, Tim.

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
After he felt the need to criticize the removal of Parler by Google and Apple and folks completely shrugged it off, these hypocritical statements will continue to go on unchecked. :expressionless-face:

• This!

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
Mor Epic updated their top sellers for the first time since I think Monday? I believe this is the first update since their sale ended. There's nothing too remarkable to discuss, but Battlefield 2042 is in 25th place so we can finally conclude preorders are included in the top sellers.

Also they updated their most played games. They removed Fortnite, I assume so it doesn't hog the #1 spot in perpetuity. Also, to show how silly and illogical their charts are: an unreleased game, Jurassic World Evolution 2, is currently in 25th place.

• Toucan
Reactions: lashman and Mor

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
My first thought it is probably supposed to be the original Jurassic World Evolution and there was a screw up somewhere. Still pretty funny though.

• Toucan
Reactions: curi0usBystander

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
Mor Epic updated their top sellers for the first time since I think Monday? I believe this is the first update since their sale ended. There's nothing too remarkable to discuss, but Battlefield 2042 is in 25th place so we can finally conclude preorders are included in the top sellers.

Also they updated their most played games. They removed Fortnite, I assume so it doesn't hog the #1 spot in perpetuity. Also, to show how silly and illogical their charts are: an unreleased game, Jurassic World Evolution 2, is currently in 25th place.
So no weekly, just whenever they want to update it :crying-face:

• Sad
Reactions: Arc

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
It's free on mobile so they're probably fine with it. For what it's worth, I don't think those numbers are too amazing considering how popular Among Us was and how it was in the middle of their big sale.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
That Epic Humble Bundle must be the worst selling bundle ever. It has only sold 3,467 so far and there is only 6 days left
I can't understand that 3.467 actually paid money for the most crappy bundle ever. WWZ is the only decent one and it was a freebie on EGS earlier this year.

Spookyfriend

Jan 27, 2019
I can't understand that 3.467 actually paid money for the most crappy bundle ever. WWZ is the only decent one and it was a freebie on EGS earlier this year.
That's probably the amount of Epic user who is willing to put some money to support their platform of choice. Considering most people just treat it as a free game launcher :D

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Some people just habitually buy any/every bundle.

They're the only ones interested in this.